Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:50 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dunno bout the rest but

49ers 10 - 6 and wild card loser week 1

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:43 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl9erfan View Post
No, it just takes a while to adjust to it (i.e. at least a year) especially when your starting QB is just entering his second year in the league. That's not a shot at Whisenhunt's system, I'm just pointing out that no matter how good it is, it will take everyone on the team some time to master it and become as comfortable in it as they were in the old one. In that adjustment period, you can probably expect to lose a few extra games, but over the long haul, I think Whisenhunt was the best or second best choice the Cardinals could have made (I can't believe nobody offered Grimm a HC job).
Leinart switched offensive coordinators midway through last season and actually got alot better, so I'm not really sure that's a big issue. Not trying to pick apart your rankings, but there are plenty of other reasons you could've had the Cards pegged lower (kind of like how they don't have a LT or SLB). As for my predictions:

1. Seattle Seahawks 11-5 (With Alexander and Hasselbeck healthy they return to form)

2. Arizona Cardinals 9-7 (They finish with the same record as the 9ers, but they seem to have Frisco's number, sweeping them two years in a row)

3. San Francisco 49ers 9-7 (The defense is making major strides to compete with the high octane NFC West offensives, but after losing Norv Turner and still not having a number one wideout their offense is a little bit shaky).

4. St. Louis Rams 6-10 (I don't trust their defense at all. They'll be in alot of nail biters for sure with that offense, but it's hard to see them comin out on top).
Old 03-13-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I refuse to make dumbass predictions before the ******* draft, so until then, I don't give a **** what all ur dumbasses say except for Toonster, KCJ58, and boredofeducation.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:14 AM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President View Post
Leinart switched offensive coordinators midway through last season and actually got alot better, so I'm not really sure that's a big issue. Not trying to pick apart your rankings, but there are plenty of other reasons you could've had the Cards pegged lower (kind of like how they don't have a LT or SLB).
Sure he switched offensive coordinators, but did he switch SCHEMES? I have a feeling he was still running Denny Green's offense, no matter who was actually calling the plays.

Let's be clear, I'm not saying that the Cardinal's don't have other issues (because they do), and I'm not saying that Whisenhunt's personality or playcalling are going to cause Leinart to regress. What I'm saying is that the switch in systems, terminology, and philosophy will slow down his development at any rate. Much moreso than, say, SF changing OC's but keeping the same system will.

Edit: And I don't think I'll be saying this very often, but I agree with yodachu here. If anyone is taking my, or anyone else's rankings at this point seriously, don't, just don't. There's much too much offseason left to go. I just kind of threw mine out there for fun, nothing more.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I refuse to make dumbass predictions before the ******* draft, so until then, I don't give a **** what all ur dumbasses say except for Toonster, KCJ58, and boredofeducation.

Yeah I can't make a prediction until after the draft also.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Yeah I can't make a prediction until after the draft also.
Add Larry to my good list.