Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-27-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JEFFSTER!

Awesome episode, and I agree that this one was much more season 1/2 in tone then in keeping with the rest of season 3. Pretty excited to see what happens from here on out.

EDIT: Also, I am gunna have to agree with CCSD on Yvonne's dick taking ability. She was so ******* hot this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 04-27-2010 at 04:18 PM.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good episode. They should've left out the Ellie mad-at-Chuck-for-not-being-there-at-the-party angle, there was too much else happening and it felt very tacked on. Probably just a vehicle to get Jeffster into the episode.

I'm glad they're sticking with "Sarah" instead of "Sam". It's like that little revelation never happened.

Casey and Morgan make a funny pairing. I think they'll take Morgan in a technician direction. He'll never be a field agent, but he's obviously useful for surveillance and techie stuff.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my favorite episodes to be honest. It really did feel like an episode from season 1 or 2.. great action, great comedy (Jeffster sighting! see the sig!) and the new combo of Casey and Morgan is too funny. They could do a lot with that. Also, I love the Chuck/Sarah relationship now, even more than I did before. It's a great dynamic.

One of my favorite songs too:

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feelin.. good

ps It isn't easy for someone to be both unbelievably gorgeous AND cute at the same time but Yvonne pulls it off perfectly.

edit: The punk rocker guy on the train that they steal the handcuffs from was Yvonnes real life boyfriend. Was posted somewhere in the Sepinwall blog.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 04-28-2010 at 01:47 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
One of my favorite episodes, to be honest. It really did feel like an episode from season 1 or 2.. great action, great comedy (Jeffster sighting! see the sig!) and the new combo of Casey and Morgan is too funny. They could do a lot with that. Also, I love the Chuck/Sarah relationship now, even more than I did before. It's a great dynamic.

One of my favorite songs too:

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feelin.. good

ps It isn't easy for someone to be both unbelievably gorgeous AND cute at the same time but Yvonne pulls it off perfectly.

edit: The punk rocker guy on the train that they steal the handcuffs from was the luckiest guy in the whole ******* world. Was posted somewhere in the Sepinwall blog.
Fixed that for you.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:48 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Approved change, sir.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:34 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The next season already started? My mom tivo's Chuck and I have to say I am a fan now.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:52 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
JEFFSTER!

Awesome episode, and I agree that this one was much more season 1/2 in tone then in keeping with the rest of season 3. Pretty excited to see what happens from here on out.

EDIT: Also, I am gunna have to agree with CCSD on Yvonne's dick taking ability. She was so ******* hot this week.
I have to agree. I thought Yvonne was attractive but damn. This week she made me want to jump through my screen and pull a Roethlisberger.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good episode. They should've left out the Ellie mad-at-Chuck-for-not-being-there-at-the-party angle, there was too much else happening and it felt very tacked on. Probably just a vehicle to get Jeffster into the episode.
Think there was that part and also that it was a way to get rid of those two characters. Seems that way anyway, hopefully they somehow get dragged back in as I think the dynamic is important to the overall show.

Quote:
Casey and Morgan make a funny pairing. I think they'll take Morgan in a technician direction. He'll never be a field agent, but he's obviously useful for surveillance and techie stuff.
I think what made this feel like a season 1+2 episode was having the clueless agent out in the field. Now that Chuck is basically super awesome they are dragging Morgan out there so they still have the goofy screw things up guy. Also love the Morgan and Casey combo.

Great episode in my book, needed to happen and I like how they went with it. Also, I loled at Beckman at the end.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need to do more Jeffster unpluged.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If Jeffster released a CD I would definitely buy it.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

New episode tonight omgz.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Great episode. Another one like seasons 1 and 2.. lighthearted and funny without a bunch of depressing stuff.

Chuck and Sarah living together = <3.

Captain Awesome being sick = </3.

Hope it pulled a 2.1 or higher.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another good episode, really love the way they are bringing back the tone of seasons 1/2 and then still focusing on the evolution of the characters. Also, how ******* good did Yvonne look tonight? I swear shes getting hotter every week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm, so is the guy messing with Devon part of the ring or something? We'll find out soon I guess.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He had a ring phone so I'm going to go with yes. :)

Chuck fell to 1.9 in the demo again, tying a series low and was up against brand new shows across the board. Argh. It sucks watching this show tank on Monday night.

Deadline.com was reporting that it looked "better than last year" for a pick up, but at 1.9 it'd be hard to justify it.

:(

Old 05-04-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This show better not die. We need Ellie to step in and save it. Stat! Show us your boobs!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The problem is (imo) the timeslot. You can't expect a show like Chuck to compete in the Monday at 8/7c timeslot. It's the most competitive in television, especially after DWTS comes back.

I have no idea what is going to happen now. I was feeling good a few days ago but if you're looking for a positive spin you can try this: up against all new episodes it maintains between 1.9 and 2.1. It just isn't mainstream enough for the timeslot it's slated in.

I did read a rumor about a spy night on NBC and it being moved to Wednesday to pair with up "Undercovers" but I'm not sure how NBC would justify that with a 1.9 again. Meh.

edit: After looking at all the demos, the 1.9 Chuck got was the highest rated show for NBC for the night. NBC sucks so bad.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:54 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am such a different Chuck fan than you guys. I thought the latest episode sucked. Horrible writing.

- Sarah was uncharacteristically bitchy and not in-character at all. If I were her I'd be pissed at the writer(s) for this one.
- Chuck was stiff and boring
- Casey and Morgan showed promise but they could've been so much more. I'd like to see Casey go full-bore on training Morgan, not some lame-ass Buy More training
- The general was unrealistically skeptical of the report that the veteran spy couple had gone rogue. Annoying and not believable.
- The guest star married spies were not entertaining characters at all, nor were they believable as spies even in the light-hearted "early" Chuck world that we're being forced to go back to. And there's no way Sarah at the very least should've just let them get off with no consequences.

I liked the darker direction the show was taking. There were parts of this last ep that were uncomfortable to watch. I'm guessing others agreed and that would partially account for the 1.9 rating. I agree NBC needs to get Chuck out of the Monday night slot and give the Spy Night Wednesday thing a try.

I was thrown off by Awesome and Ellie in Africa, I thought that was supposed to be a device to get them off the show for a while so they could save money. I did not expect the Ring operative in Africa. I wonder where this is going. IMO it and a couple tiger scenes were the only good parts of the episode.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

From what I'm reading, everything except Castle was down across the board because of the NBA/NHL playoffs? I guess the NBA playoffs brought in over 5 million viewers so the 1.9 isn't exactly life threatening.

I didn't think the episode was bad at all. I loved the guest stars personally. I don't need a bunch of stuff going on to enjoy a Chuck episode. I don't mind lighthearted "filler" episodes at all. A lot of season one and two were just that, funny and fun without any of the darker elements.

Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Chuck a lot, but I have to agree that this wasn't one of the better episodes. I agree with most of killswitches bullet points, but not the stuff after it. I didn't really like Awesome and Ellie being in Africa, especially for only one episode, all the scenes with them just seemed silly and rushed. It wasn't a terrible episode, but it wasn't one of the better ones.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Article I saw on Yahoo that had a list of the major shows had Chuck in the "Looking Good for Renewal" section which is the highest a show can get besides already being renewed.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Tune in tonight for an all new episode! :D

Also, some links that I found interesting on the prospects of Chuck being renewed:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/05/10...-nothing/50907

Full interview can be found here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i51f95541d351a9e92a8a6955e250b806?utm_source=fee dburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2 Ftelevision+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Television)&utm_content=Google+Reader

As someone on the TVBN site said, she opened the door for Chuck. The interviewer didn't mention Chuck, she did. Why would you bring up a show in an interview that you plan on canceling?

Michael Ausiello, TV rumor guy:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/...ckup-season-4/

Just thought these were interesting.

As always, try to read these objectively. No one knows what is going to happen yet, but it's still "looking good" as far as I can tell. :)

Old 05-10-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

This will be the first time I've watched live in some time. I've forgotten what time it even comes on. 8 et, right?
Old 05-10-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Anna Woo! So hot. Want to touch the heiney.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

This is one of my favorite episodes to date. I think they did the dream sequences really well and I had fun the entire episode.

A few things I didn't like:

I'm sick of the character that Ellie has become. She's annoying and shrill most of the time and she never used to be. I hope the writers have something in store for her that isn't "disapproving big sister" for the next few episodes.

I really hope Shaw is dead dead and not alive somehow, but if he were to come back as some sort of super villain, I could see it working.

Those things aside, I loved the episode and I loved that Sarah finally told Chuck she loved him. A lot of the shippers were getting antsy over the fact that she had never said "those three words" and tonight she did, twice. She is finally not afraid to feel something like that for someone else, even if they're both spies. They have amazing chemistry together.

Here is to hoping we get another season. :)