Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2010, 03:27 AM    (permalink
colfanmat14
Rookie

colfanmat14 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.colfanmat14 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Potential for "Suh-like" impact?

Now that the 2009 season and its requisite draft are over, it is clear that N. Suh had the largest overall impact of any single player. I say this because he undeniably revolutionized, or at least had a huge impact on the way we look at college football. Defensive line has become the new "glamour" position of sorts, popularized more so than has the position since perhaps Lawrence Taylor.

When one thinks of the 2009 season, or more particularly a player from the 2009 season, one is probably remembering the force that was Ndamukong Suh.

Thusly, I think its fair to add Suh to the list of college football players that not only made the All-American teams, owned the stat sheets, and grabbed headlines, but who went so far as to completely change the way we view his position, and therefore, the game itself.

Who else qualifies for such an honor? In the past 10 years, only a few names come to mind as definites : QB Vince Young, and APB Reggie Bush.

Here's the actual point of this post: Which current CFB players (meaning classes 2011- 2014) do you think have a shot at replicating, or at least coming close to replicating the type of effect N. Suh had upon the game with this past season?

I'm not asking for only those players you think will be All-Century performers or anything, just guys you can see becoming legitimately among the recent best at what they do.

I'll throw one out there:

DE Robert Quinn, North Carolina
colfanmat14 is offline   Reply With Quote