Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-10-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Bale is great as Batman...the batman voice is super annoying but, I still love Bale as Batman.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early reviews for Robin Hood are saying good things. I'm a sucker for almost every film Crowe appears in, and battle-field/epics...So I'm all in.

Quote:
The attention to detail is extraordinary, from the dialogue and the storyline to the myriad elements in production design, as the filmmakers create a convincing, raw, unjust and dangerous world - England as it might have been almost 1,000 years ago
Quote:
Scale, spectacle and heart make Ridley Scott's Robin Hood a heart-pumping and satisfying tale, with Russell Crowe etching his initials on Robin's bow as surely as he left them on Maximus' sword in Gladiator
Quote:
Scott has an eye -- and it's a very good one -- for sieges of castles, charging horsemen, hand-to-hand combat, glistening swords arcing through the air and deadly arrows whistling toward helpless targets.
Quote:
The entire cast is superb
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/robin_hood_2010/

Last edited by Whistler6 : 05-10-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"from the dialogue and the storyline to the myriad elements in production design"

so they are going to speak early modern english the whole time? because I seriously doubt that

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing is, setting has always been Scott's strength. Even somewhat mediocre efforts like Kingdom of Heaven had astonishingly well done settings.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for Robin Hood.

And I saw today that Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, and Michael Caine are signed on for the third installment of the Batman series.

Who do you guys think the next villain is? Or who do you want it to be?

From what I gather, Nolan doesn't like very farfetched characters, like the Penguin. He simplified the Joker to from an acid-scarred man to a man with makeup, and didn't waste any time with his past. Just a lunatic clown, basically. Any other villain fit the bill?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
The thing is, setting has always been Scott's strength. Even somewhat mediocre efforts like Kingdom of Heaven had astonishingly well done settings.
Exactly. Add that to the fact that he has a brilliant cast, and there really is no reason the film shouldn't be solid. Maybe Robin Hood is a recycled story, but holding out hope Scott's film will be worthwhile.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Who do you guys think the next villain is?
Hush would be the best choice, if you ask me.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of over the whole Ridley Scott+Russell Crowe thing.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Hush would be the best choice, if you ask me.
But there's such a giant backstory to make Hush make any sense whatsoever and all the comic storylines are pretty esoteric and involve large story arcs anyway.

I imagine the next main villain has the be The Riddler. No one else really makes much sense. It's too bad, because the 3 best Batman villians (Joker, Two-Face, and Ra's al Ghul) have already been killed off or aren't a possibility for the third movie.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But there's such a giant backstory to make Hush make any sense whatsoever and all the comic storylines are pretty esoteric and involve large story arcs anyway.

I imagine the next main villain has the be The Riddler. No one else really makes much sense. It's too bad, because the 3 best Batman villians (Joker, Two-Face, and Ra's al Ghul) have already been killed off or aren't a possibility for the third movie.
LOL MY BAD

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Childhood friend of Bruce, who had a bad childhood. Bruce's father saved Hush's father from a death that Hush tried to cause. Revenge plot unfolds.

Quote:
I figure Riddler would be great because you could do it to where Ed Nigma is brought in to solve who the Batman is, as he was a hunted man at the end of TDK. Then Nigma goes insane trying to catch Batman, sets a trap for Batman only for it to be foiled by Wayne.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer Black Mask, but I doubt he'd work in a Nolan movie.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Childhood friend of Bruce, who had a bad childhood. Bruce's father saved Hush's father from a death that Hush tried to cause. Revenge plot unfolds.
Right, but Hush is just some dude with bandages on his head and a pair of Berettas. His revenge plot basically involved ******* with Wayne's mind and if I recall invokes characters that mean something to Wayne to do so. So far in Nolan's narrative the only person who could possibly qualify for that is Rachel Dawes, and that was already the entire basis for the Two-Face thing. That well is pretty much dry and without Robin being a part of the storyline (or the Joker, for that matter), I'm not sure how it'd be done. I think you gotta go more mainstream than Hush.

Quote:
I figure Riddler would be great because you could do it to where Ed Nigma is brought in to solve who the Batman is, as he was a hunted man at the end of TDK. Then Nigma goes insane trying to catch Batman, sets a trap for Batman only for it to be foiled by Wayne.
Yeah, this is basically what I was thinking. We haven't had nearly enough of detective Batman, so The Riddler would help bring some of that about. I don't know though, I still feel a little cheated that Nolan got such crappy mileage out of characters like Ghul and Harvey Dent. Obviously the idea was to have Ledger around to play the Joker, but without that they'll probably have to bring in several villians for the third installment. I would wager it's the Riddler + one or two more people. Calender Man would be kinda neat, but like Hush it's a bit esoteric and requires a lot of set-up (or at least the Long Halloween storyline would). Black Mask is a good one, but too out there for Nolan most likely (same with Mr. Freeze, Bane, Croc, etc.). Who else is out there? The Mad Hatter? Deadshot?
Old 05-10-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Who else is out there? The Mad Hatter? Deadshot?
Talia al Ghul could work

Old 05-10-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been suggesting Talia Al Ghul for quite some time, she would be easy to introduce (wants revenge for the death of her father) and could act as a substitute romantic interest for Bruce Wayne/Batman in the 3rd flick with Dawes out of the pictures. That said, she isn't really a strong enough villain to carry a flick, so maybe she returns to Gotham with a new League of Shadows and attempts to destroy Batman, but is forced to ally herself with him when another villain (Riddler, perhaps, in a detective role similar to the one Brent talked about?) poses some sort of larger threat. Something along those lines would definitely be a solid storyline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

uhhhh.....Cat woman ;D

"Should do fine against cats"

Either her or Riddler or both.

You can't follow up TwoFace/Joker with something small like Black Mask or Talia Al Ghul (don't get me wrong, are cool villains, esp. Black Mask). Gotta go big.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

^^
I believe Nolan has said he would never include Catwoman (I assume because of the astonishingly awful Halle Berry movie). At any rate, I think Catwoman would have had to be introduced early in the storyline. She's sort of a tame antagonist after TDK, too.

Talia could work, but she's so much less awesome without Ra's there calling Wayne "Detective" all the time. Honestly, since we never actually saw Ra's die and if Nolan was willing to go with the Tar Pits angle, we could see both of them in the 3rd movie, but that would probably dictate leaving Gotham City for a hefty chunk of the story, and who knows how Nolan would take to that.

Maybe Talia would work as part of a two-villain storyline. Bruce keeps fighting crime while escaping the police, dodging the Riddler, and Talia's assassins, but I don't think she could carry a storyline by herself. That said, as much as I love Liam Neeson, Ra's without the English accent was hard to watch.

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 05-10-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
uhhhh.....Cat woman ;D

"Should do fine against cats"

Either her or Riddler or both.

You can't follow up TwoFace/Joker with something small like Black Mask or Talia Al Ghul (don't get me wrong, are cool villains, esp. Black Mask). Gotta go big.
Black Mask doesn't have to be small, but I could see something working with Black Mask (in a Nolan way) working with the Mob while Talia brought along the League of Shadows, and an entirely different villain being the biggest problem. Maybe Nolan could actually come up with one of his own, or even better...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-10-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't know if it's Arnold's fault or what, but I'm sort of sick of Freeze. Wife was frozen...blah blah blah...speaks with silly accent...blah blah blah...steals equipment that keeps stuff cold or freezes people for revenge or something...blah blah...end. There's not much more than that to do with the character.

He's one of those villains who's incidents with Batman are largely by accident. I think Nolan's largely been using antagonists who portray the way Batman's approach to fighting crime led to crazier villains, which help him build the story of the citizens of Gotham blaming him for the existence of costumed criminals. They're integral parts of the Batman mythology. Freeze isn't (then again, I consider Robin and Catwoman to be integral, so obviously Nolan and I disagree on some things).
Old 05-10-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I just have a soft spot for Heart of Ice.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-10-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ehh I never really cared for the black mask, idk I just didnt find him to be that interesting of a character. Talia is certainly a great choice, I think that if the movie started with a child in a prison being punished for his fathers crimes, going through a quick credit sequence of him training up and becoming Bane, Talia could bring him to gotham with a new league of shadows in an attempt to hunt Batman. You could even set it up for another one ( i know Nolan wanted a trilogy) by just having edward nigma being on the case to investigate the batman case. Penguin could work as a mob boss with just a some what realistic bizarre appearance, the mob needs a new leader. Also, forgo the whole Bane toxin, just make him ridiculously strong because of years of training. Thatd be awesome imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why I'd like to see Bane done well in a film, not the mindless brute shown in Batman and Robin. If I remember correctly, Bane is a very smart guy who just happens to have superhuman strength.

And he's out to literally break Batman, so there's the storyline . Sure, maybe not as the feature villain, but if done correctly, he could be a very good second story villain. Detective work vs. Nigma, then Bane comes along, involving more detective work and ridiculous physical fights.

The superhuman venom is a bit out there though. Maybe a very smart guy who juices up like crazy?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Ehh I never really cared for the black mask, idk I just didnt find him to be that interesting of a character. Talia is certainly a great choice, I think that if the movie started with a child in a prison being punished for his fathers crimes, going through a quick credit sequence of him training up and becoming Bane, Talia could bring him to gotham with a new league of shadows in an attempt to hunt Batman. You could even set it up for another one ( i know Nolan wanted a trilogy) by just having edward nigma being on the case to investigate the batman case. Penguin could work as a mob boss with just a some what realistic bizarre appearance, the mob needs a new leader. Also, forgo the whole Bane toxin, just make him ridiculously strong because of years of training. Thatd be awesome imo.
Aaahh, beat me to it.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
The superhuman venom is a bit out there though. Maybe a very smart guy who juices up like crazy?
Brian Cushing has some free time, maybe he could play Bane.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Brian Cushing has some free time, maybe he could play Bane.
Lol. I read somewhere that Javier Bardem should play him, if they ever include him in a film again, and I guess it could work. He's a great actor, speaks spanish (Bane is Latin American, I think), and has the deep scary voice to haunt Batman. Plus, he can definitely pull off the intellectual sociopath/murderer.

Just needs to bulk up. A lot. But Hollywood has a way of getting actors to do miraculous body changes, so it shouldn't be that big an issue.

Props to clover_jeez!