Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-24-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caldwell and Cosby would catastrophic in the slot...like last year.
Cosby is our best special teamer, blocking and returning.

Let Shipley return kicks and Cosby punts.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Thoughts on all our other picks...

Gresham - Wasn't thrilled but was not disappointed by any means. He is a complete TE and I don't understand why people say he can't block? He isn't a primary blocking TE but he can do it and do it fairly well. He will open up our passing game quite a bit. The way I look at it is that Gresham will give us prob 3-8 catches a game which will result more first downs and help keep the offense in rhythm.

Impact this season: Starter

Dunlap - Just another beast for Zimmer to play with. Geathers-Odom-Dunlap-Johnson. Thats a pretty sick Dline for 3rd and long... CD and MJ should be the future at DE for this team. Dunlap is playing with a huge chip on his shoulder for people saying he takes so many snaps off and disappears on the field to much. Hopefully in spot duty he shines. Just like MJ a boom or bust pick, but with Zimmer I don't see him being a bust.

Impact this season: Situationaly Pass Rush that will play both DT and DE

Shipley - Great pickup. Initially I didn't like it at all, but after thinking about what he can do for this team I started to really like it. I think he will beat out Caldwell for the #3 spot or else it will be a 3a and 3b kinda thing with Caldwell. He has the size to play slot and be effective. Also was a very good return man and will compete for the PR job in TC.

Impact this season: Should win 3rd WR spot and contribute on ST as a returner

Ghee - Loved this pick. He is quick and is an upgrade over David Jones and will compete with Morgan Trent for the nickle corner spot. I think Ghee will have the upper hand because he is quicker and more complete CB imo. I was impressed with Morgan Trent through most of the year but he was just to inconsistent. Ghee should solidfy that nickle spot and hopefully have a good year.

Impact this season: Nickle Corner

Atkins - I still don't think we needed to address DT in the draft, but can't be disappointed in the value we got for Atkins. He is a pass rushing DT that will take over for Tank when his deal is up. He will compete for the 4th DT spot in TC.

Impact this season: 4th DT or PS

Muckelroy - Another pick I love. Let him sit behind Rey this year and learn the SLB spot. He is a tackling machine and should take over the SLB when Rey moves inside which probably will be next year. Should give us a solid group of LBs for the next couple years.

Impact this season: Back up SLB

Hudson - I don't know anything about him other than he is expected to play RG and be Bobbie's backup and when Bobbie is done to take over for him. Paul Alexander(the oline coach) apparently loves him as well.

Impact this season: Back up RG

Briscoe - Personally I love this pick, he will probably end up on practice squad though, might get picked up on another team though. He needs to add some weight to his frame(maybe 5-10 lbs), he is really lanky. I am not concerned about him losing speed as he isn't a speed demon anyway. But he makes a lot of tough catches and could eventually be a #2 WR like TJ Housh was

Impact this season: PS

Stephens - Well he is the C/G that we seem to take almost every year that will probably just be cut

Impact this season: PS or cut

Last edited by crites09 : 04-24-2010 at 09:21 PM.
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats with Warren not getting drafted?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Caldwell and Cosby would catastrophic in the slot...like last year.
Cosby is our best special teamer, blocking and returning.

Let Shipley return kicks and Cosby punts.
I agree that Cosby is one of our best special teams players, and he may make the team just solely for that reason. But I can't see him beating out Shipley for KR and PR. Shipley can do both and has been effective at both those spots. If for some reason Shipley went down Cosby would be able to fill in immediately without much of a drop off.

WRs for the year I would love : Ocho, Bryant, Shipley, Caldwell, Cosby, Jones
Old 04-24-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Whats with Warren not getting drafted?
Donovan Warren? Slow, didn't have a great year at Michigan...
Old 04-25-2010, 06:46 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
Thoughts on all our other picks...

Gresham - Wasn't thrilled but was not disappointed by any means. He is a complete TE and I don't understand why people say he can't block? He isn't a primary blocking TE but he can do it and do it fairly well. He will open up our passing game quite a bit. The way I look at it is that Gresham will give us prob 3-8 catches a game which will result more first downs and help keep the offense in rhythm.

Impact this season: Starter

Dunlap - Just another beast for Zimmer to play with. Geathers-Odom-Dunlap-Johnson. Thats a pretty sick Dline for 3rd and long... CD and MJ should be the future at DE for this team. Dunlap is playing with a huge chip on his shoulder for people saying he takes so many snaps off and disappears on the field to much. Hopefully in spot duty he shines. Just like MJ a boom or bust pick, but with Zimmer I don't see him being a bust.

Impact this season: Situationaly Pass Rush that will play both DT and DE

Shipley - Great pickup. Initially I didn't like it at all, but after thinking about what he can do for this team I started to really like it. I think he will beat out Caldwell for the #3 spot or else it will be a 3a and 3b kinda thing with Caldwell. He has the size to play slot and be effective. Also was a very good return man and will compete for the PR job in TC.

Impact this season: Should win 3rd WR spot and contribute on ST as a returner

Ghee - Loved this pick. He is quick and is an upgrade over David Jones and will compete with Morgan Trent for the nickle corner spot. I think Ghee will have the upper hand because he is quicker and more complete CB imo. I was impressed with Morgan Trent through most of the year but he was just to inconsistent. Ghee should solidfy that nickle spot and hopefully have a good year.

Impact this season: Nickle Corner

Atkins - I still don't think we needed to address DT in the draft, but can't be disappointed in the value we got for Atkins. He is a pass rushing DT that will take over for Tank when his deal is up. He will compete for the 4th DT spot in TC.

Impact this season: 4th DT or PS

Muckelroy - Another pick I love. Let him sit behind Rey this year and learn the SLB spot. He is a tackling machine and should take over the SLB when Rey moves inside which probably will be next year. Should give us a solid group of LBs for the next couple years.

Impact this season: Back up SLB

Hudson - I don't know anything about him other than he is expected to play RG and be Bobbie's backup and when Bobbie is done to take over for him. Paul Alexander(the oline coach) apparently loves him as well.

Impact this season: Back up RG

Briscoe - Personally I love this pick, he will probably end up on practice squad though, might get picked up on another team though. He needs to add some weight to his frame(maybe 5-10 lbs), he is really lanky. I am not concerned about him losing speed as he isn't a speed demon anyway. But he makes a lot of tough catches and could eventually be a #2 WR like TJ Housh was

Impact this season: PS

Stephens - Well he is the C/G that we seem to take almost every year that will probably just be cut

Impact this season: PS or cut

Good summary on our picks. Here are my observations to add:

* Gresham - if he can stay on the field, this guy will improve our offense and I can't wait to see him in action.
* Dunlop - Great pick, I am not the biggest Gaethers fan and agree DJ/him are our future at DE.
* Shipely - bye bye Simpson
* Ghee - other than Pudge, dont think there weren't too many of us picking a CB early. After the thinking about this more, I also like this move for the reasons noted above.
* Atkins - I really like this one. We do need to put more pressure on QB up front and this guy fits our need of a rotational fast DT.
* Muckelroy - good football player coming from a solid program. Makes sense. like everything I've heard about him.
* Hudson - BPA for OG, could we have gottin him at the next pick?
* Briscoe - of all the picks, this is the one I question the most with our safety need going unfilled.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the Muckelroy pick for the future. Could pay off in the form of depth this year but definitely when Dhani leaves.

Wondering if Jeanty's spot is up for grabs or they won't carry a backup MLB (Maualuga would slide over obviously).

A ton of depth for us now which is nice to have for once, especially on defense.

The thing with Quan is he was a great blocker on KR's and we were SECOND in the league in yards/PR. I honestly don't think you mess with that. Plus, he can play as a WR as well, I just don't see how he could be cut nor do I see how you can replace him as PR. He was just too steady.

