Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 06-12-2010, 10:41 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmfao to the ms paint

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if the MWC adds KU, MU and KSU, like it's being reported, then the MWC would deserve an automatic BCS bid. They can have the Big XIIs old auto-bid.
Boise St would be the biggest beneficiary. They would have a better schedule and an automatic bid into the BCS.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
if the MWC adds KU, MU and KSU, like it's being reported, then the MWC would deserve an automatic BCS bid. They can have the Big XIIs old auto-bid.
Boise St would be the biggest beneficiary. They would have a better schedule and an automatic bid into the BCS.
They should get the automatic bid anyway, regardless of adding anyone other than Boise State
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Star-Telegram reports TCU lobbying to keep Baylor out of MWC

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chip Brown of OrangBloods.com and ESPN Radio is reporting that the Texas A&M board of regents have enough votes to join the SEC, if they so decide to.

Quote:
Texas A&M regents have the votes to join the SEC and could announce that move as early as next week, sources tell Orangebloods.com

http://twitter.com/ChipBrownOB/status/16038520816

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thought that one of the big issues was that Texas was being forced to stay with TAMU?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
thought that one of the big issues was that Texas was being forced to stay with TAMU?
Nah, seems that are fine being separated. OU is the bigger one, who has said they are following Texas.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's supposedly speculation that if Texas A&M joins the SEC, then Mike Slive will travel to Norman, OK and try to convince the Sooners as well (Slive is supposedly in College Station now).

I'm guessing people think that Oklahoma would be more willing to part ways with Texas and join the SEC if they're joined by another Big 12 South team? I think it's better for college football if TX/OU stay together, though.

There's still the ability of having annual OOC games, too. Several current SEC teams have those (Florida/FSU, Georgia/GATech, SCAR/Clemson), so I don't see why TX/TAMU (or TX/OU for that matter, I guess) couldn't do the same.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if TAMU an Oklahoma go to the SEC would it be safe to say that Texas would go to the Big Ten then instead of the Pac 10
Old 06-12-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather Texas A&M just go to the Pac10. If the SEC were to get a Big XII team I would rather it be Texas as their academic and athletic programs are better as a whole than A&M. I am fairly surprised Mike Slive hasn't made an attempt to try and swing Texas over. Imagine the tv deal the SEC could work out if Texas, TAMU, Okie State, and OU joined the SEC...

I have been pondering this as well: no matter what A&M does, why don't the SEC go after Kansas, Kansas State, and Missouri? It expands their footprint out west, tremendously increasing the competition in basketball (imagine Kansas vs. Kentucky every year), and doesn't lower the competition in football too much. SEC could even pick up Baylor or any other team really to increase it to 16 teams.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-12-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

If TAMU and Oklahoma both move to the SEC, then I think the **** hits the fan. Anything could happen from the reformation of the Big 12 to Texas going independent. There'd even be the possibility of Texas joining the SEC as well, seeing as their biggest conference rival (OU) and instate rival (TAMU) would both be joining the conference as well. Whether they'd be willing to give up on the Pac 10 merger, submit to following OU and TAMU to the SEC, and then leave the other former Big 12 teams out in the cold is another thing though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I would rather Texas A&M just go to the Pac10. If the SEC were to get a Big XII team I would rather it be Texas as their academic and athletic programs are better as a whole than A&M. I am fairly surprised Mike Slive hasn't made an attempt to try and swing Texas over. Imagine the tv deal the SEC could work out if Texas, TAMU, Okie State, and OU joined the SEC...

I have been pondering this as well: no matter what A&M does, why don't the SEC go after Kansas, Kansas State, and Missouri? It expands their footprint out west, tremendously increasing the competition in basketball (imagine Kansas vs. Kentucky every year), and doesn't lower the competition in football too much. SEC could even pick up Baylor or any other team really to increase it to 16 teams.
Too many teams. I think the SEC is a bit worried about the money thinning out with 16 teams.

And the Mountain West doesn't even want Baylor, let alone the SEC.

OU has already said it, they are waiting for Texas and following Texas.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:58 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I don't even think the Big 12 wanted Baylor. It was Texas's pull that got them into the conference.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

nothing makes sense about any Texas team joining the Pac 10. Even OU.
XLIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLIV View Post
nothing makes sense about any Texas team joining the Pac 10. Even OU.
10 million dollars more a year does.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
There's supposedly speculation that if Texas A&M joins the SEC, then Mike Slive will travel to Norman, OK and try to convince the Sooners as well (Slive is supposedly in College Station now).

I'm guessing people think that Oklahoma would be more willing to part ways with Texas and join the SEC if they're joined by another Big 12 South team? I think it's better for college football if TX/OU stay together, though.

There's still the ability of having annual OOC games, too. Several current SEC teams have those (Florida/FSU, Georgia/GATech, SCAR/Clemson), so I don't see why TX/TAMU (or TX/OU for that matter, I guess) couldn't do the same.
Some random crap:

1) TX and OU have been in the same conference for 14 years. That's it. They have rivalry game that they have played irregardless of conference for ages.

2) Aggies did not like their travel issues when dealing with the PAC-10. The prospect of that being an annual thing is not appealing to them.

3) UT's arrogance has worn thin on Aggieland and lots of A&M alumni want to go their own way. The SEC is that outlet for them.

4) OU desperately wants to follow UT. If UT heads to the Big10, OU needs to look elsewhere as they aren't academically up to snuff.

5) I still think the Big12 south (minus baylor) heads to form the Pac16. It's basically the same division as the Big12 south + the arizonas + another team. Cakewalk for UT and OU. With USC down and the rest of the PAC10 being completely weak, UT and OU are virtually guaranteed a NC appearance at least once every 4 years. No competition.

6) UT wants unbalance TV $. I doubt any conference gives that to them, but they are playing the Big10 and PAC10 off of each other like crazy.

7) I hope UT and ND come to the Big10. It make$ $en$e. Mostly due to CIC money.

8) For lots of fun rumors: orangebloods.com, frankthetank.wordpress.com, and a good Big10 source.

Good thread, keep up the banter.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XLIV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
10 million dollars more a year does.
we'll see how that works when the players are too tired to play a game from traveling so damn much.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we'll see how that works when the players are too tired to play a game from traveling so damn much.
With two divisions, most conference games will be against the 7 different teams in the division. 1 or 2 games outside of the division, and a championship game. That means 1 or 2 long haul trips in conference per year. Not a big deal.

Oh, one more thing that is floating around out there is a combined Pac16/Big10 TV deal. Basically force cable companies to make this a standard tier cable channel.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
You'll still watch, I'll still watch, everyone will still watch. They will still get the 10 mill.

NFL teams do it, other college sports do it, and heck even football teams travel a lot (BC down to FSU? OSU to USC? etc). It's not as big an issue for the players as it is made out to be. Annoyance? For sure. But it won't lower the level of play.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-13-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd much rather OU and A&M go to SEC. OU/UT would still play an annual OOC game as they did before the Big 12 like JoeJoeBrown said.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

According to ESPN, Texas is the SEC's #1 choice but will settle for TAMU. They do want Oklahoma and Mike Slive will make his case to the school's president. As an SEC fan, it makes too much sense to have Texas, TAMU, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State in the SEC. If they could get then they could re-work the TV deal.

You would still get OU/TX, UGA/FL, AL/LSU every year plus TX/LSU, OU/LSU, TX/AL, OU/AL, TX/FL, OU/FL, etc... That's ridiculous. It would also reunite those four schools with Arkansas from the old Southwest Conference.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-13-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
XLIV
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
You'll still watch, I'll still watch, everyone will still watch. They will still get the 10 mill.

NFL teams do it, other college sports do it, and heck even football teams travel a lot (BC down to FSU? OSU to USC? etc). It's not as big an issue for the players as it is made out to be. Annoyance? For sure. But it won't lower the level of play.
NFL teams don't have to study for exams either. A texas team having to travel to Cali then to another place, back to oregon and back and so forth. **** gets tiresome.

also these are awesome shirts.

Old 06-13-2010, 02:13 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I'd much rather OU and A&M go to SEC. OU/UT would still play an annual OOC game as they did before the Big 12 like JoeJoeBrown said.
Good lord, OU in the SEC would be fantastic. OU playing Bama, LSU, Arkansas, etc. every year, on top of rotating against UF and UGA is a great thing to think about.

A&M has their problems and will eventually get out of their terrible slide. Overall, the SEC would be even better, which is a sick thought. The top 6 teams would be killers row.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:16 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
According to ESPN, Texas is the SEC's #1 choice but will settle for TAMU. They do want Oklahoma and Mike Slive will make his case to the school's president. As an SEC fan, it makes too much sense to have Texas, TAMU, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State in the SEC. If they could get then they could re-work the TV deal.

You would still get OU/TX, UGA/FL, AL/LSU every year plus TX/LSU, OU/LSU, TX/AL, OU/AL, TX/FL, OU/FL, etc... That's ridiculous. It would also reunite those four schools with Arkansas from the old Southwest Conference.
That would be a sick conference.

I just don't think UT wants to deal with the SEC for either academics or for competition.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:43 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5279018

Mountain West has it's eyes on KU, KSU, and Missouri. Adding two of those three teams would be incredible for the conference as a whole especially for basketball.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5279963

SEC covets Texas and Oklahoma but do not see either as realistic options. Kansas would like an SEC invite if the Pac10 gets the six Big XII teams to move to their conference, however, the SEC does not seem primed to invite KU nor does it want to raid the ACC for teams like Georgia Tech, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, or Virginia Tech.

The five Big XII schools that would be left in the cold had a conference call where they expressed their desires to hold the Big XII together as a 10 team conference or to expand by adding 2-6 teams.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts on if the Big XII were to stay together is that they would have to target universities like Utah, BYU, Boise State, New Mexico, Air Force, Houston, SMU, Tulsa, etc... Basically the best of the Mountain West and the top of C-USA Western division.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter