Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC West Division Forum

AFC West Division Forum Discuss the AFC West

Old 09-10-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Are we still an elite division?

For the past couple years we've been, arguably, the toughest division in football with generally three strong to very strong teams. This year though, KC and Oakland both look to be down, leaving San Diego and Denver left to represent the division. Are we still at the top or have we fallen now?
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if C-Pep comes in for Oakland, they can be tough to beat. They might not win many games, but they won't be an easy victory. San Diego is, IMO, the most talented team in the league, and the only team that can compare is the Patriots. That would be a great game in the AFCCG. Unfortunately Cutler will will his way past both of them.

P.S. Chargers suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I think if C-Pep comes in for Oakland, they can be tough to beat. They might not win many games, but they won't be an easy victory. San Diego is, IMO, the most talented team in the league, and the only team that can compare is the Patriots. That would be a great game in the AFCCG. Unfortunately Cutler will will his way past both of them.

P.S. Chargers suck.
The only reason I could see Oakland being tough to beat would be in a rivalry situation, against one of our teams or Kansas City. I don't see enough motivation or talent otherwise, but, its been one week, and the offense did improve from last year, granted against hte Lions. So I could easily be proven wrong on that one, I just don't think I willl.....

Oh yeah, and the Broncos suck, will clearly go nowhere, and maybe they can hope to add some help with the #1 overall draft pick next year, its not fair to Cutler to make him struggle with such a poor team/coaching/managemnet/fan base and everything else wrong in the world.:p
Old 09-10-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a word, no.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not with the raiders and chiefs in the west
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:40 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Raiders have a good enough defense that they will be tough to beat, but not enough offensively. Same with the Chiefs, if they could get any kind of rhythm going they could step up and surprise a team here or there. I just don't see it happening.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:52 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no we suck balls
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Last edited by bored of education : 06-13-2010 at 12:59 PM.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, but we will continue to be one of the best for years to come. I think the AFC North is a lot tougher. All four teams are at least average.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think every team in this division sucks, except the Chargers, who only semi-suck.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-18-2007, 02:40 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, ever since Seattle was booted into the NFC, the AFC West has arguably been the strongest division in football, with the exception being 2003 when the Raiders and Chargers both sucked their way into top five picks. So I don't think it will drop off that much.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the browns are average? i'm sure that's news to a large number of people.
Not after they just put up 51 on the Bengals. Yeah, I know the Bengals D is bad, but they're not THAT bad.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Not after they just put up 51 on the Bengals. Yeah, I know the Bengals D is bad, but they're not THAT bad.
No, they are, that bad. That's an abberation, not something they will come close to compiling the rest of the year, let alone in a game.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

The Browns D blows plenty too. They allowed 34 to pit, and 45 to Cincy. That is not average at all.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-23-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since this was posted, the AFC West has been arguable the worst division in the NFL. Is it any longer? If not, who have they clearly passed?

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC West>NFC West

We've never been the worst division. We've been pretty bad, but the NFC West is always worse.

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
AFC West>NFC West

We've never been the worst division. We've been pretty bad, but the NFC West is always worse.
You can make that argument. That being said, when the Cards went to the Super Bowl, while the Chiefs and Raiders hit bottom, I think you lose.
'Zona > SD
Seattle = Denver
SF > KC
Oakland > St Louis
Even if you give Denver over Seattle, it is still a toss up.

J
Old 05-26-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Wow. San Diego is clearly better than Zona, Denver is clearly better than Seattle and Oakland is clearly better than St Louis. San Francisco is clearly better than KC. So that's 3/4 of those right there.

The NFC West has one of the worst teams ever. The Rams have picked in the top 2 for three straight years in a ****** division. That alone is enough to make them clearly the worst in the NFL.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-27-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Wow. San Diego is clearly better than Zona, Denver is clearly better than Seattle and Oakland is clearly better than St Louis. San Francisco is clearly better than KC. So that's 3/4 of those right there.

The NFC West has one of the worst teams ever. The Rams have picked in the top 2 for three straight years in a ****** division. That alone is enough to make them clearly the worst in the NFL.
Now maybe, but we are talking 2008. Cardinals in the Super Bowl, Chiefs and Raiders 4th and 5th picks. Yes, the Rams were the worst, but not by a lot.

J

Last edited by onejayhawk : 05-27-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:

now, or then? i'm not convinced either is true.
Now. My bad, I didn't see we were discussing 2008. I need to read more. I was also confused as to why Seattle was ahead of SF, because SF is probably better than us and Seattle is a hair better than KC probably.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-13-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

So what about this season. Is the AFC West the Best?

Some points.
  1. Denver made a partial breakthrough last season, in spite of a lot of off field prob=1lems.
  2. Oakland had a very productive off season.
  3. Kansas City may have had the best off season in the NFL.
  4. San Diego drafted a solid RB, putting a patch on their only major hole.
  5. All the young players are a year older, and a season more experienced.

J
Old 09-20-2010, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
meh, might as well talk about now, since this has been necro'ed. i think seattle would beat us 3 out of 5 games. i doubt we could run against their front seven, and i doubt orton could throw against anyone if the run game isn't going.

i'd bet SF and zona would beat us, and given the way we play down to crappy teams, st louis might even make it a game.
Apparently we no longer require a run game to move the ball (an effective one anyway).
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote