04-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Free Agent Cornerbacks.
Baltimore desperately needs a veteran corner to help our secondary. Here's my top 5 guy's I think we should bring in for a workout. With Webb probably missing the first 4 games of the season, that means Washington, Foxworth, and Carr are still the guys with a ton of responsibility. None of those 3 are above average players.
1) Dre Bly - The most talented out of the group. He's lost a step in speed, but in zone coverage Bly has a great feel for reading the QB. Bly is a great competitor and I think he'd step in immediately as a nickle back. He's still got talent left in his tank, so watch out for Baltimore to make a move on him asap.
2) Lenny Walls - A 6'4 cornerback that led the Canadian league in picks last season. He'd be the tallest corner on the team which would make him an interesting project. I'd take a shot on Lenny because of his NFL experience, great size/speed combo and his playmaking ability. Baltimore needs a tall corner to match up with giant receivers, otherwise our little guys are going to get man handled.. again.
3) Mike Mickens - I liked this dude a lot coming out of Cincinnati, but since being in the pros he's bounced around a lot. He possessed solid speed, and a fantastic burst, but knee injuries have slowed him down. If healthy, Mickens is a young, physical, experienced, playmaking cornerback that I'd love to on the team.
4) DeAngelo Smith - Mickens former teammate at Cinci led the nation in picks in college. He's got great hands and he's a special teams ace, but he gambled too much, and wasn't athletic enough to cover big receivers in the pros. Still has some potential left.
5) Torrie Cox - Cox was often injured during his time in the NFL but that's not to say he didn't make plays. With constant knee injuries, his career is likely over but if he's back in shape he might be worth a 1 year deal.
Last edited by GoRavens : 04-27-2010 at 09:51 AM.