Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 05-02-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
SwagU
Veteran

SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SwagU is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
We're not going to win in his prime, and he's just going to be another overpaid over the hill player. Why not get a great young LT and a draft pick? Gaither would be a huge piece to the puzzle on O.
Dude come on do you know how important Aso is in our D? The guy completely shuts one side of the field down, and is arguably a top 10 defensive player. What are you talking about we will never win with him in his prime, the guys is 28 and people already feel we can be a Wild Card team. I like Gaither, but with drafting two Tackles it makes little sense to trade for him now.
SwagU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're not a wild card team. Even I have fallen into that thinking, but we lack talent at too many positions. We have 1 capable starter on the line(Gallery) and he's an above average run blocker and a terrible pass protector. We have no Nose tackle. No CB to start opposite Nnamdi. No consistent receiving threat outside of Zach Miller, and a mediocre pass rush. This team is 2 good drafts from being a good team. Nnamdi will be 30 by then. His value won't be nearly as high, and he'll be overpaid. I'd rather the good young tackle to really boost the rebuilding process. I feel like this team,specifically the lines need to be blown up. We lack considerable talent at DT and OT,OG,C.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Raiders have moved Khalif Barnes inside to guard.

Langston Walker has already won Oakland's right tackle job. Barnes will be a swing reserve if he makes the final roster, backing up as many as four positions. He won't beat out LG Robert Gallery or RG Cooper Carlisle.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=3164

I believe the part where he moves to guard, but I dont think Langston has won the RT job

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:03 AM    (permalink
NotoRussell
Rookie

NotoRussell hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i wouldnt trade Aso for Gaither and here is the points why:

1. Aso is one of the top2 CBs in the NFL and Gaither is not even a top 10 LT in this league, hes not even the best OL in Baltimore.

2. if we give up Aso we will only have Johnson and Routt as starters. are you kidding me?!! they are nickel corners at best, so we will not only suck on the left side but on the right side too, not to mention the fact that our run support really sucked last season;-)
i prefer Veldheer or even Henderson as starter at LT before i see Routt and Johnson as only CB starters.

the only player i would trade Aso for is Ngata, but it wont happen because Ngata is the key of Baltimore D, beside Ray "Suggar" Lewis.

so i hope that Aso wont be traded otherwise i will be really pissed off because this offseason looks so great till this point.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:45 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gaither is exactly the type of player the organization is forcibly shying away from in its attempt to instill this overall team ethic concept. I don't think he makes much sense here anyways, notably because we haven't officially moved past the ZBS, and because we have two young tackles (Veldheer, Henderson) whom the coaching staff are expected to start.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:03 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Gaither is exactly the type of player the organization is forcibly shying away from in its attempt to instill this overall team ethic concept. I don't think he makes much sense here anyways, notably because we haven't officially moved past the ZBS, and because we have two young tackles (Veldheer, Henderson) whom the coaching staff are expected to start.
If we're instilling this overall "team concept", why is JaMarcus on the team? Or Tommy Kelly?

For a tackle of Gaither's quality, I would just go power blocking since we already have the LG for it. Do you honestly believe Mario" if you can't touch em hold em" Henderson and a raw 3rd round pick from a small school would be better than Gaither now or ever?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:19 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we're instilling this overall "team concept", why is JaMarcus on the team? Or Tommy Kelly?

For a tackle of Gaither's quality, I would just go power blocking since we already have the LG for it. Do you honestly believe Mario" if you can't touch em hold em" Henderson and a raw 3rd round pick from a small school would be better than Gaither now or ever?
1. Al Davis
2. Money

And no I don't think Henderson will ever amount to anything. Veldheer certainly could be on par with Gaither sooner than expected, even as promptly as a year or two from now, and this small school BS is overstated as far as I'm concerned. Veldheer dominating his competition for four years at a DII school is more than equal to anything Gaither did at Maryland. They're both tall, quick-footed finesse blockers in a big man's body. I'd trust Cable to get as much (or more) out of Veldheer as whatever the Baltimore coaching staff got out of Gaither; his work ethic (or lack thereof) being the sole reason.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:27 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just now saw Walter McFadden is the younger brother of Bryant McFadden, good football blood I guess to a degree, but hopefully he turns out better than that bum. :D
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ever? Sure. Gaither is good, but there's a real reason Baltimore was trying to trade him and no one bit. Moreover, Gaither ain't a power blocker. Dude is one of the better pass protectors in the league, but he gets pretty poor push in the run game. He's too tall to get particularly good leverage.

So yeah, I think that both Veldheer and Campbell have easily as good potential as Gaither did coming out of Maryland.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamarcus looking the best? Haha not buying much into that but it is interesting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...ent_id=2222908
Go Amare.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read the whole thing. Russell had a strong first day then laid an egg on the next two and got almost no snaps the last day.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Yeah I continued on that haha. Interesting article as a whole.
Go Amare.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kinda loving the Raiders because they picked a very close friend of mines.. Manase Tonga. Bravo Raiders Bravo

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So JaMarcus had a bad practice yesterday. Good news?

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Great news.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:29 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's no news. How 'bout that?

The only way I can see any relevance with this is that with every bad practice he is one step closer to being another bum on the streets. Business aside, this is no news.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Still need to add a big DT. Henderson is still on the market.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 05-05-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Still need to add a big DT. Henderson is still on the market.
Here's hoping Kellen Heard becomes this year's Desmond Bryant and contributes as a rotational player, at the very least, because we desperately need a young body to emerge into that role; that's asking for a lot, though.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Is Cofield still on the market?
Go Amare.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Is Cofield still on the market?
I believe he would be for a third rounder or so next season. The rumor was that the team was close to trading him to the Saints on draft day for a second-day pick (2nd/3rd). My personal opinion was that I thought they would be more inclined to keeping the defensive line intact after deciding against trading Osi, as that was the driving force behind their Super Bowl run a few years ago.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Desmond Bryant is penciled in as a starting DT. If that gets put down in ink, I think McClain's bid for DRotY is screwed, along with the run defense.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

I thought that was just because Seymour wasn't at camp.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I thought that was just because Seymour wasn't at camp.
Either way, neither of those guys can handle a guard and a center which is what our Nose is going to need to do.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Either way, neither of those guys can handle a guard and a center which is what our Nose is going to need to do.
Honestly, a large part of Oakland's problems stopping the run have had to do with outside containment and filling gaps more than lack of stout play. Kelly and Warren weren't great last year, but they weren't giving tons of ground in the run game.

Obviously we don't have the personnel to run a strict 1-tech/3-tech scheme. It'll likely be two 2-techs most of the time, although I suspect that Houston will see some time playing a 3-tech in nickel packages. Seymour is easily strong enough to play a 2-tech role and he controls gaps expertly. As for Kelly, I'm less than thrilled with another year of him, but when he works up the energy the guy can be hard to block. We'll be seeing probably a pretty heavy rotation with Seymour seeing the most total snaps. I suspect that Kellen Heard is, at best, a practice squad player for the time being.

Seymour can occasionally bring inside pressure, which is going to have to be enough. With the number of edge rushers that Oakland has right now, I think a working pass rush can be crafted with what's in place.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never thought i'd be so happy after releasing a player. What a **** up that was.