Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Would you want Randy Moss on your team?
Yes. 57 49.14%
No. Take his suckage else where. 55 47.41%
Don't know 4 3.45%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
he knows if he doesnt product anything thousands of packer fans will roit to his house and demand for his head.
Yeah he knows that but he doesn't care

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

If I cheered for a team that had a QB that could throw the ball more than 20 yards, then most definitely.

Moss isn't nearly as bad as all of you are making him out to be. You have no evidence he is past his prime... the last two years he played for a team that had horrible QB's and coaches that didn't call his number a) enough, b) in the right plays.

He may not be his 1600 yard 17 TD season that he was the last time he cared and wasn't injured, but he is easily a 1300 10 TD guy with Favre.

If I was a Packer fan, I would be having wet dreams about Moss coming to town.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If my team was a winner, absolutely. He is the best WR in the league on a competitive team.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
If my team was a winner, absolutely. He is the best WR in the league on a competitive team.
See, I don't think that you even have to be a winner, per se. I think you have to be a solid team (at least 6-10) with a better than average QB, and a coach that will actually let Moss run the routes he runs best. When I watched Moss play in Oakland, they threw the ball deep to him like once a game, and then gave him some short passes, and then ignored him for the rest of the game. I think he just tired of it, along with the horrible QB play.

However, if you have a mediocre QB, you *better* be a winning team, or Moss won't play for you.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Better than Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and 30 other receivers?
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
See, I don't think that you even have to be a winner, per se. I think you have to be a solid team (at least 6-10) with a better than average QB, and a coach that will actually let Moss run the routes he runs best. When I watched Moss play in Oakland, they threw the ball deep to him like once a game, and then gave him some short passes, and then ignored him for the rest of the game. I think he just tired of it, along with the horrible QB play.

However, if you have a mediocre QB, you *better* be a winning team, or Moss won't play for you.
Now that is the type of player I want on my team. Try only when you are winning.

I hope Moss realizes that he has to do his part to help the team to win.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Now that is the type of player I want on my team. Try only when you are winning.

I hope Moss realizes that he has to do his part to help the team to win.
I just said that it doesn't have to only be a winning team. I said that it has to be a good QB, or a winning team.

Anyways, obviously Moss isn't as bad as a teammate as you'd like to make him seem... why the hell would Doug Gabriel have asked the Pats to trade for him if that was true? It would have moved Gabriel down the depth chart, and he wasn't even a starter then, either.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

his skills beingn diminished are vastly overrated i believe, he has only 2 seasons under 1000 yds out of 10, and i dont know how anyone can blame his poor stats and lazy attitude on him...he had bad qb play the 2 years he was under 1000 yds....

marvin harrison is still playingg at a high level, why are all of you so stuck on the idea he's washed up like he's 38 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
marvin harrison is still playingg at a high level, why are all of you so stuck on the idea he's washed up like he's 38 years old
Did anyone say that?...
Old 03-15-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Better than Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and 30 other receivers?
The only person on that list that was as good as Moss at his best was Marvin Harrison, and Terrell Owens. The other guys are a joke even to be mentioned, as if they are near as good as Moss can be.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-15-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we could get him in Tennessee, we need a reciever bad, and having one of the best in the game would really help with the development of Vince. It would never happen though

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Did anyone say that?...
the first thing out of almost everyone's mouth was that he has diminished skills, and they say it as if he's not a good WR anymore....im askingg what evidence proves that he's as bad as everyone makes it out to be....because in his first 10 years, its not many wr's that match up with those numbers, and i didnt see any sign of him slowing down....he's not the WR he was in 99, but he's still a top 10 wr in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'd be welcome across the bay

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want him messign with the Eagles chemistry, no way!

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love how two intelligent posters give their opinions and then all of a sudden the moss haters are gone :D

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what do u think? I would love to have him back.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only person on that list that was as good as Moss at his best was Marvin Harrison, and Terrell Owens. The other guys are a joke even to be mentioned, as if they are near as good as Moss can be.
Fitzgerald has had a 1300 yd season, hes likely to repeat

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I don't want him messign with the Eagles chemistry, no way!

What chemistry might that be???
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
the first thing out of almost everyone's mouth was that he has diminished skills, and they say it as if he's not a good WR anymore....im askingg what evidence proves that he's as bad as everyone makes it out to be....because in his first 10 years, its not many wr's that match up with those numbers, and i didnt see any sign of him slowing down....he's not the WR he was in 99, but he's still a top 10 wr in the NFL
But why are you bringing this up when the only post in this thread about Harrison was by EA, saying he's better than Moss.

You make no sense.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss has plenty left in the tank. Its hard to be a deep threat when your oline can't block beyond 1.5 seconds, and your qb wouldn't even be a 3rd stringer on most teams.

His attitude is an obvious problem. But the man can still to this day, flat out play. Put him on a decent team, and watch him fly.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. With his contract and attitudinal problems, nobody would want him.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No thank you. The Giants have enough divas to last a life time. We don't need another.

It would be killer to have him and Plax though, but I think the cons outweigh the pros..
imagine the problems moss and plax would have. throw ME the ball! no eli THROW ME the ball.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepunch View Post
imagine the problems moss and plax would have. throw ME the ball! no eli THROW ME the ball.

Hahaha and Eli wouldnt be able to get it to either of them. Thatd be the funniest part.
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Oh, hell yeah.

Quote:
Quote:
Fitz is good, and if you gave Andre Johnson a better team he'd be a top WR too. In their prime though I'd say Moss was better than all of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
Hahaha and Eli wouldnt be able to get it to either of them. Thatd be the funniest part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY5POA4lp8Y

He has a strong arm and can throw a good deep ball, idiot.

Last edited by dhoe20 : 03-15-2007 at 05:29 PM.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

i still find it amazing he was able to get 42 catches in our "offense" last season. if i was a gm for another team i would only want him if he restructured his contract.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote