Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > AFC North Division Forum

AFC North Division Forum Discuss the AFC North

View Poll Results: Who is the best TE in the AFCN?
Todd Heap 1 3.23%
Jermaine Gresham 5 16.13%
Heath Miller 25 80.65%
Ben Watson 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best TE

Who is the top TE in the AFCN?
Old 05-24-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers get a little love from me
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heath should run away with this one
Old 05-24-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heath Miller is my pick as well. Complete TE.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now it's Miller, but soon it's going to be Gresham.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miller w/ a run away...
Old 05-24-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Gresham without any hesitation. He is going to have an immediate impact and his production could be on the same level as the other guys despite him only being a rookie. He may not have the most yards this year but if I'm picking the best TE than I'm picking Gresham. He is going to be a really good player in the league.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I went with Gresham without any hesitation. He is going to have an immediate impact and his production could be on the same level as the other guys despite him only being a rookie. He may not have the most yards this year but if I'm picking the best TE than I'm picking Gresham. He is going to be a really good player in the league.
Knowing all this...I go with Gresham :p
Can we run a 2 TE setup?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are we getting a full 53 man roster out of this thing?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Just 22 with K and P.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

then why are there 3 WRs? Are we not doing a FB?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
then why are there 3 WRs? Are we not doing a FB?
Because its run by Hines and he knew LeRon was a lock so he changed it to 3 WR's. It's a conspiracy. ;)

Last edited by TACKLE : 05-24-2010 at 03:17 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to take the guy who has played a down in the NFL and played at a high level or the guy who has not done anything in the NFL... call me crazy
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Because its run by Hines and he knew LeRon was a lock so he changed it to 3 WR's. It's a conspiracy. :D
McClain is a lock? If I want a blocking fullback, I'm taking Lawrence Vickers and I'm not looking back. He's like having a 260lb guard in the backfield
Old 05-24-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
McClain is a lock? If I want a blocking fullback, I'm taking Lawrence Vickers and I'm not looking back. He's like having a 260lb guard in the backfield
I forgot all about Vickers. He too is a beast. I loved him at Colorado and he's turned out to be one of the better FB's in the league.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I did 3 WRs because it seems like more and more offenses are going towards that. Of course I love the lead FB, but it is what it is.

If it gets out of hand for TE, I'll have LT up by tonight.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
I wouldn;t say it'd be a lock, but McClain brings more to the table. He's no slouch in the blocking department either, AND he's a pretty effective power-runner. For the record, I'd rather have a FB over a 3rd WR as well because that seems to be more AFC North-ish but it;s not my poll ;).
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I did 3 WRs because it seems like more and more offenses are going towards that. Of course I love the lead FB, but it is what it is.

If it gets out of hand for TE, I'll have LT up by tonight.
If you're building the team from the standpoint of what's best for building an AFC North Team, I'd definitely incorporate a fullback... the AFCN just doesn't boast the quality of quarterback or receiver that other divisions do... we run the football. Go with what you know.

LT - Joe Thomas, Cleveland Browns
LG - Ben Grubbs, Baltimore Ravens
C - Alex Mack, Cleveland Browns
RG - Andrew Whitworth, Cincinnati Bengals
RT - Michael Oher, Baltimore Ravens
TE - Heath Miller, Pittsburgh Steelers
FB - Lawrence Vickers, Cleveland Browns
RB - Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens/Cedric Benson, Cincinnati Bengals

And just walk down the field. Hell, we could put Josh Cribbs at quarterback, run the single wing, and still get a ton of yards on the ground.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I might put FB in at the end if everyone wants to. I have no problem with that. It can be a extra position.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Heap, but thats the homer in me. It's clearly Heath Miller, he's a great all-around TE who is so underutilized by Pittsburgh.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I voted Heap, but thats the homer in me. It's clearly Heath Miller, he's a great all-around TE who is so underutilized by Pittsburgh.
Miller was actually targeted a lot last season. He should get a lot more looks in the first four games of the season as well.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all know the real answer is Jordan Shipley

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Miller was actually targeted a lot last season. He should get a lot more looks in the first four games of the season as well.
yeah, I expect the Steelers to lean heavily on Rashard Mendenhall, and when they have to pass, I believe Miller and Ward will be there first 2 reads, and Wallace will be their "Action Jackson" type player either in the slot or the outside opposite of Ward.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Miller but it could eventually be Gresham.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is Miller right now with Gresham not having played a down. But probably before the seasons is over we will probably want to change our answer. Gresham can simply just do more things than Heath athletically.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote