Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who is the best DB in the NFC East?
Mike Jenkins (DALLAS) 14 30.43%
Corey Webster (NY) 12 26.09%
Carlos Rogers (WASH) 1 2.17%
Orlando Scandrick (DALLAS) 1 2.17%
Terrell Thomas (NY) 3 6.52%
Terrence Newman (DALLAS) 0 0%
Antrel Rolle (NY) 2 4.35%
Quinten Mikell (PHI) 0 0%
Asante Samuels (PHI) 12 26.09%
Other 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
(paraphrased) Terrell Thomas is good, actually.
I totally agree, I just think Jenkins is better based on last year. That could change (Cromartie sure as hell fell off fast, as did Nnamdi, so who knows what next year holds).

I'm indecisive about who I'd take in the division after Jenkins based on last year. I still think Samuels is really good, but it's hard for me to gauge Webster/Thomas effectively until they play a full season at the same time.
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supporting Caste View Post
I totally agree, I just think Jenkins is better based on last year. That could change (Cromartie sure as hell fell off fast, as did Nnamdi, so who knows what next year holds).

I'm indecisive about who I'd take in the division after Jenkins based on last year. I still think Samuels is really good, but it's hard for me to gauge Webster/Thomas effectively until they play a full season at the same time.
That's understandable. Our whole team fell apart around Eli last year and the D certainly underachieved.

I just hate to judge players based exclusively off of the previous year, even DeAngelo Hall looked like a monster once you know? I need to get a larger sample size before I'm ready to accept Jenkins as a top 5 corner in the league. Because if one season of great play is the only justification we need I will maintain the Corey should stay in the top 5, he was dominant the year before this one and this year only really got burned by Vjax, who simply flew over cweb, or when he was stuck in zone and then got injured.

I'm cool with saying Jenkins is probably the top guy heading into this year but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Web bounce back with a more man focused scheme and better health, or for TT to continue to get more consistent and take those bad games out of his repertoire and over take Jenkins this year. Hell even Samual could be the top guy in the division if he starts tackling and is able to limit the big plays he gives up.

EDIT:
Similar I'm not dropping scrabble down my rankings either, one down year after how many simply dominant ones? If he has back to back down years we can start talking, but for now he's still tied with Revis and Woodson for that top tier ranking.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and CC ******* BROWN at safety next to Michael Johnson.
Oh man, old Can't Cover Brown, I've watched him since his days back as a Texan. I reiterate the fact that he is one of the worst safeties I've ever seen.

On how they finished the season, gotta say it's Jenkins. Samuel's tackling was atrocious, and he was damn near uncoachable. As for Jenkins, I don't like the guy, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a damn good player.

Top 5 is an exaggeration though. If he can carry over how well he played this season into next season, then possibly.

I really hope Samuel gets back on track, he was an absolute animal two years ago in the playoffs. We wouldn't have made it past the Vikings in the playoffs if it weren't for that clutch interception of his.

Last edited by cunningham06 : 05-06-2010 at 12:01 AM.
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, **** off. Unless you're going to start hating Djax don't bring that hypocritical **** in here. Let it piss you off during the game, but don't get pissed at the players just celebrating a successful play, get pissed at your team for letting them do it. Otherwise you come as just the whinest of whiny bitches.
Nah, DeSean Jackson just dances after he scores a touchdown, whatever, who cares, that thing where he backed into the endzone was stupid, not mad because I'm an Eagles fan and he scored for the Eagles and he did that insulting the Giants, if I was a Giants fan I have no doubt I would hate the guy. But the Cowboys just do stupid ****, I don't mind a first down signal from a player, Brent Celek occasionally makes a simple little first down gesture but there is no need to fake it and then come back and go all crazy doing it and take up even more time like Miles Austin does after every single first down. And I don't care about things like Jared Allen's little move after sacks, but I HATE that stupid roar thing he does after sacks, I like that Trent Cole and guys like DeMarcus Ware just sack him, maybe throw their arms up or something little and then return to the huddle. On the Cowboys I like Ware, Jones, Choice and Witten to name a few but I can't stand Barber, Ratliff, Austin, Jenkins and all the guys who just emanate arrogance and the I'm better than you and my **** don't stink attitude. Yeah DeSean dances after touchdowns, but at least he doesn't freak out almost every time he makes a catch and I will readily admit that DeSean is an egotistical and arrogant player who if I was an opposing fan would make me very mad.

Last edited by Thumper : 05-06-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Nah, DeSean Jackson just dances after he scores a touchdown, whatever, who cares, that thing where he backed into the endzone was stupid, not mad because I'm an Eagles fan and he scored for the Eagles and he did that insulting the Giants, if I was a Giants fan I have no doubt I would hate the guy. But the Cowboys just do stupid ****, I don't mind a first down signal from a player, Brent Celek occassionally makes a simple little first down gesture but there is no need to fake it and then come back and go all crazy doing it and take up even more time like Miles Austin does after every single first down. And I don't care about things like Jared Allen's little move after sacks, but I HATE that stupid roar thing he does after sacks, I like that Trent Cole and guys like DeMarcus Ware just sack him, maybe throw their arms up or something little and then return to the huddle. I like Ware, Jones, Choice and Witten to name a few but I can't stand Barber, Ratliff, Austin, Jenkins and all the guys who just emanate arrogance and the I'm better than you and my **** don't stink attitude. Yeah DeSean dances after touchdowns, but at least he doesn't freak out almost every time he makes a catch and I will readily admit that DeSean is an egotistical and arrogant player who if I was an opposing fan would make me very mad.
Now I don't mean this to be funny, but if you truly believe all of what you just wrote and understand what you've written, you're an idiot. No offense.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 05-06-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I lol'd at the amount of votes Samuel got.

Quote:
Nnamdi fell off fast? I must have missed that.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think his play from last year matched that of the hype he's received the past few years?
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:06 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nah, DeSean Jackson just dances after he scores a touchdown, whatever, who cares, that thing where he backed into the endzone was stupid, not mad because I'm an Eagles fan and he scored for the Eagles and he did that insulting the Giants, if I was a Giants fan I have no doubt I would hate the guy. But the Cowboys just do stupid ****, I don't mind a first down signal from a player, Brent Celek occasionally makes a simple little first down gesture but there is no need to fake it and then come back and go all crazy doing it and take up even more time like Miles Austin does after every single first down. And I don't care about things like Jared Allen's little move after sacks, but I HATE that stupid roar thing he does after sacks, I like that Trent Cole and guys like DeMarcus Ware just sack him, maybe throw their arms up or something little and then return to the huddle. On the Cowboys I like Ware, Jones, Choice and Witten to name a few but I can't stand Barber, Ratliff, Austin, Jenkins and all the guys who just emanate arrogance and the I'm better than you and my **** don't stink attitude. Yeah DeSean dances after touchdowns, but at least he doesn't freak out almost every time he makes a catch and I will readily admit that DeSean is an egotistical and arrogant player who if I was an opposing fan would make me very mad.
Ok incoming neg rep and cussout from Thumper but who cares at least I dont leave neg rep with insults hiding from everyone. Really you are a meathead. Jackson celebrates more then just about anyone so yes he is our idiot but you just put your head in the sand and call out everyone else's showoffs.

Before you go and put Celek up on a pedestal do I need to remind you of the Captain Morgan celebration he did with Avant. That was planned and no different then any other gimmicky celebration. Celek also was in on the planned celebration with Jackson in the game against Carolina where they got flagged. So please almost every NFL player you can find this crap on. Mcnabb had his point thing after a big play. The list goes on and on.

Also look at how many td's are scored vs sacks in a season, they show up about at the same rate if not more. the top 3 teams in td's offense was 64, 56, 54. and the top 3 sacks as of teams gett them is 48, 47, 44. So really a sack is a more rare occurrence then a touchdown and really a game changing event alot of times. Ints then sacks are the 2 most celebrated events on defense. So Jackson can do his lil reject jerk whatever riverdance knockoff he does but A DE cant go over the top on a sack celebration. I even remember the great Dawkins making a hard hit, int or something geting up and flexing like a beast and loosing his chinstrap or staring down who he just laid out.

Also you make better sense if you know what you are talking about. The thing Jared Allen does its a play off calf roping. And really whats the differnce from his to half the other celebrations. You had it your way the only people that could have fun celebrations is the Eagles. You get to butthurt when people show up the Eagles by celebrating on them. Hell I even get a laugh at times when something unique is done to us. Lighten up some respect the players having fun its part of the game.

But really you spend too much time with your Eagles homer goggles on to find your way out of your rear end because you have your head stuck so far up it. please do try and come out to reality and join civilization, the lack of air is killing off brain cells at an alarming rate.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:33 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well to the other team's fans yeah he is...

I would be ticked if Miles Austin did that
At that point i didn't really care anymore, our defense sucked soo bad that losing was inevitable.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:53 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You think his play from last year matched that of the hype he's received the past few years?
Thrown at 28 times -- it's not his statistical best, but it's far and way tops of any starter at his position.

I must have missed it, too. And I'm a Raiders fan.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how much people here have seen Brandon Flowers and Talib play. They were on two of the worst teams in the entire NFL last year, who here saw more then 3-4 FULL Chiefs/Bucs games other then the games where they played us in the division?

Flowers, Talib, Jenkins, and DRC are all in the same tier of great young DB's, that class in itself was pretty sick. Either way, DRC gets alot of love but the guy has been beaten like a dirty rug numerous times as well. He's had his highs like that playoff run where he was locking elite WR's down week in and out and looked shutdown, but he has lapses and gets beat.

Flowers and Talib are good, but people mostly see their good games/highlights more then anything else. You don't see those guys in action as much as the high profile players.

Jenkins had his high moments but got beat on some plays too. None of these guys are Darrelle Revis, yes they get beat, so what? Unless your Charles Woodson, Aso, or Revis your going to get beat. There are alot of great WR's in this league and until you reach the level of one of those 3 DB's you can expect to have bad games and plays.

I still gotta question putting any of those guys above the other. Two most people here probably haven't seen more then 4 games of last season, and DRC and Jenkins both flashed elite potential and got beat as well. Jenkins did get beat by Sidney Rice but the dude made the pro bowl for a reason and beat up DB's all year, no shame in that.

And while Thumper loves to make everyone believe Maclin made him his ***** in the playoffs minus the fleaflicker Vick threw he had 70 yards and no TD's, but yea he was ate alive that game

I think everyone has their favorites, but I'm not buying at this point any of them are in a higher tier then the other until we see more evidence and consistency from all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
And while Thumper loves to make everyone believe Maclin made him his ***** in the playoffs minus the fleaflicker Vick threw he had 70 yards and no TD's, but yea he was ate alive that game
You can do that with a lot of players, though. Point remains he still got a long touchdown on a Vick playaction. I still say Jenkins is the best, though.

P.S I know you liked my Entourage reference. :D
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Based on pure physical tools, it's LaRon Landry. He had an off-year last year, but he's the best all-around DB in the division, and I think he'll have a great year in 2010.

As far as production in 2009 is concerned, I'm going to have to go with Terrence Newman. He's still the most complete cornerback in the division, but if I were a Cowboys fan I'd be worried about him falling off a cliff real soon - he's what, 31? 32? He won't be able to hold up with fast receivers for much longer. But in 2009 he was great.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Based on pure physical tools, it's LaRon Landry. He had an off-year last year, but he's the best all-around DB in the division, and I think he'll have a great year in 2010.

As far as production in 2009 is concerned, I'm going to have to go with Terrence Newman. He's still the most complete cornerback in the division, but if I were a Cowboys fan I'd be worried about him falling off a cliff real soon - he's what, 31? 32? He won't be able to hold up with fast receivers for much longer. But in 2009 he was great.
What
The
****?
Old 05-06-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post

I lol'd.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Morton, are you trying to prove to us that Thumper isn't the most clueless Eagles fan? Or did you just feel like one upping my sig quote?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-06-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
And I don't like Brooking because he went on the radio and said that the Cowboys knew what plays were coming in the two games. I'm sure they're nice guys off the field but I don't care.
So you don't like Brooking because of the fact that he said something that was accurate?

You never cease to amaze me.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
So you don't like Brooking because of the fact that he said something that was accurate?

You never cease to amaze me.
Brooking didn't know exactly what was coming. Do you know the direct quote? "The way we dominated them, obviously McNabb didnít play his best, but they were very predictable, we knew exactly what was coming on every play. A lot of that didnít have to do with Donovan McNabb." Seriously Brooking? ST-FU you douche nozzle.

Can you prove it was accurate? Can you prove to me that Keith Brooking knew every single play coming? If you can't then how can you be so sure it was accurate? Its just a douche bag kind of thing to say that just reeks of arrogance, no Eagles went on the radio after 44-6 and said " "The way we dominated them, obviously Romo didnít play his best, but they were very predictable, we knew exactly what was coming on every play. A lot of that didnít have to do with Tony Romo."

I loved it when Brent Celek said:
Quote:
"I don't think they knew exactly the plays we were running when we were running them," Celek said. "You know, they played better than us in those games, and I'll give them credit. They did do a good job. But for him to say that, I totally disagree with him . . . I tell you what, I can't wait to play him next year."

Celek was asked what he'll say to Brooking when he sees him.

"I can't say that on radio, guys," Celek said. He would say this: "Every time we went down there, you see him trying to get the crowd riled up on that big JumboTron. It gets me going. I can't wait to play him again."
That attempt at an argument you just made was pathetic, there is no way on earth they knew "exactly what was coming on each play".

Here is just one example that proves he didn't know exactly what was coming each play:

Yep. The defense totally knew that was going to happen you know, since they knew exactly what was coming on each play.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to pay attention to this thread more. There are some funny stuffs going on. :D

Terrell Thomas should be #2. Asante "I don't like to tackle" Samuels shouldn't be in second with 10 votes, with Thomas only having 2. Sheesh.

Gimme my pick of any 2 DBs in the division and I go with the Jenkins/Thomas combo. That's shutdown right there.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I need to pay attention to this thread more. There are some funny stuffs going on. :D

Terrell Thomas should be #2. Asante "I don't like to tackle" Samuels shouldn't be in second with 10 votes, with Thomas only having 2. Sheesh.

Gimme my pick of any 2 DBs in the division and I go with the Jenkins/Thomas combo. That's shutdown right there.
I like TT, but I don't think he has ever yet put together a stretch as dominant as the early part of last year was for Corey Webster, then we started playing more zone, corey got torched by Vjax then banged up and all of a sudden people are acting like he's no longer our best DB. Which is silly since he is, by far, TT looks like a stud in the making but I doubt if he'll ever be as smothering as Corey in straight man. TT might handle the bigger receivers better, but give both of them an assignment that can't just fly over them and I'm going with Corey so long as I'm not expecting them to spend much time in zone. TT's a lot more versatile than web, but in pure one-on-one coverage Web whips the floor with TT.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-07-2010, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Brooking didn't know exactly what was coming. Do you know the direct quote? "The way we dominated them, obviously McNabb didnít play his best, but they were very predictable, we knew exactly what was coming on every play. A lot of that didnít have to do with Donovan McNabb." Seriously Brooking? ST-FU you douche nozzle.
34-14 says they knew what was coming.

Quote:
Can you prove it was accurate? Can you prove to me that Keith Brooking knew every single play coming?
34-14.

Quote:
If you can't then how can you be so sure it was accurate?
34-14.

Quote:
Its just a douche bag kind of thing to say that just reeks of arrogance, no Eagles went on the radio after 44-6 and said " "The way we dominated them, obviously Romo didnít play his best, but they were very predictable, we knew exactly what was coming on every play. A lot of that didnít have to do with Tony Romo."
Who gives a flying ****?

Quote:
I loved it when Brent Celek said
Maybe Celek should have done something during the game instead of talking about afterwards.

Quote:
That attempt at an argument you just made was pathetic, there is no way on earth they knew "exactly what was coming on each play".
If you ******* stop taking every ************* statement so ******* literally, you'd be able to understand things around her. 34-14 says they knew what was coming.

Quote:
Here is just one example that proves he didn't know exactly what was coming each play
I honestly don't think I've ever seen someone so obsessed with one play.

Quote:
Yep. The defense totally knew that was going to happen you know, since they knew exactly what was coming on each play.
34-14 says they knew what was coming.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Can you prove it was accurate? Can you prove to me that Keith Brooking knew every single play coming? If you can't then how can you be so sure it was accurate? Its just a douche bag kind of thing to say that just reeks of arrogance, no Eagles went on the radio after 44-6 and said " "The way we dominated them, obviously Romo didnít play his best, but they were very predictable, we knew exactly what was coming on every play. A lot of that didnít have to do with Tony Romo."

I loved it when Brent Celek said:

Here is just one example that proves he didn't know exactly what was coming each play:

Have you given up on trying to be taken seriously?

No, of course they didn't know what was coming every single play, like Sniper said, if you didn't take everything so goddamn literally, you wouldn't be seen as such a douche by most people on here. Honestly, I'd rather sit next to Keith Brooking and have a conversation about football that you, because he isn't douchy at all. Their defense flat out dominated the Eagles offense, so it pretty obvious they had a good idea of what was coming. Its not like Reid is known for being unpredictable with his play calls either, any one of us fans can sit at home and predict (correctly most of the time) what play, or at least what type of play, is coming. As a matter of fact, I think you (and a lot of other Eagles fans) have even mentioned that in one of your tirades after an Eagles loss. But now its impossiblezzz for a professional team who has more knowledge about the sport than most of us to make those predictions? OK, just another example of your flip-flopping. Your worse than a politician.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Wait a second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Don't feel bad for not being able to read the Thumper's mind, he expects all of us to do it I guess. When he says one thing he wants us to know he means something else. You know, like when you're with your woman... Its OK, rookie mistake, you just need to hone your ESP.
You mean when someone says that Brooking knew every play I shouldn't take it so literally because obviously they didn't know every play. So... I'm supposed to know you guys mean something else? Isn't that what you got on me about the other day? I guess I have to go work on my ESP skills...

And yeah the defense dominated, but they didn't know every single play that was coming like Brooking said they did, that 14 the Eagles put up is proof that they at the very least didn't know two of them which is enough to make Brooking's comment and Sniper's post wrong. But like I said earlier I guess I'm supposed to know that Sniper and Brooking meant something else when they said that, damn my ESP skills.

Last edited by Thumper : 05-07-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

http://nikonizer.yfrog.com/Himg338/s...=640&ysize=640

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-08-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wait a second...

You mean when someone says that Brooking knew every play I shouldn't take it so literally because obviously they didn't know every play. So... I'm supposed to know you guys mean something else? Isn't that what you got on me about the other day? I guess I have to go work on my ESP skills...

And yeah the defense dominated, but they didn't know every single play that was coming like Brooking said they did, that 14 the Eagles put up is proof that they at the very least didn't know two of them which is enough to make Brooking's comment and Sniper's post wrong. But like I said earlier I guess I'm supposed to know that Sniper and Brooking meant something else when they said that, damn my ESP skills.
Its not a matter of what we said, its a matter of you misunderstanding what Brooking said, duh.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote