Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 06-30-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Hahahahahaha! I remember that!

I think KVB was in the middle of that. He tore off his jersey, ripped out a Rams player's spine, and then wore the guy's entrails around his neck while howling at the top of his lungs like a motha' f*ckin' banshee norse god of thunder as onlookers sat in utter astonishment.

That's just a loose rendering though...
didnt he just do his finish him move from mortal combat?
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Simms got busted for a DUI.

Aside from principle, does anybody really care? :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:57 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess we'll find out if Jeff Fisher cares around cut time.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always thought it'd be VY, Collins, and then either Simms/rookie. I think this gives a definite edge to the Rustinator. Chris Davis got cut last year after a DUI, if I remember correctly.

Also, Lane Kiffin tried to hire Kennedy Pola as the Trojans RB Coach, but he turned down their offer. No way would Pola take that job while USC is in sanctionville and leave the Titans when he has the opportunity to put CJ on his coaching resume along with MoJo Drew and Fred Taylor. Pola is a USC alumnus (played FB there), so I could see a move happening when they come off probation. That's only if Pola has a true desire to coach for his alma mater though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Simms is the worst quarterback on the planet. The only thing bad about him getting a DUI is that he didn't suffer a career ending injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of Steves death. RIP

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...y-of-his-death

P.S all these Raven photos of Steve need to be burned. He was never and will never, be a Raven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out the E-60 video.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth

Quote:
Old 07-23-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

:50 second mark.

Quote:
Old 07-24-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Don't worry Doughie-Wan. We're all here with you in spirit.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

KBull... :'(

Also, just some thoughts I have on the issue of Pola leaving for USC:

- First off, I'm not worried about the RB Coach spot for the Titans. RB Coach, in my opinion, is the least impactful positional coach there is. Nevertheless, they won't find an upgrade over Pola at this point. Dinger could easily be the interim RB Coach for this season and the Titans will be fine. In fact, with how much Dinger was wanting to work with CJ on his pass-catching last year, that actually may work out very well if it allows an apportunity for Dinger to coach that up in CJ.

- I think it's not only significant that an established football coach has outright said that he didn't like something Lane Kiffin did and criticized Kiffin to the media, but even more so since Fisher is a USC alumnus. If there's one point when a college HC would tread cautiously when recruiting pro coaches, it would seem to be most important when the team you're picking from's HC is a well known alumnus from your university - and maybe even booster.

- I gotta think the new AD at USC may've played a part in Pola's change of attitude. Maybe they're friends, former team mates, or have an established working relationship from the past? Just speculation cause I haven't done the research, but Garrett seemingly keeping the train off the tracks wasn't helping.

- The "Offensive Coordinator" is a faux title, in my view. It'll be Kiffin's offense and it'll run through him. But by adding on OC, the prestige of the position increased drastically and the salary got a nice bonus. It'll be good on the job experience for Pola and a good resume builder for future jobs though, since that USC offense should be good with all that talent at the skill positions. Pola will probably coach RB's and likely have more of an asst. HC role than OC, but I guess there's plenty of shaded area between these roles.

- Kind've adding on to the tangent above, but USC doesn't get Pola without fabricating the OC position for him. If it's just "USC RB Coach," like it was a few months ago when he denied them, then Pola would still be in the comfiest RB Coaching position in the NFL right now. That was the only way for Kiffin to get his man, and he found a way by offering him the position of "USC Offensive Coordinator." But...even though I think the whole OC thing is a sham of sorts, it should still be stated that USC chose Kennedy Pola as their Offensive Coordinator. Let that sink in. Not only that, but he turned them down until they upped the prestige and money despite being an alumnus. Pola is a great hire at RB Coach, but at OC? Not so much. They should've gotten someone a lot better at OC and should've been able to get Pola at RB Coach, but since they didn't...then it could mean that they just couldn't and shows the state of their program currently.

- With the way Kiffin handled taking a position coach away from a USC alumnus, it leads me to believe that a lot of the things he did were out of inexperience or just plain ignorance. A lot of the, "Kiffin has a plan! He's doing all of this on purpose!" banter has taken another big hit for me.

- I believe Pola formerly served on the USC coaching staff way back when, so he has college coaching experience. Nevertheless, he's been in the NFL for a while now. It's gonna be interesting to see how he adapts back to the college game and recruiting, especially under guys like Kiffin and Orgeron.

- I'll try to end it with this last one. I don't think taking this job will hurt Pola in any way possible - unless he commits a **** ton of recruiting violations and gets USC the death penalty. That'll definitely hurt him. But he's unquestioned as a RB Coach (even though I'm iffy on their importance, I'll give it to him), so even if the Kiffin tenure flops, he'll have a spot whether in the NFL or college. But, I still think the NFL was his best spot. He had better job security under the longest tenured HC in the NFL, had the best RB in the NFL at his disposal, and had an awesome OL for his guys to run behind. At USC, he doesn't have that. I think Kiffin's job security took a hit when Garrett was fired and Haden took over and showed his stature by giving up Reggie Bush's Heisman. He has a budding star apparently in Dillon Baxter, but he had that with CJ and with the scholarship reductions, filling out the OL with great players will be difficult (During USC's run, their skill players got the credit - but it was the OL that was the backbone of their success). And he'll have to deal with recruiting and pulling his own there. It just seems like a big risk to me, and I know these guys are competitive, but Kiffin's tenure looks boom or bust to me now that the NCAA brought the hammer down - Is that really the wagon you wanna hitch the next 3-5 years of your career up to?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

too bad byner went to jacksonville, at least i think he is still there, would be cool to have an ecu rb coaching an ecu rb again :)
Old 07-24-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Eh, Byner didn't get much out of LenDale or Chris Henry though. Part of the reason he was let go was because he was wanting a bigger contract, and Fisher didn't think he was worth it.

We probably should've just paid him in hindsight, but these things happen. We'll be fine. And like I said, the more time Dinger and CJ spend together, the better.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ooooooo I got the bug. Can't wait for the season to start. Its been a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:52 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guys i need info on TC who is looking sexy
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
guys i need info on TC who is looking sexy

All you need:
http://twitter.com/jwyattsports

BTW: another pick and another chance as the starting corner for ATV. Looks like he isnt going to give up that number 1 role to McCourty without a fight.

Quote:

Last edited by DoughBoy : 08-04-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

So I was at a house party last night, and I was catching up with this (hot) girl from high school. She mentioned she was going to Samford, and I practically yell out, "THAT'S WHERE CORTLAND FINNEGAN WENT TO!!!"

She looked at me funny, and went, "Who?" I go, "Cortland Finnegan! He plays for the Tennessee Titans. Watch for #31 on defense. He'll be the black, irish guy picking fights!" And she goes, "Oh, I probably won't ever see him. I hate the Titans..."

Heart...broken...

Turns out she was a Giants fan, but unlike Joe M. Charlie, I will totally get with a girl that's not a Titans fan. I'll convert the womenz. It's all good though. She's a hot blonde that's hella ditzy - you guys know the type. I was convincing her that AIDS was created because HIV absorbed leprosy, making a super disease, by the end of the night. That's why there's so much "fun monkey disease" and not so much leprosy nowadays.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:58 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha very nice.

I will be at the Sp. 2 betweens Saints and Titans, any tips or best seating areas to watch?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Not in the circle spots! I've been to one Titans game ever (:(), and my dad and I sat in one of those corners in the nose bleeds. The section was rowdy though, which was cool.

I'm still wanting to go, if I have enough money. Hopefully get Club or Lower level seats, since it's a preseason game.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah my dad makes bank so I should be good on lower level easily.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Club level is definitely best.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:14 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see Bullock playing for anyone but the Titans. It pisses me off!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Sooo... LGB took a swing at Erik Bakhtiaktiakhtiari last night during practice...

Quote:
The Tennessee Titans rookie running back took a swing at teammate Eric Bakhtiari(notes) after a testy practice on Wednesday night during which numerous Titans players scuffled with one another, according to The Tennessean. Blount was the ball carrier on one play and had his helmet ripped off as the action was whistled dead. He stormed away to the end zone while other players pushed and shoved, seemingly avoiding any conflict. But when Blount walked back to the scrum, defensive end Eric Bakhtiari whispered something in his ear, Blount gave him a shove and then punched him in the facemask, a scene very similar to what happened last September when he was at Oregon and he clocked Boise State linebacker Byron Hout after the game.

Blount immediately apologized to Titans coach Jeff Fisher, saying he promised to put this behind him. Fisher accepted the apology.

"I am not disappointed whatsoever," Fisher said. "His past is his past. [...] I have great confidence in the young man that he has learned from his mistake and is very competitive."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-263567

I'm ok with shrugging it off. It's not unusual for Titans practices to get really testy, and it looks like Bakhtiari instigated it. LGB has to keep his cool though. You can blow your top in practice, but if this happens in the football field, he'll cost us a penalty and him a meeting with Goodell.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah, it's no biggie........ yet.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Hey! He could've beaten up a stripper or had a mental breakdown!

As a Titans fan, you always have to look at the cup as half-full. Cause if you don't, you'll go crazy.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Just saw on ESPN that Chris Mortensen said we were in talks with the Redskins about trading for Albert Haynesworth. Said the only hold up was the Titans didn't like the compensation right now.

I'm thinking... Jovan Haye and a 2011 3rd would be the max.