Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-02-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Maybe Joyce was shocked Miggy was fielding it instead of letting the 2B get what looked like would have been a much easier play.
Miggy had a half second to judge whether Guillen (NOT A SECOND BASEMAN) would get to the ball. He couldn't seriously assume Guillen would be there.

Don't question the fielding on the play. It was a ******* OUT!
Old 06-02-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more pissed off than I was after Game 163 last October.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cliff Lee finally gives up home run #1 50 2/3 innings into the season
Old 06-02-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
How is that possible? It's a perfect game in everyone's eyes. Everyone will say that he threw a perfect game. Getting knocked out of the playoffs after choking away a lead is worse? I can't imagine that.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I thought that was an awesome game.

I love how even Donald looked upset at the call. You would think for Joyce's sake he would go with the safe call, even if he did barely beat it out (which I'm aware he did not.)
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
How is that possible? It's a perfect game in everyone's eyes. Everyone will say that he threw a perfect game. Getting knocked out of the playoffs after choking away a lead is worse? I can't imagine that.
Because ultimately this is more important to me. Never been a perfect game in Tigers history. Over 100 years. I could go the rest of my lifetime and never see one.

On a side note, the Tigers won game 163. The ball hit Inge's jersey.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I thought that was an awesome game.

I love how even Donald looked upset at the call. You would think for Joyce's sake he would go with the safe call, even if he did barely beat it out (which I'm aware he did not.)
That replay will forever haunt my dreams. I have seen in 1,000 times in the last 3 hours. The reaction of the Indians dugout is total disbelief.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

I don't know what's wrong with you if you really are more upset by this than 163. Because it's so rare? Cmon. It's a great achievement and a travesty he didn't get it officially, but being 1 run away from the playoffs and losing is definitely worse in my opinion
Old 06-02-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Major League Baseball needs to fix this. Set a new precedent. It happens in a court of law. New precedents are set. Why should sports be any different?

Baseball will lose fans over the continuation of events like this. With everything that has been wrong with baseball in the last decade (namely steroids), the game needs to honor achievements like this. It needs good publicity and not bad.

******* fix this. If baseball doesn't institute further instant replay as a result of this event, then I will have lost the little respect for this sport that I have left.

Disgraceful.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With stuff like this nowadays I would not be surprised if the MLB somehow ends up saying one day that it was a perfect game..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Last edited by thenewfeature06 : 06-03-2010 at 10:16 AM.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep technology out of baseball. It is ****** this happened, refs blow calls its part of the game ,but im sure they get them right enough it should not be of concern. Still, i don't know how you miss that one that badly.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bottom line just scrolled this comment from Galarraga "(Joyce) feels really bad about it...no one's perfect"

Ouch.
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Xio, you can't stand Galarraga..
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How is that possible? It's a perfect game in everyone's eyes. Everyone will say that he threw a perfect game.
The thing is though is it's not a perfect game. Yes we all know what happened and he absolutely should have been credited with a perfect game...but he's not. In 100 years Len Barker's name will be on the list but Armando will not.

Of course it's a bad call, but bad calls happen in baseball. Who knows how many times a bad strike/ball call in the 5th inning cost a guy a perfect game in a 1 hitter, so you can't play that game.

Jim Joyce should resign after this.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
The Bottom line just scrolled this comment from Galarraga "(Joyce) feels really bad about it...no one's perfect"

Ouch.
Boooo it would have been much more hilarious had Joyce come out and said, "I screwed up bad, and I feel really bad about it...but no one's perfect."

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being reported that Mike Stanton should be up real soon.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Xio, you can't stand Galarraga..
... What!?
Old 06-02-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Keep technology out of baseball. It is ****** this happened, refs blow calls its part of the game ,but im sure they get them right enough it should not be of concern. Still, i don't know how you miss that one that badly.
How can you honestly take this stance? Why is instant replay a bad idea?
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Being reported that Mike Stanton should be up real soon.
I really wish it happens tomorrow so I can go.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Joyce is the home plate ump tomorrow for the Tigers-Indians.
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel robbed...
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://twitter.com/GovGranholm/status/15290930845

Well there ya go. Everybody is happy now.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
http://twitter.com/GovGranholm/status/15290930845

Well there ya go. Everybody is happy now.
The first good thing she's done as governor. Too bad she probably had no idea what happened and that tweet was posted by a staff member of hers.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple things I found on Rotoworld.

According to the Chicago Tribune's sources, the Cubs and Angels may be in trade talks involving Derrek Lee.

The Tribune called the sources "excellent," whatever that means. The Angels obviously lost their starting first baseman, Kendry Morales, for the season when he broke his leg in a home run celebration, so they could be motivated to make a move. The only remaining question is if they would assume the money still owed Lee. The Cubs owe him about $9 million over the remainder of the season, after which he will be a free agent. Lee is batting just .232/.339/.366 on the season.

Danny Valencia has been called up by the Twins, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune's Joe Christensen.

Valencia is batting a respectable .292 with 15 doubles and 24 RBI for Triple-A Rochester but has somehow managed to hit no home runs, which has to be a huge mystery for the Twins. He entered play on Wednesday with a humble .381 slugging percentage, way down from the .483 number he put over parts of two seasons at Double-A. Valencia is one of the Twins' top prospects and the fan base no doubt hopes he can dislodge Nick Punto from third base. If that's the best case scenario, the worst case would be that he is sent down in four days when Michael Cuddyer returns from the bereavement list.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The first good thing she's done as governor. Too bad she probably had no idea what happened and that tweet was posted by a staff member of hers.
Well, she's a woman, so that's fairly obvious...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote