Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-27-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Free Agent Cornerbacks.

Baltimore desperately needs a veteran corner to help our secondary. Here's my top 5 guy's I think we should bring in for a workout. With Webb probably missing the first 4 games of the season, that means Washington, Foxworth, and Carr are still the guys with a ton of responsibility. None of those 3 are above average players.

1) Dre Bly - The most talented out of the group. He's lost a step in speed, but in zone coverage Bly has a great feel for reading the QB. Bly is a great competitor and I think he'd step in immediately as a nickle back. He's still got talent left in his tank, so watch out for Baltimore to make a move on him asap.

2) Lenny Walls - A 6'4 cornerback that led the Canadian league in picks last season. He'd be the tallest corner on the team which would make him an interesting project. I'd take a shot on Lenny because of his NFL experience, great size/speed combo and his playmaking ability. Baltimore needs a tall corner to match up with giant receivers, otherwise our little guys are going to get man handled.. again.

3) Mike Mickens - I liked this dude a lot coming out of Cincinnati, but since being in the pros he's bounced around a lot. He possessed solid speed, and a fantastic burst, but knee injuries have slowed him down. If healthy, Mickens is a young, physical, experienced, playmaking cornerback that I'd love to on the team.

4) DeAngelo Smith - Mickens former teammate at Cinci led the nation in picks in college. He's got great hands and he's a special teams ace, but he gambled too much, and wasn't athletic enough to cover big receivers in the pros. Still has some potential left.

5) Torrie Cox - Cox was often injured during his time in the NFL but that's not to say he didn't make plays. With constant knee injuries, his career is likely over but if he's back in shape he might be worth a 1 year deal.

Last edited by GoRavens : 04-27-2010 at 08:51 AM.
GoRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really don't think we have a "desperate" need at corner. Foxworth is an above average player (not a #1 though), and none of the guys on your list are better than Carr at this point. Lenny Walls? C'mon man, he's shown that he just sucks in the NFL. We actually had him in camp a season or two ago and he didn't make it very far.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I agree I think we either stick where we are or make a splash and go after a guy like Asamougha or however its spelled?! It would hurt to lose Gaither but I think we can make up for it by spelling LT; Flozell for 1 year maybe 2 and let Oher blast open running lanes for Rice and Draft a RT next year or see how Harewood progresses in camp this year and start him at RT next year...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We "need" a corner if for nothing else to keep Corey Ivy and Frank Walker off this team. Period, end of discussion of "need".

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
I agree I think we either stick where we are or make a splash and go after a guy like Asamougha or however its spelled?! It would hurt to lose Gaither but I think we can make up for it by spelling LT; Flozell for 1 year maybe 2 and let Oher blast open running lanes for Rice and Draft a RT next year or see how Harewood progresses in camp this year and start him at RT next year...
I really don't understand the reasoning behind those who think you can just plug in an OL and have them do well. It doesn't work that way, ESPECIALLY when you're doing that with a LT. FLozell wouldn't be anywhere near as effective at LT as Oher if we traded Gaither, and Cousins would get the nod at RT. At least our unit has had some experience with that setup.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other guys:

Fred Smoot, Will Allen, Ralph Brown, Nick Harper, Walt Harris, Anthony Henry, Ken Lucas, Deshea Townsend.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey, I was just watching NFL Network, and they mentioned Pacman Jones.

Ozzie and Co. have recently been giving guys with character concerns a second chance (Webb, Stallworth) and they were interested in guys like Mike Williams from Syracuse and Michael Vick.

Currently, Cincinnati is interested in him.(Pacman Jones)

IDK anything about if he wants to turn over a new leaf or if he just wants to play in the NFL again, but I think if he's willing to turn his life around, I think Ozzie will give him a chance.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Guys like Webb and Stallworth had issues that were one-time only things, Jones' were multiple times. I don't think he would add anything to the team and I definitely don't see the Ravens being interested in him.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, but talent-wise he has everything you look for. Just imagine, if we got him and Ray Ray and Ed set his head on straight. Him, Webb and Foxworth would be a nice group.

You do make a good point about how he is a multiple offender and we haven't really shown interest in guys who have repeatedly broken laws and **** up.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Physically he's what you look for, IDK about talent. IMO he doesn't have the instincts (at least he didn't in TEN, and I highly doubt he's developed any in his time out of the league) to be a good cover corner. Maybe in a zone scheme he would do well, but I'd rather have Washington in the slot over Pacman any day.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd surely welcome Pacman to the team.
The Ravens locker room would surely keep this kid on a real tight leash.
Skillwise: he's a pro bowl return man and a fiesty playmaking cornerback.
I'd surely take Webb and Pacman as our starters.
C'mon Ozzie! DO WORK!!
Old 05-02-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
C'mon Ozzie! DO WORK!!
I'd take the gamble for nothing else but to take a roster spot from Ivy or Walker, or just to move them down the depth chart.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
C'mon Ozzie! DO WORK!!
Yeah all that worked in Dallas

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:24 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just my opinion, Pacman isnt nearly good enough of a player to even want to deal with his problems

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:25 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Has anyone heard anything negative in the last few weeks leading up to the draft from Ozzie about Webb and Washington's knees? Last I read from Webb he was progressing well and should be ready for training camp and Washington was on a similar time table. Obviously we need an insurance plan with a veteran but I haven't heard anything to put us in a state of panic...
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:09 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
Has anyone heard anything negative in the last few weeks leading up to the draft from Ozzie about Webb and Washington's knees? Last I read from Webb he was progressing well and should be ready for training camp and Washington was on a similar time table. Obviously we need an insurance plan with a veteran but I haven't heard anything to put us in a state of panic...
All I've read is that they're both ahead of schedule in their rehab. I'm confident that Washington will be read to go by the start of the season, but Webb is the one I'm worried about because of the timing of his injury.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Even if they are ahead of schedule, isn't it pretty much guaranteed that they won't be ready by week 1?

So, Carr and Foxworth will be the likely starters the first 1-4 games. I'm definitely forgetting someone right?
Old 05-04-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Even if they are ahead of schedule, isn't it pretty much guaranteed that they won't be ready by week 1?

So, Carr and Foxworth will be the likely starters the first 1-4 games. I'm definitely forgetting someone right?
Where are you getting it's pretty much guaranteed they won't be ready? And no, you'e not forgetting someone. However, our first six games aren't against teams that we have to fear their passing attacks. They are the Jets, Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Broncos, and Patriots. Out of those six the Bengals are the team to worry about IMO, with the Patriots in second. The other four teams don't scare me much. The Jets will be without Holmes, and I don't really think any of their other receiving threats (Braylon possibly) will hurt us. There isn't much to say about the Browns and Broncos, especially the latter with the losses of Scheffler and Marshall. The Steelers will be without Roethlisberger and as we know they got rid of their best receiving weapon against us in the past couple of years in Holmes.

I don't think that both Webb and Washington will be on the PUP list to open the season (if either of them), so by the Patriots game we should be better. Not to mention what should be an improved pass-rush from our defense will help our secondary. I'm not really worried about the secondary. Partly because I have confidence that Washington and/or Webb will be ready to go by week one, and partly because there isn't much else the team can do now :).
Old 05-04-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Where are you getting it's pretty much guaranteed they won't be ready? And no, you'e not forgetting someone. However, our first six games aren't against teams that we have to fear their passing attacks. They are the Jets, Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Broncos, and Patriots. Out of those six the Bengals are the team to worry about IMO, with the Patriots in second. The other four teams don't scare me much. The Jets will be without Holmes, and I don't really think any of their other receiving threats (Braylon possibly) will hurt us. There isn't much to say about the Browns and Broncos, especially the latter with the losses of Scheffler and Marshall. The Steelers will be without Roethlisberger and as we know they got rid of their best receiving weapon against us in the past couple of years in Holmes.

I don't think that both Webb and Washington will be on the PUP list to open the season (if either of them), so by the Patriots game we should be better. Not to mention what should be an improved pass-rush from our defense will help our secondary. I'm not really worried about the secondary. Partly because I have confidence that Washington and/or Webb will be ready to go by week one, and partly because there isn't much else the team can do now :).
what I meant by that is that it is unrealistic that both will be be ready to play come week 1. They both tore there ACL's mid season so it should take em up until mid season of this year to fully recover, but I know little about injuries and recovery time so I'm probably wrong.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ken Lucas is a guy we have shown interest in in the past, I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring him in at some point. Not a bad player, just a cap casualty down in Carolina, became expendable when Marshall matured. I'd be alright with bringing him in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah, Lucas is Bly I'm down for. As long as Frank Walker isn't wearing a Ravens jersey, I'm fine.

I also wouldn't be opposed to us giving Mike Mickens a shot, I liked him coming out of college.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:15 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

So there's this baller, still unsigned from my knowledge, that I'd love Baltimore to grab.
1) Quintez Smith: 5'11 190, Shaw College. Super talented small school dude with great potential.The man led D2 in picks and pick yardage (9 picks, 4 TDs!!) He was an awesome playmaker and he's got good size for the NFL. If anyone has any news on this guy please let me know.

Last edited by GoRavens : 05-05-2010 at 09:19 AM.
GoRavens is offline   Reply With Quote