Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
As for Nebraska and Florida, Nebraska I actually overrated and moved them down a little, I had them quite high originally. Still like them but the depth at linebacker is an issue and it is yet to be seen how great those defensive backs will become.
Nebraska had the second-lowest scoring defense since 2004 (sorry, cfbstats.com only goes back that far). They did it playing in a high-scoring conference and would have been better if they had an offense that could do anything.

Virginia Tech averaged 31.8 points per game. They scored 16 vs. Nebraska.
Texas Tech averaged 37 points per game. They scored 31 vs. Nebraska.
Texas averaged 39.3 points per game. They scored 12 (!!!!) vs. Nebraska.
Oklahoma averaged 31.1 points per game. They scored, um, yeah, 3, vs. Nebraska.
Arizona averaged 27.4 points per game. Nebraska shut them out.

Quote:
Florida overrated? How, the fact that the defensive line was absolutely sick you did not like? Or the fact they had very fine linebacker play, or the fact they had Reggie Nelson who absolutely dominated at safety, much less got great performances out of corner Ryan Smith intercepting passes. That defensive line was outstanding though and one of the best and deepest I have seen. One could argue they are the best in this group, at least their ends are better than Nebraska's last year with Moss, Harvey and company.
Florida was a very good defense. However, they ranked sixth in scoring D, 33rd in pass defense, fifth in rushing defense, and didn't play offenses that were as good as Nebraska's.

Quote:
Still waiting on the Va Tech and Tennessee defensive roster conversation, or any non standard defense conversation. I know some have watched other defenses outside of the obvious ones. Top to bottom conversation on all rosters is ideal but pick and choose conversation is a must I guess considering.....
Tennessee's defense in the front four was silly good. Virginia Tech, well, to be honest, I lose VT defenses in the shuffle because they're so consistently good without big names.

By the way, Reggie Nelson was the FS for Florida, not the SS.

Oh, Wisconsin '01 defense. You were so nasty.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote