Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Trent Cole is a 9-14 kind of guy, he has gotten 34 sacks in the past three seasons and has hit 12.5 sacks twice while consistently rating as one of the highest defensive ends in hurries and QB hits. His numbers might even go up now that he has a potential impact pass rusher opposite him.
But he's, like, not 6'6", 280 pounds. There's no way he could be good at football.

Quote:
You also have an INCREDIBLE bias. You've seen a lot of him, but what do you remember? You remember the good because he was a bright spot on a very bleak defense.
I remember me not really buying into the Brandon Graham hype before his junior year because he was a one-dimensional player who didn't hold up well against the run. I remember when Brandon Graham almost became a defensive tackle because he was a lazy ****. I remember Brandon Graham not being able to make it past three plays in a row because he was almost 290 pounds in the Capital One Bowl against Florida. I remember being pissed that Graham ate his ass to the defensive line because he was a five-star recruit at MLB, the biggest position of need for the Wolverines at the time (actually, still is.) I remember thinking that he was going to be a bust after his freshman year because I didn't think he'd be able to make an impact at DE in such a short time span. Yep, you're right. You know everything about me and what I think.

Quote:
Brandon Graham showed up well in big games. He played well against good players, but there are reasons myself and scouts say things like "limited athletically" and "limited upside".
He showed up well in every game.

Quote:
Gabe Carimi = "2009: Started all 13 games at left tackle" via Wisconsin athletic site
Mea culpa. So instead, he beat "Insert Badass Wisconsin OT of the future here".
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,084
Reputation: 1407841
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
You also have an INCREDIBLE bias. You've seen a lot of him, but what do you remember? You remember the good because he was a bright spot on a very bleak defense.

Brandon Graham showed up well in big games. He played well against good players, but there are reasons myself and scouts say things like "limited athletically" and "limited upside".

Gabe Carimi = "2009: Started all 13 games at left tackle" via Wisconsin athletic site
Sniper may be incredibly biased in terms of Michigan, but he doesn't let it effect him when talking about players. How many Michigan players have we heard Sniper say will suck in the NFL? A lot. (How bout that Obi Ezeh Sniper, haha). What I'm saying is yes, he's a fan of the team, but he isn't afraid to tell the truth about the players either.

I'm a PSU fan and I've been a Graham fan for a long time. Also, wasn't there a time when you were a huge Graham fan as well?
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,084
Reputation: 1407841
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
But he's, like, not 6'6", 280 pounds. There's no way he could be good at football.



I remember me not really buying into the Brandon Graham hype before his junior year because he was a one-dimensional player who didn't hold up well against the run. I remember when Brandon Graham almost became a defensive tackle because he was a lazy ****. I remember Brandon Graham not being able to make it past three plays in a row because he was almost 290 pounds in the Capital One Bowl against Florida. I remember being pissed that Graham ate his ass to the defensive line because he was a five-star recruit at MLB, the biggest position of need for the Wolverines at the time (actually, still is.) I remember thinking that he was going to be a bust after his freshman year because I didn't think he'd be able to make an impact at DE in such a short time span. Yep, you're right. You know everything about me and what I think.



He showed up well in every game.



Mea culpa. So instead, he beat "Insert Badass Wisconsin OT of the future here".
Graham moved around a lot on Michigan's DL, you very well may remember him blasting Carimi, because I remember a few plays where Graham got the best of him.
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: earth
Posts: 13,856
Reputation: 1048817
brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Trent Cole is a 9-14 kind of guy, he has gotten 34 sacks in the past three seasons and has hit 12.5 sacks twice while consistently rating as one of the highest defensive ends in hurries and QB hits. His numbers might even go up now that he has a potential impact pass rusher opposite him.
how can he be a 14 sack guy? if he hasnt hit 14. he is a kind of a double digit sack guy, he did have one year of 9. And no you can't just give that one other sack to him, else why not just do it for everyone.

I don't like bunching stats like that either unless a player has been doing it consistently, if he had 8, 12.5, 10, 12.5 then i wouldn't mind. But bunching stats like that isn't always a good indicator of how consistent a player is, I know he is very good. Hell then Cro three year line sounds pretty good 15 ints in three years.
__________________
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Sniper may be incredibly biased in terms of Michigan, but he doesn't let it effect him when talking about players. How many Michigan players have we heard Sniper say will suck in the NFL? A lot. (How bout that Obi Ezeh Sniper, haha).
Not even playin', EATW. Don't ever bring up that scrub until he does something useful.

Quote:
I'm a PSU fan and I've been a Graham fan for a long time. Also, wasn't there a time when you were a huge Graham fan as well?
Can't be. He's not 6'7", 290 pounds like the amazing Carlos Dunlap. Measurables always determine who the better player is.

Isn't it kind of funny that Graham is six inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter than Dunlap yet is much better at every facet of the game?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: earth
Posts: 13,856
Reputation: 1048817
brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
But he's, like, not 6'6", 280 pounds. There's no way he could be good at football.



I remember me not really buying into the Brandon Graham hype before his junior year because he was a one-dimensional player who didn't hold up well against the run. I remember when Brandon Graham almost became a defensive tackle because he was a lazy ****. I remember Brandon Graham not being able to make it past three plays in a row because he was almost 290 pounds in the Capital One Bowl against Florida. I remember being pissed that Graham ate his ass to the defensive line because he was a five-star recruit at MLB, the biggest position of need for the Wolverines at the time (actually, still is.) I remember thinking that he was going to be a bust after his freshman year because I didn't think he'd be able to make an impact at DE in such a short time span. Yep, you're right. You know everything about me and what I think.



He showed up well in every game.



Mea culpa. So instead, he beat "Insert Badass Wisconsin OT of the future here".
I thought Graham volunteered to play DT? I read that he wanted to do whatever it took to see the field so he played DT when they were thin there. Didn't he also play ST just so he could get on the feild?
__________________
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,084
Reputation: 1407841
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
how can he be a 14 sack guy? if he hasnt hit 14. he is a kind of a double digit sack guy, he did have one year of 9. And no you can't just give that one other sack to him, else why not just do it for everyone.

I don't like bunching stats like that either unless a player has been doing it consistently, if he had 8, 12.5, 10, 12.5 then i wouldn't mind. But bunching stats like that isn't always a good indicator of how consistent a player is, I know he is very good. Hell then Cro three year line sounds pretty good 15 ints in three years.
He can be a 14 sack guy because he had two years where he was 1.5 sacks away. It definitely isn't out of the realm of possibilites at all. And when you consider how many sacks he shared (probably at least 3) he could already have 14. He isn't far away from it, and I think in the future we should expect 10-14 sacks out of Cole per season.
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,084
Reputation: 1407841
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Not even playin', EATW. Don't ever bring up that scrub until he does something useful.


Can't be. He's not 6'7", 290 pounds like the amazing Carlos Dunlap. Measurables always determine who the better player is.

Isn't it kind of funny that Graham is six inches shorter and 20 pounds lighter than Dunlap yet is much better at every facet of the game?
See superman? lol

I love that Graham is able to do what he is, as a shorter person myself, I root for shorter guys. Its a result of the hard work.
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I thought Graham volunteered to play DT? I read that he wanted to do whatever it took to see the field so he played DT when they were thin there. Didn't he also play ST just so he could get on the feild?
No. Here's what happened. Graham came to Michigan at about 290ish. In the words of major UM bust DT Terrance Taylor, "you're one Reese's Piece away from playing tackle." Graham shed some of the weight but was still a big dude. He went to DE so he could play right away instead of cutting down to the low 250s.

ST, I don't know. Maybe RR put him out there to add sex to the special teams. Two blocked punts and returned another for a TD.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,588
Reputation: 20311
superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
But he's, like, not 6'6", 280 pounds. There's no way he could be good at football.
Not my argument. I've already said numerous times he is a very good football player.


I remember me not really buying into the Brandon Graham hype before his junior year because he was a one-dimensional player who didn't hold up well against the run. I remember when Brandon Graham almost became a defensive tackle because he was a lazy ****. I remember Brandon Graham not being able to make it past three plays in a row because he was almost 290 pounds in the Capital One Bowl against Florida. I remember being pissed that Graham ate his ass to the defensive line because he was a five-star recruit at MLB, the biggest position of need for the Wolverines at the time (actually, still is.) I remember thinking that he was going to be a bust after his freshman year because I didn't think he'd be able to make an impact at DE in such a short time span. Yep, you're right. You know everything about me and what I think.
I understand you know his history and what he has done for Michigan. I also know that he went through a lot during his time at Michigan, but you have an infatuation with the Brandon Graham that we know now.


He showed up well in every game.
I dont particularly remember him doing anything in the Notre Dame game, but then again I was amazed Michigan found some offense.


Mea culpa. So instead, he beat "Insert Badass Wisconsin OT of the future here".
Why do people here think I'm trying to knock the guy down? I just dont think he is going to be as productive of an NFL player as you guys think he will.

Edit: Do you guys expect me to say "there is nothing wrong with his game, but he is only going to be a 6-10 sack a year for his career kind of guy"?

Doube Edit: His flaws are not as bad as I might make them sound, but thats only because I'm magnifying them by pointing them out

Last edited by superman8456 : 04-28-2010 at 10:11 PM.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 334
Reputation: 3821
camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
but what do you remember? You remember the good because he was a bright spot on a very bleak defense.
did you just question Snipers Fanhood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Bvk70VsI4
__________________

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,084
Reputation: 1407841
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Why do people here think I'm trying to knock the guy down? I just dont think he is going to be as productive of an NFL player as you guys think he will.

Edit: Do you guys expect me to say "there is nothing wrong with his game, but he is only going to be a 6-10 sack a year for his career kind of guy"?

Doube Edit: His flaws are not as bad as I might make them sound, but thats only because I'm magnifying them by pointing them out
It comes off as you are knocking him down, even if you don't mean it. You say he is limitted athletically, but he put up similar numbers athletically at the combine as any of the other top DEs, including the physical freaks. And on top of that, his production, facing competition as good or better than the other top DEs, is better than the other top DEs. His upside isn't limitted because of his size or athletecism, he has plenty of that, as well as the drive and motor to be successful.
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
I dont particularly remember him doing anything in the Notre Dame game, but then again I was amazed Michigan found some offense.
When he wasn't being blatantly held by ND's offensive line, Graham lived in ND's backfield. wicket, arguably the biggest Domer fan on this site, will agree.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.