Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: BEST QB IN NFC EAST?
Tony Romo, Cowboys 22 42.31%
Kevin Kolb, Eagles 0 0%
Eli Manning, Giants 22 42.31%
Donovan Mcnabb, Redskins 8 15.38%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010- Best QB in NFC East

Time to start some new threads for this season's discussion, and new polls.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning right now, last season he was brilliant at some points last year even though he was injured for a long time.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went Romo because I feel like when he's on his game especially with accuracy, he is one of the top QB's in the league.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No homer, as of right now it has to be Eli Manning. Last year he carried our team while having injuries in both his legs, 27 TDs and 14 INTs with a 63% completion percentage those numbers are Brady-esque pre 50 TD season. Not to mention our O-line took a huge step back, if Beatty plays great and Eli is 100% healthy I am loving him with Nicks, Manningham and Smith.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well for the all the other polls. I went with NON giants players, but for this I am going with Eli. He had a career year last season while being hurt in the middle stretch. He had an unproven WR corps, and NO running game since everyone was hurt, and still managed to have a career year. So I am going with him!

So thus far:

D. Jackson
Felix Jones
Eli Manning

Awaiting the next poll now.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This ones pretty close to me. Despite Austin's "breakout" season, Boys had just as many questions as the Giants receiver wise, after releasing TO, everyone wondered how great would Romo & Co. be. Everyone spelled doom and gloom, yet and still, Romo had a career year, proved Austin to be a #1, even with a subpar #2(Roy).

I dunno on this one. Romo?
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No doubt in my mind, I would take Donovan McNabb ten times out of ten.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli and Romo are 1a and 1b IMO with McNabb clearly in third and Kolb last for now. It's incredible the step Eli has taken since that superbowl, this is truly his team and the only reason we weren't picking in the top 10 or even higher was eli, with the worst D i've seen from my gmen, a mediocre running game, banged up and old OL and very young inconsistent receivers Eli not only carried us to 8 wins but put up some serious displays of beastness. I do like Romo a lot as well and he's probably a better regular season QB while Eli is the better late game/playoff QB.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually surprised by the poll...then again, Romo rarely gets credit. I'd figure cutting the turnovers out of his game, would be enough to make him a clear favorite. Romo still bests Eli in nearly every category, with terribly inconsistent pass blocking and a useless #2 WR. Eli's good, but he's not on Romo's level, imo. Romo is borderline top 5, and can certainly be in that top 5. Eli's more of a top 10 guy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm actually surprised by the poll...then again, Romo rarely gets credit. I'd figure cutting the turnovers out of his game, would be enough to make him a clear favorite. Romo still bests Eli in nearly every category, with terribly inconsistent pass blocking and a useless #2 WR. Eli's good, but he's not on Romo's level, imo. Romo is borderline top 5, and can certainly be in that top 5. Eli's more of a top 10 guy.
And what? We had an amazing OL? Our OL dropped off in pass protecting and run blocking. And I don't want to hear about a useless # 2. We lost our X AND our Z WR.

Eli had his best season and we are not in a passing offense or have a great OC in Coach G money. I'd take Eli any day and twice on monday. Give us your system, and it would be no contest. The fact that hurts us is our useless system. Hopefully we can throw like we did last year, but because we want to, not because we have to.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
And what? We had an amazing OL? Our OL dropped off in pass protecting and run blocking. And I don't want to hear about a useless # 2. We lost our X AND our Z WR.

Eli had his best season and we are not in a passing offense or have a great OC in Coach G money. I'd take Eli any day and twice on monday. Give us your system, and it would be no contest. The fact that hurts us is our useless system. Hopefully we can throw like we did last year, but because we want to, not because we have to.
Eli doesnt do much of anything better than Romo. Romo's more accurate, one of the league's best athletes at the position and incredibly evasive in and out of the pocket. His decision making has improved tenfold, and while he remains true to his playmaking or gunslinger self, his ball protection was fantastic. Player to player...system or not, I def. see Romo having more talent all around as a player. As for losing players...the Giants have a fine stable of weapons, so I dont see your point. Smith was healthy the entire year and Nicks and Manningham, who are both better than Williams at this point, did a fine job. Romo was basically throwing to two new starters as well in Williams and Austin. Williams/Romo were still green together and Austin didnt start until the Chiefs game, a few weeks in. Romo did his fair share of carrying this team, all while getting hit more this season than ever before with our line, who was every bit as bad in pass protection.

Romo has gotten a horrible rap for not being a late season QB. But people always fail to mention that our giant O-Line has always broken down considerably late in the season. That playoff game against the Vikings, was pretty much the standard performance out of our o-line the last few years at the end of the year. But Romo certainly made due this year, stepping up his game and finishing off the season incredibly strong. Who knows if Romo will continue to keep the turnovers down...but as of right now, he's elevated his game to a point where I think it's no question, that he is the best QB in the division.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-03-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who knows if Romo will continue to keep the turnovers down...but as of right now, he's elevated his game to a point where I think it's no question, that he is the best QB in the division.
Agreed.

One thing I know about Giants fans, are they love and will defend Eli no matter what. While Eagles fans hate they're QB who's dominated a division for a decade. A superbowl victory does wonders sometimes. All stats go out the window once that ring is worn apparently.

Which is fine. One of those things that can't really be argued.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.

Went with Eli, although Romo is up there. They are so close, it will be exciting to see what they do this season.

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!
LetsGoGiants! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its hard to say considering Romo wasn't given a decent starting receiver until week 5 (miles austin). Call me biased, but i pick Eli. It could be my hate for Romo, but i am not a Eli fan. I trade him away in madden to start off lol. People generalize him soo much, and down him alot just off of team success/comparisons to Peyton/past media. Its incredibly unfair because he is nothing like Peyton, nor in a similar situation, he overcame a few years of mediocrity, and our defense has not been incredible. Even in our superbowl year, there were alot of disappointing performances (secondary was a **** hole). Just watch the 50th TD pass from TB to Randy Moss, Sam Madison got injured and James Butler....sucks incredibly.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Eli doesnt do much of anything better than Romo. Romo's more accurate, one of the league's best athletes at the position and incredibly evasive in and out of the pocket. His decision making has improved tenfold, and while he remains true to his playmaking or gunslinger self, his ball protection was fantastic. Player to player...system or not, I def. see Romo having more talent all around as a player. As for losing players...the Giants have a fine stable of weapons, so I dont see your point. Smith was healthy the entire year and Nicks and Manningham, who are both better than Williams at this point, did a fine job. Romo was basically throwing to two new starters as well in Williams and Austin. Williams/Romo were still green together and Austin didnt start until the Chiefs game, a few weeks in. Romo did his fair share of carrying this team, all while getting hit more this season than ever before with our line, who was every bit as bad in pass protection.

Romo has gotten a horrible rap for not being a late season QB. But people always fail to mention that our giant O-Line has always broken down considerably late in the season. That playoff game against the Vikings, was pretty much the standard performance out of our o-line the last few years at the end of the year. But Romo certainly made due this year, stepping up his game and finishing off the season incredibly strong. Who knows if Romo will continue to keep the turnovers down...but as of right now, he's elevated his game to a point where I think it's no question, that he is the best QB in the division.

Eli runs the offense much better than Romo can. He is given full latitude to do whatever he wants, and pick his plays out a bunch in the huddle. Eli is the offense.

We lost players, our X and Z Wrs.. You guys always had a X WR, who you traded for. Not our fault he didn't ban out. But at least now you guys quite possibly have an X and Z for the future in Austin and Bryant. I think Williams is right up there as a good WR. Now if he hasn't panned out for whatever reason and underachieved that's his business.

Remember we were all a band of un proven WRs, which Eli made better. This was the sole reason which Accorsi fell in love with Eli. He got a man crush from watching him do the same at ole miss. He made everyone around him better. Who knows if Nicks or Manningham is better, but Eli runs that offense to put his players in the best position to win. Kilbride isn't going to get a HCing job again. Coach Garrett is basically auditioning to be a HC. So you can bet he has the system on his shoulders, and he is the guy calling the plays. Hell, I got to coach with the guy, and he is VERY smart. We ran the same plays you guys run there in Dallas. Amazing plays, and very well drawn up. You can bet he is telling Romo these plays so both can work to do well. Romo gets his stats, and the credit goes to Coach G. so other teams notice. Eli does a lot more in our system, which is no where near as creative, as you guys run there in Dallas.

I think this argument from a non bias perspective will be like the debates we have with Steelers and Chargers fans about the 3 QBs. In the end, all 3 fans love their QB, and wouldn't change that pick. That's not including the mess Big Ben is in now. This was before that drama all arose.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You realize Romo pretty much has free reign over the offense at the line now, right? He was certainly one of the best in the league at making adjustments at the line. He's no Peyton, but his ability to make proper hot routes/audibles were top notch. He rarely made mistakes here.

I know you keep saying you lost your x and y...but the replacements played excellent football. Roy Williams dropped perfectly thrown passes. And Romo never seems to get enough credit for making those around him better. Romo can fit the ball in any window, some of these throws he's completing to Witten or Austin are just astouding. Factor in his ability to buy time in the pocket and his creativity. He's just getting better and better. And so is Eli, I dont deny that. But I dont think he's on Romo's level. It's weird because, Romo and Favre are getting even more alike, but now neither "gunslinger" turns the ball over. ha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-03-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
You realize Romo pretty much has free reign over the offense at the line now, right? He was certainly one of the best in the league at making adjustments at the line. He's no Peyton, but his ability to make proper hot routes/audibles were top notch. He rarely made mistakes here.

I know you keep saying you lost your x and y...but the replacements played excellent football. Roy Williams dropped perfectly thrown passes. And Romo never seems to get enough credit for making those around him better. Romo can fit the ball in any window, some of these throws he's completing to Witten or Austin are just astouding. Factor in his ability to buy time in the pocket and his creativity. He's just getting better and better. And so is Eli, I dont deny that. But I dont think he's on Romo's level. It's weird because, Romo and Favre are getting even more alike, but now neither "gunslinger" turns the ball over.

Yeah all QBs to a certain point step to the line and make a pre snap read. That's a given. And with your respective system the routes are tagged, so it makes thing easier. You can change 1 number and change a specific route, or give a hand signal. That i assumed would be the case having seen the terminology of your system.

Yeah we lost X and Y, but now in hindsight one can say they stepped up. Before these guys were very green. Eli was the guy who had to get these guys better, and put them in position to make plays. Eli does what Romo and all the other QBs do, but he now is in the mold of his brother with total control. He gets a bunch of plays in the huddle and picks his play. Then, like everyone else, can audible out of it. He basically is in position to do what Peyton does. So the fact he had a career year, with no running game, and basically a lack of experienced WRs is amazing. It's not like we had a pro bowl TE helping out either.

Romo will never get credit because of the team he plays for and the weapons he has, and the attention surrounding his players and coaches even. That's pretty much the reality of the situation. You have now a potential stud WR, an emerged WR, an elite TE, very good running back corps, and an elite OC. He is going to get credit but to a certain point. That again, is the reality of the situation.

I love Eli's ability to bring us back when we are done, and ability to keep an even personality. One example is when we played you in the playoffs at your place. I remember seeing Romo have a hissy fit, and screaming at his players. Looked like he was coming unhinged. One intangible is that Eli stays the same. He can shake it off quicker, and go back to his even personality. I love that about him, because I, myself am like that. I am usually the coach who stays leveled, and calms the others when they get all mad and emotional. So I can relate to that kind of intangible.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's be truthful here.

I really don't think anyone is "wrong" for picking Eli or Romo, there is nothing homer about going with either guy. But I also don't think it's as clear cut and dry with who you should go with. I guarantee you not one Giants fan would trade Eli for Romo and vice versa. A great argument can be made for either, but I don't think there is any "it has to be...." to this, Eli impressed me alot last year but him and Romo continue to get better.

I'm going to go with Romo though. Regular season he's been a far better QB and broken records Dallas QB's never have. Eli has a SB ring and a great run to success through the playoffs that year. I, unlike other people refuse to put all those playoff failures on Romo's shoulders though, and for all we know he could very well win 1 ring before Eli get's #2 so I'm not going to put too much on that.

No reason to get all upset over this one, I'm just more interested in who Skins and Eagles fans vote for. Romo and Eli both catch some hate they really don't deserve, but I can see legit arguments for ranking one above the other both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Let's be truthful here.

I really don't think anyone is "wrong" for picking Eli or Romo, there is nothing homer about going with either guy. But I also don't think it's as clear cut and dry with who you should go with. I guarantee you not one Giants fan would trade Eli for Romo and vice versa. A great argument can be made for either, but I don't think there is any "it has to be...." to this, Eli impressed me alot last year but him and Romo continue to get better.

I'm going to go with Romo though. Regular season he's been a far better QB and broken records Dallas QB's never have. Eli has a SB ring and a great run to success through the playoffs that year. I, unlike other people refuse to put all those playoff failures on Romo's shoulders though, and for all we know he could very well win 1 ring before Eli get's #2 so I'm not going to put too much on that.

No reason to get all upset over this one, I'm just more interested in who Skins and Eagles fans vote for. Romo and Eli both catch some hate they really don't deserve, but I can see legit arguments for ranking one above the other both ways.

Being a homer wasn't an issue with Moth and I. Moth and yourself are cool guys. I don't consider you guys homers by any stretch. If I felt you guys were, It would be pointless even debating. I am no homer, but in this case, seeing his growth as a QB in a complicated system, I can say, I prefer him for over Romo. Eli has grown in leaps and bounds since we drafted him. Hell, I had to defend him against not only division fans but a lot of our fan base too. So I think he is a special QB, and still will keep getting better.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised at the lack of love for McNabb. People bring up the argument that Eli played hurt most of the year, behind a beat up o-line and with a sub par running game but McNabb faced all of the same problems and still put up numbers that rival Eli's.

McNabb:
14 games, 3553 yards, 22 TDs, 10 INTs, 60.3 comp. %

Eli:
16 games, 4021 yards, 27 TDs, 14 INTs, 62.3 comp. %

Not as clear cut as people think.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For me it's Tony Romo followed closely by McNabb. Eli had a magical run through to the Super Bowl, but that was the exception not the rule with him and he's not on the same level as Tony or Donovan.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comparing stats isn't really fair. Eli left games early (Chiefs & Raiders) but that really shouldn't make a difference anyway.

The real thing is that Eli took the reigns of the offense after it being primarily run to set up the pass. He not only did this, but he also did this with Steve Smith, Mario Manningham, and Hakeem Nicks, who had like what? 2 starts combined (Mario barely played and Nicks was a rookie). Kevin Boss was taken away quite often by the defense because they knew the WR position was a weakness.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

The problem with that is that all of us fans can find cases to where our QB has won or taken over games. Romo's done it numerous times, so while Stats are misleading, it's really the only thing to backup any claims....

And stats wise, it's not even close...

Romo: 16 Games 4,483 Yards 26 TD's, 9 INTS(3 in the NY game), 63.1% Comp.

It's really a no brainer as far as the NFC east is concerned. He's nearly a top 5 QB in the entire league.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What Longhorns said is how I feel. They are both excellent QB's and one team would not trade him for the either. You can't go wrong with either but since I'm a Giants fan I voted Eli.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Kafka;).

For now, I still say McNabb. He still has all of his tools and has the intangibles that still puts him ahead of Romo and Eli for me. In a year or two, I thin McNabb may fall a bit, and Kolb could be in the conversation as well, if he does what I expect of him.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote