Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-05-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Its funny that Infante made the team. But that's what you get when the game has meaning now. Infante can play 7 positions in the field and hit. Its valuable to have a guy like that if the game goes into extras.
They have the re-entry rule this year. The NL could easily throw Martin Prado in at most positions in the unlikely event that it needed to.

It's a complete joke for Infante to have made the team over Joey Votto and a half dozen others.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manuel also didn't include Pelfrey and Latos because they were "Sunday" guys. He didn't realize he could name them as All Stars and then later replace them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
They have the re-entry rule this year. The NL could easily throw Martin Prado in at most positions in the unlikely event that it needed to.

It's a complete joke for Infante to have made the team over Joey Votto and a half dozen others.
I've never seen Prado play outfield but I get what you're saying. Infante making it is a complete joke, but I understand why he's there. Anyways the All Star Game is a joke in its own right. It shouldn't decide anything. The only change that needed to be made was to get rid of tie games.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I've never seen Prado play outfield but I get what you're saying. Infante making it is a complete joke, but I understand why he's there. Anyways the All Star Game is a joke in its own right. It shouldn't decide anything. The only change that needed to be made was to get rid of tie games.
I love Infante, and I wish he were still in Detroit, but he has no business in an all-star game.

And there should be absolutely no reason a manager would run out of players anymore now that there are no pitchers batting.

As usual, I am just miffed by the entire selection process. It makes no sense at all. Ever.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love Infante, and I wish he were still in Detroit, but he has no business in an all-star game.

And there should be absolutely no reason a manager would run out of players anymore now that there are no pitchers batting.

As usual, I am just miffed by the entire selection process. It makes no sense at all. Ever.
And that's why the ASG sucks ass

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
What happened to Jimenez? I thought he was up to 14 wins
Well his strikeouts have come down, walks are going up, and his BABIP is creeping back towards normal. I think it's safe to assume his regression will continue for a little longer.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the thing that pisses me off the most is that the baseball All Star game is special and yet they ruin it. MLB all star game is much better than the other sports because the game is played the same way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-05-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew Oliver gets the worst defense I have ever seen for a rookie starter.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

What the ****, Tigers?

What the ****!?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
That's the thing that pisses me off the most is that the baseball All Star game is special and yet they ruin it. MLB all star game is much better than the other sports because the game is played the same way.
I hate all of the all-star games.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Honestly, what the ****, Detroit?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colin Cowherd was saying that the fans, players and Manuel were right to leave out Joey Votto because he isn't well known outside of Cincinnati.

Umm....the ASG was made originally to show off the hidden players of MLB back before there was ESPN, Fox Sport, MLB Network and the internet.
Oh much of a douche idiot can you be Colin?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Colin Cowherd was saying that the fans, players and Manuel were right to leave out Joey Votto because he isn't well known outside of Cincinnati.

Umm....the ASG was made originally to show off the hidden players of MLB back before there was ESPN, Fox Sport, MLB Network and the internet.
I agree with Colin. Names like Omar Infante will really boost television ratings. Chicks dig the infield single, baby.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post

Go read some old FJM stuff on Colin, and you'll understand why he's a total dumbass when it comes to baseball.

Quote:
Honestly, what the ****, Detroit?
Time to call Sizemore back up and DH Guillen for the rest of the season, and do something with Magglio.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-05-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Time to call Sizemore back up and DH Guillen for the rest of the season, and do something with Magglio.
No. Stop being so reactionary.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
No. Stop being so reactionary.
Stop being so reactionary? Guillen is ******* pitiful at second and has been for weeks, and I'm tired of watching his dead ass attempt to field it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-05-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Stop being so reactionary? Guillen is ******* pitiful at second and has been for weeks, and I'm tired of watching his dead ass attempt to field it.
He is not the problem.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
He is not the problem.
HES THE PROBLEM WHEN HE IS IN THE FIELD. Oliver did not pitch well today, but his defense really screwed him over.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-05-2010, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't know whether to be excited or disgusted at this game
Old 07-05-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

15 runs in 2 innings. Fun game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-05-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go read some old FJM stuff on Colin, and you'll understand why he's a total dumbass when it comes to baseball.
Cowherd is a total dumbass when it comes to sports, which is ironic seeing as how he hosts a nationally broadcasts sports talk radio show as well as a morning show on ESPN. He is from the Skip Bayless school of say nonsensical contrary things to incite riots.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
HES THE PROBLEM WHEN HE IS IN THE FIELD. Oliver did not pitch well today, but his defense really screwed him over.
You are the problem. Your negativity is contagious to the team.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
15 runs in 2 innings. Fun game.
Fun is one word. There are others ...
Old 07-05-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
You are the problem. Your negativity is contagious to the team.
You're more negative than I am.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-05-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gallardo won't pitch in the All Star Game.