I'm a big fan of Quan as PR and Shipley as KR. We were missing a steady KR and Shipley could fill that void. I like Scott in that spot but have injury concerns with him given he's basically our only backup RB as Leonard is only a 3rd down back (and a great one at that).

Happy about the direction of the team. They addressed some immediate needs (pass rush, WR, TE) and some future needs (OL, TE, CB) with a nice mix of immediate production guys and high ceiling guys.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

I'm a fan of Quan too, but competition brings the best out in people. And if both are on the roster then we should be good
Old 04-25-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, I think y'all are going to really like Shipley and Muckelroy.

Muckelroy is a good football player.

I think y'all know that your getting a good WR in Shipley.

I really like the Gresham, Dunlap, Ghee, and Atkins picks as well.

A+ draft in my opinion.

I'll be rooting for y'all next season with all the Texas players y'all have on your roster-except if the Bengals get matched up against the Texans in the playoffs next season.

Last edited by Texas Homer : 04-30-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Texas Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
Hey guys, I think y'all are going to really like Shipley and Muckelroy.

This is just my opinion, but I think with some time in the weight room Muckelroy is going to be a really good LB. He was a really good tackler for Texas. I'm not trying to knock him by saying that he needs to spend time in the weight room(Muck had a serious finger injury that prevented him from working out for an extended time early in his career.).I'm just saying if he hits the weights hard, y'all are going to be REALLY HAPPY with Muck. Just my opinion.

I think y'all know that your getting a good WR in Shipley.

I really like the Gresham, Dunlap, Ghee, and Atkins picks as well.

A+ draft in my opinion.

I'll be rooting for y'all next season with all the Texas players y'all have on your roster-except if the Bengals get matched up against the Texans in the playoffs next season.
I have only head positive things of Muckelroy, doesn't seem he was ever the flashy player on Texas but always around the ball, hence him leading the team in tackles. Hopefully he pans out and can contribute to our team so LB won't need to be addressed in the high rounds for a couple years.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
I have only head positive things of Muckelroy, doesn't seem he was ever the flashy player on Texas but always around the ball, hence him leading the team in tackles. Hopefully he pans out and can contribute to our team so LB won't need to be addressed in the high rounds for a couple years.
Yeah, me too. Not flashy, but hits hard and a sure tackler (imo). I really like the pick.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Thoughts on not getting a S in the draft?????

My only thought of it is that next year it will be a round 1 or round 2 priority to get a top tier safety. There are a few studs that should be coming out like that guy from UCLA
Old 04-26-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasnt overly surprised.
Remember when we HAD to take a tight end a few years ago?

I just think that we were unfortunate enough that value didnt coincide with need during the draft for S.

When you evaluate what we drafted and when, I think we got value + need and that is why we didnt go S. Im sure if some of the S fell to us in the right we would have but I cannot argue against what we did pick in favor of a reach at S.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-26-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
I wasnt overly surprised.
Remember when we HAD to take a tight end a few years ago?

I just think that we were unfortunate enough that value didnt coincide with need during the draft for S.

When you evaluate what we drafted and when, I think we got value + need and that is why we didnt go S. Im sure if some of the S fell to us in the right we would have but I cannot argue against what we did pick in favor of a reach at S.
True, but you can tell after Berry and Thomas were gone they wanted to get Taylor Mays but the Rams wanted to much to move up to the 33rd pick.

So they know Safety is still a need but are willing to address it next year. I totally agree with all the most of the picks we made were for a + value and thats how good teams draft.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

I possibly see it being addressed with another vet in FA next year or this (Darren Sharper!)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-26-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About the only safetys out there that are still left that would make a impact would be either Sharper or Ken Hamlin.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
HR24
Rookie

HR24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I see it as the onus is on JJ, Leon, Trent, and now Ghee to hold coverage with what minimal coverage assistance that Crocker, Williams, and Ndukwe can provide until the front 7 gets to the QB. If we are somewhat lacking in the back end, juice up the front 7 and reduce the amount of time spent in coverage and pray our guys get there. Just my opinion.
HR24 is offline   Reply With Quote