Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-07-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it the NCAA avoiding a playoff system? I always thought it was the big fish schools who didn't want it. They want to keep theirs comin'.

I love this. Anything to get closer to a playoff system works for me. This is a way to get a real champion.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I fail to see how one would lead to the other. If anything, the mega-conferences are a product of the extreme aversion to a playoff system by the major conference chairman.
I guess I just always hear from people in charge they are not sure how a playoff would work, and how many teams, etc etc, yet moving 6+ teams from numerous conferences and changing schedules seems easier. I don't know, they probably don't go hand in hand, just seemed ironic to me, and a playoff would make more sense to get worked out then all of this.

But then again it's all about the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I guess I just always hear from people in charge they are not sure how a playoff would work, and how many teams, etc etc, yet moving 6+ teams from numerous conferences and changing schedules seems easier. I don't know, they probably don't go hand in hand, just seemed ironic to me, and a playoff would make more sense to get worked out then all of this.

But then again it's all about the money.
Sort of. It's all about the money to those conference commissioners. If they had a playoff, they would make more money total, but they would have to split it with everyone else.

This way, the Pac-10 and the Big Ten could potentially eliminate an entire conference, push the SEC/ACC towards eliminating another one, and consolidate even more control over television contract money.

Which should answer your question D. This is a conference commissioner decision. They run the BCS, not the NCAA.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:24 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well i guess this would bring more light to the pac 10 vs. SEC discussion.

If all 16 agree does it then become the pac-16? or would they just rename it altogether?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Well i guess this would bring more light to the pac 10 vs. SEC discussion.

If all 16 agree does it then become the pac-16? or would they just rename it altogether?
Quote:
ESPN just speculated that the Big 12 will go OOB if the Pac 10 raids 6 of their members & all 6 move west. Also that the SEC will put the Big East OOB by taking some members, UWVA for sure & maybe Louisville, they want Florida St. -- the Seminoles & Miami are safe in the ACC..... for now.
If your HC is named Jimbo you belong in the SEC.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Stamper
Rookie

Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dude from orangebloods.com just said all 6 schools who got invited will join pac-10
Stamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im so behind in all this stuff, but when would it take affect.. like this year or when they future schedules or what.. i have no clue.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems pretty interesting.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but would it make any sense for the MWC to snap up the other 4 Big 12 leftovers saying all the expansion happened.

Kansas at the very least would give the MWC a legitimate basketball powerhouse and you would think for the smaller scale schools involved the MWC would be better than being independent. Baylor and TCU could even work on a nice in state rivalry, you bring Kansas and Kansas State. Iowa State are the real leftover, but make the numbers nice, if they get Boise though that changes I guess.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The MWC should get a BCS Bowl bid if they added Boise,Kansas,Kansas St,Iowa St. The Big 12 is gone the MWC could also get Houston.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
The MWC should get a BCS Bowl bid if they added Boise,Kansas,Kansas St,Iowa St. The Big 12 is gone the MWC could also get Houston.
Outside of Boise State, those other schools only lessen the chance that the MWC would receive a BCS bid.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happens to Kansas? Hopefully they join the Big Ten, their basketball program has to be in one of the big conferences, even if their football is weak.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still waiting to hear word on if they are expecting to announce a conference championship game. Seems the only logical choice, but I don't want to assume it'll happen.

Quote:
Old 06-10-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm still waiting to hear word on if they are expecting to announce a conference championship game. Seems the only logical choice, but I don't want to assume it'll happen.
If they do end up with 16 teams, I think they pretty much have to divide the conference up and have a championship game. Even a few months ago they were discussing a possibility of a championship game so it is very logical.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything I am reading points to the Pac-10 wanting a Championship game. Same with the Big Ten.

If for some reason Colorado is the only school to go and Notre Dame goes to Big Ten.... Would Big 12 consider adding TCU to it or something?

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the expansion they will definitely have a championship game. The football side of it in addition to the added revenue make it pretty impossible to pass up.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This just happened:

Kansas' Athletic Director Lew Perkins just resigned

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
Everything I am reading points to the Pac-10 wanting a Championship game. Same with the Big Ten.

If for some reason Colorado is the only school to go and Notre Dame goes to Big Ten.... Would Big 12 consider adding TCU to it or something?
I was thinking about this, because I mean, not every school has to leave right? I know people assume if Texas goes the rest will follow, but what if a good number of Big XII schools stay put, or decline offers, couldn't they just offer TCU, Houston, Boise St or some number of teams to keep it going?

I guess it just seems logical that it'll be tore apart but I just wasn't sure.

I think schools like TCU and Boise should be able to jump in with one of the bigger conferences, or someone should send out an invite, they shouldn't continually get shafted year after year.

Anyone hear if Notre Dame is leaning towards the Big 10 also?

Quote:
Old 06-11-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
What happens to Kansas? Hopefully they join the Big Ten, their basketball program has to be in one of the big conferences, even if their football is weak.
One rumor is that Syracuse and Rutgers would join the Big 10, and that Kansas and either Missouri or Kansas State would replace them.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Looks like the demise of the Big XII was premature by everyone.

Quote:
Old 06-18-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Looks like the demise of the Big XII was premature by everyone.
I for one am really glad that's the case. Sure there would be some new interesting rivalries if UT were to join the Pac-10, but the current rivalries are just so damn good with OU and A&M. The Red River Shootout is always my most anticipated game of the year, not to mention an extremely fun game to go to.

I know OU was saying they would go where UT goes, but I'd hate to lose A&M.

Last edited by cunningham06 : 06-18-2010 at 07:45 PM.
cunningham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are two ways the Pac10 can divide themselves and both are North and South.

There's Option A:
North
Cal
Oregon
Oregon State
Stanford
Washington
Washington State

South
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
UCLA
USC
Utah

and then there is Option B:

North
Colorado
Oregon
Oregon State
Utah
Washington
Washington State

South
Arizona
Arizona State
Cal
Stanford
UCLA
USC

I lean towards Option A myself.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-27-2010, 06:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Larry Scott officially announced that new Pac 10 will be called Pac 12. "We like to be mathematically correct."

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-27-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is pretty exciting. I welcome an expansion of the Pac-10 and the invention of a championship game.