Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 03-08-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think we are pretty set at Guard and Center right now, maybe some late round considerations for guard

and we deff don't need a WR, beside the 3 that everyone knows we have Spurlock & Watkins

look for a tackle and olb or maybe a cb

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
lionsfan320
Rookie

lionsfan320 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

you guys just signed former Lions safety Terrence Holt to a 5 year deal..

he was always a pretty good player for detroit.. just never got much chance to play.. hopefully he shines for the cards
Old 03-08-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan320 View Post
you guys just signed former Lions safety Terrence Holt to a 5 year deal..

he was always a pretty good player for detroit.. just never got much chance to play.. hopefully he shines for the cards
I definitely like this signing. He played with Adrian Wilson at NC State.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice a duo in the backfeild
Old 03-09-2007, 01:52 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

though i think Grant from jacksonville who is now with suckattle would have been a better pick up somone more experinced back there would have been nice, he is a big hitter

But still like the Holt signing, i still hope we get merriweather adds depth at 2 spots
Old 03-09-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The signing of Holt is one of those moves that strikes me as a "we're trying to give ourselves a reason to trade up" move. That is, Holt gives them a capable safety partner with Wilson. While not great, he should be alright, and it removes safety as a top need, potentially freeing them up to make a big move up for Joe Thomas. It'll be interesting to see how things play out. A DL signing, or two, would probably give a clear signal on a desire to make the big jump up. I guess it's possible they deal down and accumulate picks, but it seems more likely they sign FA's and make a big splash up.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

the only good DE left is Jared Allen, and if we move Calvin Pace back to DE then we would move up,

I still dont see JT getting Drafted becuase Detroit has to many needs and may trade down,

Cleavland might take him, but they have bigger needs at RB, Lewis is only a 1 year solution and ruben Droughns is being traded,

Bucs i dont see drafting anyone else but CJ

I still like Joe Staley better in the second, or late first, he is the quickest LT out there right now
Old 03-09-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
The signing of Holt is one of those moves that strikes me as a "we're trying to give ourselves a reason to trade up" move. That is, Holt gives them a capable safety partner with Wilson. While not great, he should be alright, and it removes safety as a top need, potentially freeing them up to make a big move up for Joe Thomas. It'll be interesting to see how things play out. A DL signing, or two, would probably give a clear signal on a desire to make the big jump up. I guess it's possible they deal down and accumulate picks, but it seems more likely they sign FA's and make a big splash up.
I'd rather risk Thomas falling, than giving up a second rounder. It certainly means that Landry is very unlikely now.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be a proponent of dealing up for Joe Thomas. I think Russ Grimm can coach someone up (and I don't think Staley is there in round 2 as of now). That said, if they can add a DL signing, say, maybe a DT, I could see them making the push up, as they could still possibly have the third to add a young DE (someone should be there), and another LB can be found in day 2 as the talent should be stretch well into the 4th.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we need to give Blackstock or Johnson a shot at OLB, i have faith in them, either that or we need a quality one in the 2nd or 3rd or none at all(of course unless somebody good falls)

Old 03-09-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

There's enough depth at the weakside spot to wait until later in the draft. If the rumored Dansby to weakside happened, strongside backers can be found later. In short, I don't see a need to draft a LB in the first 2 rounds, and probably day 1, unless you guys address all your other needs. Sure, the weakside spot was a hole, but there are options available in the draft.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
There's enough depth at the weakside spot to wait until later in the draft. If the rumored Dansby to weakside happened, strongside backers can be found later. In short, I don't see a need to draft a LB in the first 2 rounds, and probably day 1, unless you guys address all your other needs. Sure, the weakside spot was a hole, but there are options available in the draft.
Hopefully Zak DeOssie or Stewart Bradley last until round three.

In other news, Richie Anderson was arrested for solicitation. Hopefully the Bidwill's don't kick him out.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when / If do the cards draft a RB ?
Old 03-10-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

i don't think they do

Shipp & Arrington are good depth

Old 03-11-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Is LT really that big of a need wouldnt it be better to put JT in at RT and switch him with Lutipu because Lineart is a Lefty and his blind side would be Right side or we could keep Lutipu there since thats how college was for him Lutipu portecting his blind side

We could get a T in the second and move down and get some picks to work on the D and O line more, even lb

still want merriwether
Old 03-11-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

you must not watch the cardinals

Joe Thomas is a LT and should stay at LT, Reggie Wells was a beast at RT along with Lutui at RG, I don't want to change the best part of our line, plus just because Leinart is a lefty doesn't mean that guys like Peppers & Freeney are gonna line up on the left now, they are gonna stay at RE and thats why we need quality there

Old 03-11-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Well nice new sig but Peppers is on the left and Freeney is on the right, nah i dont want to change it either but i was just trying to see wat people thought
Old 03-11-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see our O-Line look like this:

LT - Joe Thomas
LG - Milford Brown?
C - Al Johnson
RG - Deuce Lutui
RT - Reggie Wells

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:42 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

i think most of us would, lets just hope he falls to us

Old 03-12-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

hopefully Ross will start playing better since he has his old line coach back, and he could take browns spot
Old 03-14-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
hopefully Ross will start playing better since he has his old line coach back, and he could take browns spot
Ross plays tackle, has he played guard before?

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

i think so, he was moved around
Old 03-14-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i think we are pretty set at Guard and Center right now, maybe some late round considerations for guard

and we deff don't need a WR, beside the 3 that everyone knows we have Spurlock & Watkins

look for a tackle and olb or maybe a cb
I still think we should go for a C/G in the 4th/5th just for depth. We need it on the line, and it would be someone Grimm will be able to mould.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Look if we dont get JT in the first i saw we move down and try and trade with the pats or jets and get like either the pats two 1st and a third i doubt they will do that

With the Jets we take there first and there two seconds and a 4th

That way we can get JS in the first and still pick up a some DEs that we need and some DB depth

I think JS is a better prospect the JT, but thats just me, i think JS moves faster like in the pro agility or short shuttle which i think he a better test then the 40
Old 03-15-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

why would the jets or new england want to trade up though?