Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

View Poll Results: Do you want to sign him?
Yes 16 69.57%
No 2 8.70%
Not sure 0 0%
Depends on the contract 7 30.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Lightbulb OJ Atogwe - FA at midnight

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=5194336
John Clayton thinks we will be after him.
Quote:
Who says the Lions won't become involved? I think they could, but there's no need for them to tip their hand now. On June 1, Atogwe's restricted tender would rise to the franchise level (nearly $7 million), and it seems unlikely the Rams will keep him at that price. Like it or not, the Lions have been one of the most aggressive teams in picking up veteran players, and Atogwe would be a good, young player to acquire. I think they will be in the hunt.
09 74 TKL - 2 INT Pass Def 5 - 1 sack
08 85 TKL - 5 INT Pass Def 5
07 75 TKL - 8 INT Pass Def 12

* I made the poll multiple votes so you can add the "depends on contract" option.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

front load his deal and call it good. his presence will help bring the secondary into being a functional unit. he tackles and covers. both safeties have similar responsibilities in our scheme, so he would be a great fit. bring him in.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

could put our secondary in a much better position to win.

need CBs more but any upgrade to our secondary would be huge
Old 06-01-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say defiantly yes. It makes the safety position a position of strength. The only real problems after that is the O-Line and a starting corner. That ain't bad.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously money will have a lot to do with it, but I still can't see him wanting to go to Detroit after being on a bunch of terrible Rams teams. You guys are definitely improving, but I'm guessing he's going to want to play for someone who's closer to being a contender.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Make it happen...back up the Brinks truck.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's coming to the Cowboys. I hope.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Obviously money will have a lot to do with it, but I still can't see him wanting to go to Detroit after being on a bunch of terrible Rams teams. You guys are definitely improving, but I'm guessing he's going to want to play for someone who's closer to being a contender.
He's from the Detroit area. Don't know if that would be a pro or con for him wanting to come here though. Money will be the reason but given our SS platoon right now, I'd sign him if we can overpaying a little.

Would Delmas move to SS or would Otogwe play SS is the key. I know the roles are similar in our defense but it would be interesting who actually is the SS.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last time we had a dude from Detroit, play here it didnt that well.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Last time we had a dude from Detroit, play here it didnt that well.
Larry Foote did ok he was an average ILB. An average SS/FS will be an improvment over Ko Simpson although I liked Ko Simpson when he came out I will take Atogwe over Ko.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:43 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the fact so many teams with need at safety say they don't want him does concern me, but we have very little at safety, so I guess it's ok if the contrat isn't too insane.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atogwe had shoulder problems and hernia problems last year. Plus he'll be 29 this month. That might be keeping teams away plus he could be wanting way too much money. We'll see how it plays out and if his demands come down, some team will probably take him and be happy.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atogwe has said he was a Lions fan growing up in Windsor. That certainly can't hurt our chances. I think a lot of teams are interested in Atogwe but his injuries and contract demands are slowing talks for sure. I think the Lions should def go after him. He's an above average safety, and would be a huge upgrade. I'm concerned that without an upgrade at SS, opposing teams will just attack that side of the field, and try to neutralize Delmas.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am in the minority but I say NO. He's not young, he is coming off injury(s)?, and will demand a HUGE contract (like 6 yr 36 million I saw). Besides, why didn't St. Louis shell it out & extend him if he is so great & healthy?

I say Detroit makes S a top 2 to 3 priority next draft with rd 2 or rd 3 & build it old school. Get em young, hungry & cheap. Besides, is this OJ cat going to put us from like 6-10 to 9-8?? NO WAY. Therefore I say hold off.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
I am in the minority but I say NO. He's not young, he is coming off injury(s)?, and will demand a HUGE contract (like 6 yr 36 million I saw). Besides, why didn't St. Louis shell it out & extend him if he is so great & healthy?

I say Detroit makes S a top 2 to 3 priority next draft with rd 2 or rd 3 & build it old school. Get em young, hungry & cheap. Besides, is this OJ cat going to put us from like 6-10 to 9-8?? NO WAY. Therefore I say hold off.
9-8 would be pretty impossible for Atogwe to guide us to.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
9-8 would be pretty impossible for Atogwe to guide us to.
WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

or we just play one extra game

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote