Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-23-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Xio ... Jahvid Best is going to special.

About Minnesota ... I bet they take Clausen. Another young hot shot QB to defend in the division. We get a RB thanks to Minnesota, they get their post Favre QB thanks to Detroit. I'm cool with that exchange.

Overall I liked Detroit's day 1. I liked the aggresive moves & pin pointed players taken, our offense is stacked now. Pettigrew & Scheffler CJ & Best & Stafford ... very nice pieces. (I think you agree, just you would have liked to gamble & stay put to see if a trade could have gotten us more picks)
Thats my fear. Clausen in the 2nd round? Talk about a steal. I still think he is the best QB in the draft and if he is groomed in Minnesota with their offense, he could have a great chance to succeed. Talk about a post-Favre plan.

Stafford, Cutler, Rodgers, Clausen as divisional QBs? Wow.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Vikings wanted one of those two (Clausen/McCoy) and don't care which one it is. Which is why they were so comfortable moving down from that spot. If Buffalo moves upto grab one they can still get the other one. no harm no foul.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 excellent picks but Best performance will rely on him being healthy. If he's completely healthy, he'll likely be a steal so the trade up was worth it. He'll open up the passing lanes for Detroit's other WR's simular to the way New Orleans uses Reggie Bush.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
2 excellent picks but Best performance will rely on him being healthy. If he's completely healthy, he'll likely be a steal so the trade up was worth it. He'll open up the passing lanes for Detroit's other WR's simular to the way New Orleans uses Reggie Bush.
Where have you been, IAC?

Thoughts on round 3 and 4?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm hoping Buffalo drafts an offensive tackle sometime this decade.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Are there any players that would warrant us wanting to trade up from our 3rd?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a guy that I'd want enough to move a future 2nd/3rd...Does anybody have somebody in their mind that they think would warrant such a move?

I could still see us moving down in the 3rd and picking up an extra 4th/5th.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
Are there any players that would warrant us wanting to trade up from our 3rd?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a guy that I'd want enough to move a future 2nd/3rd...Does anybody have somebody in their mind that they think would warrant such a move?

I could still see us moving down in the 3rd and picking up an extra 4th/5th.
We don't know til we get closer to the middle of the 2nd round. We can't really justify moving too high. Can't sacrifice that 4th rounder. Mayhew needs to be able to draft two more players who have a chance to be regular players for us. He hit on a lot of picks last year, but we don't have a 5th or 6th to play with this year.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bruce campbell in the mid 2nd would be a guy that i would trade up for

while we are at it, throw in everson griffen, taylor mays, and i wouldn't complain if we grabbed dunlap.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-23-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
bruce campbell in the mid 2nd would be a guy that i would trade up for

while we are at it, throw in everson griffen, taylor mays, and i wouldn't complain if we grabbed dunlap.
I didn't mention him earlier because I think he'll be gone by 41, but I'd honestly think about moving up from our 3rd for Rodger Saffold...thats a guy that could play at 4 positions and could really shake up our OLine makeup. Maybe something like our 3rd and 2011 2nd for #45 and a 4th.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I want defense and defense only in rounds 3 and 4.

Pick two: LB, S, CB
Old 04-23-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

navorro bowman and myron rolle

would love a corner but bowman could be special plus i don't see julian here for beyond next season. he'll be 32 years old in july.

peterson's contract: 2010 7.5M 2011 8M 2012 8.5M

i love the myron rolle story and want to see him help provide an example for youth in detroit. plus maybe ford can use him in his other business.

again, if ghee or cook, maybe franks is there then i'd like corner, but bowman is the value.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-23-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
nmb1114
Rookie

nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nmb1114 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
navorro bowman and myron rolle

would love a corner but bowman could be special plus i don't see julian here for beyond next season. he'll be 32 years old in july.

peterson's contract: 2010 7.5M 2011 8M 2012 8.5M

i love the myron rolle story and want to see him help provide an example for youth in detroit. plus maybe ford can use him in his other business.

again, if ghee or cook, maybe franks is there then i'd like corner, but bowman is the value.
I dunno about Rolle, it would be a great story, but a year being out of football, who knows how he'll play, plus we got a guy like that right now in Campbell
nmb1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Where have you been, IAC?

Thoughts on round 3 and 4?
Been pretty sick, just getting old and now have to limit my time on the computer because sitting isn't healthy for me any longer so I'm playing golf a lot and swimming.

Drafting a CB seems like the right idea and I guess Schwartz must want press corners or he's thinking of switching him to FS.
As for round 4, another CB won't be bad or a Safety whoever is highest on our board. An OLB is a definite need with Sims moving on.
I think Mayhew will stick with his board and let the cards fall wherever they take him.
I like the idea of Rolle if he is available.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Been pretty sick, just getting old and now have to limit my time on the computer because sitting isn't healthy for me any longer so I'm playing golf a lot and swimming.

Drafting a CB seems like the right idea and I guess Schwartz must want press corners or he's thinking of switching him to FS.
As for round 4, another CB won't be bad or a Safety whoever is highest on our board. An OLB is a definite need with Sims moving on.
I think Mayhew will stick with his board and let the cards fall wherever they take him.
I like the idea of Rolle if he is available.
wow.. man that sucks. Will you be okay?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2...mari-spievey-a

Solid read on Amari Spievey. He looks like a mean guy, too.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2...mari-spievey-a

Solid read on Amari Spievey. He looks like a mean guy, too.

looks like someone got his head stuck between elevator doors as a baby...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
looks like someone got his head stuck between elevator doors as a baby...
And now he wants to punish the rest of the world because of it.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote