Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-25-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
fast_10
Rookie

fast_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.fast_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ok, ive watched all 3 seasons up to now in about a week and the only thing i can say is I never wanted to see some chick on tvs tits as bad as Walts wifes
fast_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I was fully expecting Walt to have the giant shard of glass jammed in his back after his fall. Hospital time would certainly have added to the tension between Walt / Jesse / Gus if it screwed up the cook schedule (again.)

Overall it really was an intense episode without any action. The lock out followed by the lights out . . . Jesse cracking Walt with the fly swatter . . . everything about it was tense and dripping with suspense.

I completely understand how anyone could dislike it though. At this point most viewers have bought into the series and characters so it is a bit over the top to do an entire episode of tense and cathartic fly chasing. But that type of writing, symbolism and acting are absolutely what make the show great.
Yeah, I loved it for how much they made out of almost nothing from a literal sense. And the last 25 minutes were just magnificently acted out and written, even if it took a little while to get there.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
fast_10
Rookie

fast_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.fast_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

when Walt said "im sorry Jesse" i dont know why I thought he was going to push him off the ladder

and I got a feeling Walt is going to piss off Gus somehow and he'll arrange for Walts wife to "go missing"
fast_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
contento
Rookie

contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Breaking Bad has worked a lot with symbolism in the past, I don't see how this is new.

I don't have a problem with symbolism, BB uses it quite well, I just have a problem with an entire damn hour of the same symbol.

I'll probably look back on this episode after the seasons over and think "oh yeah, now I get it", but my immediate reaction is still that it sucked.
contento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The whole "never give up on family" thing from Walt made me think about Jesse's family and how they seemingly gave up on him.

On the same note, I wonder if anything is gonna happen with his family.. You'd think they would want to find out how Jesse got the $400,000 Cash to pay for the house. Especially considering they wanted double that until Saul came along.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure his parents already know, seeing as how they found the meth lab in the basement before kicking him out. They knew he was dealing, but they have no leverage to do anything to him cause of the charades they tried pulling with the house.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
The whole "never give up on family" thing from Walt made me think about Jesse's family and how they seemingly gave up on him.
See I thought the opposite. Jesse is the one who gave up on his family; yes he is the son but he could also attempt to understand their point of view instead of ******* them over by taking their house thanks to something he did.

Really great episode, the pacing and directing reminded of some of the great, classic episodes of The Twilight Zone. And I will admit the first 30 minutes I did not enjoy and was frustrated watching it (maybe that was the point?), but because of how strong the second half was this will go down as one of my all time favorite episodes.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
See I thought the opposite. Jesse is the one who gave up on his family; yes he is the son but he could also attempt to understand their point of view instead of ******* them over by taking their house thanks to something he did.
Are you kidding?

They blamed Jesse and kicked him out of the house when they found his little brother's joint. He took the blame AND threw the joint away to keep him from using drugs.

The house was supposed to be Jesse's, that's what his aunt wanted. The sister that his mom didn't give a **** about when she was dying with cancer and Jesse was the only one taking care of her.

They brought an attorney into play to kick Jesse out so they can sell the property. They wanted to make money off of something that was never supposed to be theirs. In the end, Jesse just paid for the entire renovation of the home because the dad said 400 was "less than what we've already put in".
Old 05-30-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

skylar + saul = money

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ha, nice tie-in

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-30-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

ohhhhhh yesssssssss this just got awesome

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-30-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Home making Gus is so awesome.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So ya, ******* incredible episode. Breaking Bad really is television at its finest.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good episode, but I'm much more excited for next week. And yeah, home making Gus is a stud.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Skylar and Walt: Partners in Crime

this is setting up very nicely for a long storyline

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 05-31-2010, 03:43 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice episode.. I'm not really a fan of the Andrea thing, I don't like how she just happens to be the sister of the kid that killed Combo.. but the show has provided enough awesomeness for me to look past that. It should lead to an interesting final few episodes.. maybe with Jesse trying to find out who's running that area, or maybe killing those two guys for using kids in their drug business.

I don't want this season to end

Last edited by WMD : 05-31-2010 at 03:57 AM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:22 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Nice episode.. I'm not really a fan of the Andrea thing, I don't like how she just happens to be the sister of the kid that killed Combo.. but the show has provided enough awesomeness for me to look past that. It should lead to an interesting final few episodes.. maybe with Jesse trying to find out who's running that area, or maybe killing those two guys for using kids in their drug business.
Ya the whole Andrea/kid brother thing is way too convenient.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:29 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Peefs????? View Post
Ya the whole Andrea/kid brother thing is way too convenient.
I wuv you too booboo
Old 05-31-2010, 04:40 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wmd you smell like an alpine ***** house

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought yesterday's episode was amazing. I love the fact that Skylar will most likely get involved...I'm just waiting on when Walter Jr. jumps aboard.

It looks like the PI is returning next week. He has changed so much of this season but he's barely in the show. It's great.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the first 4 episodes of season 1 last night... Im already hooked.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I thought yesterday's episode was amazing. I love the fact that Skylar will most likely get involved...I'm just waiting on when Walter Jr. jumps aboard.

It looks like the PI is returning next week. He has changed so much of this season but he's barely in the show. It's great.
Jumps aboard? Walter Jr. has been behind the entire thing, and he's just biding his time until he can pull a Verbal Kint.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree the kid brother set up was way too convienent, but some things need to be overlooked on occasion. The set up for a drug war should be worth it in the long run.

Skyler . . . that was pretty easy to see coming throughout the episode, but should prove to be a nice mess as well. It goes against everything Walt wanted out of this, though. But I guess that's what happens when you live too long.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
contento
Rookie

contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.

Aaron Paul does such a great job of acting that I want to kill "Jesse" my damn self!

Fantastic episode, I was wondering when we'd get to see the other side of Gus...that's a storyline that I'd love to see more of. And I had totally forgot about the great scenes Walt had when he used to work at the car wash, classic.

The whole Skyler thing seems a little off to me, would she really join the business just because Hank got shot? Is she so obtuse that she doesn't realize Hank getting shot was a direct result of the drug's her husband produces? Obviously I can suspend my disbelief but it just seemed she went to the dark side a little too quickly...love the Wagoneer though, my family used to have one just like it.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
contento
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I'm just waiting on when Walter Jr. jumps aboard.

It might seem too cliche, but I see Walt Jr. getting hooked on Ice at some point in the show.