Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-03-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do 1st base umpires hate us?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, the first base ump just blew another call in the Detroit-Cleveland game.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Ajax has made two more really impressive running catches in the first two innings today.

This kid is a future gold glover for sure. Just has to wait til Hunter and Ichiro retire it seems.
He's already light years better than Torii, but he has a ways to go to be as good as Gutierrez is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-03-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's already light years better than Torii, but he has a ways to go to be as good as Gutierrez is.
It's about perception and history. We all know the voters don't actually watch enough games to know who to vote for. They vote off reputation and offensive prowess.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

We can clearly blame the lost perfect game on the Curse of Bill(y) Buckner.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Joyces best poem yet
Quote:
I KICKED THE SH*T OUT OF THAT CALL! I KICKED THE SH*T!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

God I hate Laird and Everett.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-03-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
James Joyces best poem yet
I like it. Some poets might have gone for a Haiku, or put it in iambic pentameter. The free form of this little dandy is astounding.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot to talk about Griffey in the mist of all this perfect game stuff. He is one of my all time faves and it sucks to see him go. If he stayed healthy, he would have CRUSHED the HR record, **** Bonds, Griffey would have gotten close to 800, and best of all, WITHOUT ROIDS! We'll miss you Kenny!

Old 06-03-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I'll never do anything like spit or throw a ball, but I definitely let umpires know if they've blown the call. Kid missed 1st base by 3 feet running on a bases clearing triple in the 7th inning of a tie game and the ump missed it. Ridiculous.
There is screwing up a call because of human error, and then there is just being lazy. I run up and down the lines to make sure I'm close. The teams seem to be much more accepting of calls when I do that. Still, it's not always a fun gig.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
What's with all the no-hitters and perfect games so early in this season? This has to be some kind of record.
Over/under 3 more perfect games in the next 5-10 years? It's crazy.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Selig said he will not change the call!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

This same sig **** is messing with my head! It doesn't help that your both Detroit fans either...Ah, now there's even more. Change the call Selig!

Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Link? .........
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
This same sig **** is messing with my head! It doesn't help that your both Detroit fans either...
Daniel bullied me into taking it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-03-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

So, wanna make a plan to hold Joyce and Selig hostage until they reverse that call? Cause that is utter horseshit that Selig wont change it

Old 06-03-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was just on sportcenter right before otl
Old 06-03-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Instead, in a shocking announcement, Selig has declared that to make up for the blown call, Detroit will get to play the remainder of their games at Miller Park.

Selig was quoted saying, "It's the only fair thing to do for the Tigers, and the rest of the baseball world."
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Selig not changing the call. It's a shame what happened, but changing the call could be opening a can of worms that just isn't neccesary.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

yeah, they would have to put the Tigers and Indian's seasons both on hold to fix stats

Old 06-03-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Daniel bullied me into taking it.
So I'm pretty sure you are the reason I now know half the people on this board by their first name. It's a good thing, more intimate...

Quote:
Instead, in a shocking announcement, Selig has declared that to make up for the blown call, Detroit will get to play the remainder of their games at Miller Park.

Selig was quoted saying, "It's the only fair thing to do for the Tigers, and the rest of the baseball world."
Miller Park is always open to accepting other team's games. Anyone but the Cubs, and I am open to it. Just know, even thinking about using Bernie's slide will spark a riot.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
So I'm pretty sure you are the reason I now know half the people on this board by their first name. It's a good thing, more intimate...

Miller Park is always open to accepting other team's games. Anyone but the Cubs, and I am open to it. Just know, even thinking about using Bernie's slide will spark a riot.
Funny that it was the Cubs that got to use Miller Park when the Astros were displaced 2 years ago. Oh Bud, how fair and well thought your decisions are...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Austin Jackson hitting .331 coming into today.

Today: 4-4, 1.000 BA, 3 2B, 2 R

Definitely slowing down. Sooner or later, right? lol

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Funny that it was the Cubs that got to use Miller Park when the Astros were displaced 2 years ago. Oh Bud, how fair and well thought your decisions are...
Astros probably made money on that situation.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

I love Austin Jackson...All Star?