Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 05-05-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
The only reason I am for it is because the article on the Bengals site

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...d-13e637af8742

Zimmer wants the guy here and it seems like he trusts him, which would be hard to do because he constantly ran into the law. But the guy can play and return punts like a mad man. We averaged 10.2 yards per return according to espn http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense and Jones averaged 12.4 or something with 3 TDs I think. So he could bring a boost to the return game. Quan is good but very expendable after the WR's we just drafted. Everyone thinks Jerome is on the way out, I am one of those people, but maybe they aren't ready to give up on him yet and will get rid of Quan to keep him.

Jones wasn't lights out in Dallas by any means but i guarantee he is an upgrade over David Jones of Wingate University. I think he will be brought in to compete for the 3rd corner spot with Ghee. We do play some pass happy teams this year as well like NE, Indy, NO, SD even Pitt and Balt have been more pass oriented and you can Jones skill set could provide useful not only in coverage but in field position with return duties
He is not a good PR he averaged 4.2 yards when he played in Dallas.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

What about when he was in Tennessee? He averaged 12.4 yards I think and had 3 tds... that is a lot better than what we currently have
Old 05-05-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
What about when he was in Tennessee? He averaged 12.4 yards I think and had 3 tds... that is a lot better than what we currently have
Uh wasnt that 3 or 4 years ago?
Not sure I want to hang my hat on that.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Uh wasnt that 3 or 4 years ago?
Not sure I want to hang my hat on that.
Yea it is, but at least he has shown he can do it. There is more to returning than the man himself. How was Dallas' ST unit in 2008? I don't know and don't really feel like looking it up.

I don't understand why everyone is so against this move though.. He will come cheap and if anything slightly goes wrong we will cut him. If he shows he still has something, which Coach Lewis and Zimmer both do, then maybe we found something and added another piece that can lift us up to the next level. I trust this program under Marvin he seems to have finally got it to where he wants it to be and has found a defensive coordinator who has the same mindset as him. The next step is to find an offensive coordinator who knows how to mix it up and be creative.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I got a bad taste in my mouth about this one. You can always take a rat out of the river but not the river out of the rat. If he signs, it will be at a min with incentives so it wont cost us much to see if he can regain his mojo. I would think Zim/Lewis told him very clearly that he's gone at the first sign of trouble. Their calculations must be there is more upside than downside with this move.

The Bengals have truly become the second chance stop in the NFL, in some respects thats pretty admirable.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the comments I saw from Zimmer... It won me over. Mostly because Zimmer is the man haha.

Part of my issue is also that I really liked how Trent did as a nickle back... I also don't think David Jones is terrible (even though I thought that at first lol). Not to mention you take a CB early this year as well.

He'll no doubt be on a short leash, Zimmer seems to have been won over as well. I guess I'll give in.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm for it even though I havent read that article. Were paying him veteran minimum to find out if he can still do it and if he can he fits our scheme to a T. Could be an excellent nickel corner and he also offers something in the return game. Its worth it in my mind to at least see what he can still do.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i was pretty happy with Pac signing from the get-go. then again, i really don't give a damn about the team maintaining a goody-goody image.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
well i was pretty happy with Pac signing from the get-go. then again, i really don't give a damn about the team maintaining a goody-goody image.
Yea, me neither. The heckling from other fans and the media's treatment about it got ridiculous but I don't really care about what they do with their personal lives. I mean sure, I'd like em all to be upstanding guys who have a role in the community but it just doesn't happen like that. What they do on the field is of greatest importance, imo. And if Pac can even be half of what he's capable of we've got ourselves a hell of a nickel guy who might be some sort of insurance policy, along with Ghee, in case we somehow(i dont even want to fathom it really) don't resign either Leon or JJ to long term deals.

Plus, if this is the straw that helps the kid turn his life around in the way that Tank seemingly has, it will be a very nice thing to see. Tank will also be able to help him out because he knows him and has been through his own troubles off the field only to come back and earn a four-year extension on one of the best defenses in the league and he did so with foot problems all year.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 05-08-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being a semi-smaller market team, I think shooting for the talent with character concerns is a viable strategy on Mike Brown's part. It's a cheap way to try and find above average talent to fill in the holes.

It doesn't always work out, but that's why not everyone does it. If it always worked, then everyone would be signing the Pacman Jones of this world.

I'm fine with the strategy and the players, I just wish every post / article / analyst didn't try to turn our franchise into a joke because of it.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think they finally have a handle on how to deal with the 'take discounted players' approach and not have it blow up.

My big issue with Pacman is I just don't think he's that good anymore. It seems he's certainly learned from his mistakes... He really didn't have a choice.

Our return game is fine now, he'd be good depth I suppose.

Quan put us 2nd in the league in YPR and Shipley is a good backup. I actually forgot how young Pacman was, that helps but again... I worry that he sucks now lol.

I might not trust a lot with this team but Zimmer has my full trust. If he was all about the move then I say go for it.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I read and think about it, I'm starting to like the Jones signing. I love Zimmer's attitude about the whole situation and he clearly has no qualms about getting rid of him if he even considers getting in trouble again. Obviously, he won't be the starter, but he adds excellent depth to both the defense and ST if he's still got it in the tank, which I would expect since he isn't too terribly old. Needless to say, it's going to be a really interesting off-season and season.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
The more I read and think about it, I'm starting to like the Jones signing. I love Zimmer's attitude about the whole situation and he clearly has no qualms about getting rid of him if he even considers getting in trouble again. Obviously, he won't be the starter, but he adds excellent depth to both the defense and ST if he's still got it in the tank, which I would expect since he isn't too terribly old. Needless to say, it's going to be a really interesting off-season and season.
Interesting it should be. We have a VERY tough schedule ahead of us so hopefully the everything goes good and the offense has a little more power with the new additions
Old 05-12-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Apparently Matt Jones looked really good from what I've read on Bengals.com. Carson seems to love him. Hobson also said the difference between Coles last year and Antonio Bryant this year at the same time is quite noticeable in favor of Antonio. Also mentioned that Jerome Simpson had a good day. I saw on the OTA highlight vid where he had a nice catch deep down the field between two defenders. I still believe in his potential so hopefully they can at least keep him on the practice squad if he doesn't make the team because the competition there is going to be rather heated.

I know it's just OTAs but it does seem pretty encouraging, at least there aren't any big problems just yet. If we can get something out of Jones and Bryant plays to his ability our passing game could actually be closer to 05' form. Palmer hasn't been as good/accurate as he once was but he also suffered tremendously with the lack of talent in the passing game outside of Chad. The things Bryant had to say about CP were pretty interesting and quite complimentary.

If this team can get a consistent passing game going I don't see how we can't have an even more successful season. I like that we have also taken chances on some guys like Matt and Adam Jones because I feel this locker room has enough of a veteran presence to help those two along in reclaiming not only their lives but their football careers as well. Surrounding Carson with some guys that can make plays down the field was the mission and hopefully we'll see we have accomplished that throughout the season. Even if our passing game isn't spectacular, parlaying the improvements we made with an established run game should do wonders.

I just wish Hard Knocks could come back to Cincy again this year. Such a cool thing to have that kind of access to your favorite team, though I do kinda wish they would've laid off all the longshot guys and shown more of the big time contributors, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Last edited by themaninblack : 05-12-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

The WR core is such a toss up this year.

There's a big question of how they will perform and who will even be on the roster. Definitely the biggest wildcard for the team and it's also huge for any success next year.

This team has a tough schedule but it's much better prepared to succeed than the '06 team was after their AFCN win. The defense should still be just fine, I really think the only way it even plays average is with big injuries which are always possible.

Benson needs to stay healthy and the WR's need to actually perform this year.

Like I said though... It's very important for me that this team is set up pretty well to continue success whereas the '06 team had plenty of issues.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Dont forget Palmer needs to step up his game as well. If he plays like he did last year this team will not make the playoffs. There will be alot of teams stacking the box to stop the run and will challenge Palmer to beat them. We can put alot of blame on the WR core but lets not forget Palmer didn't exactly throw the ball the greatest last season. Gresham should be a huge help for him since he actually can catch the ball on a regular basis. That will open up the outsides a bit since the safeties wont be able to cheat out there on the wide outs.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:58 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Reggie kelly deal done according to Bengals twitter account!! That is a huge signing imo especially after we drafted jermaine in the first. Reggie is a great blocker and an even better mentor, that's all I really see this signing as to help jermaine and chase progress and become good te's. Jermaine can become an all pro if he refines his blocking game and chase can become a matchup problem from hell in a double tight end set. Anyways great signing bengals fo something I think we really needed to get done
Old 05-13-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THANK GOD. This was one of the biggest things we had to do this offseason. I can't believe Mike Brown is actually doing things properly for once ;)

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now if only we can go after Atogwe once he doesn't sign his tender and is released lol

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Glad to see that one get done. We need him even more now with both our young TEs.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165