Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-05-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
It's really not the best comedy ever. It's great, but it's too up and down for my taste. The best comedies to me are ones that remain consistently funny every episode, and that typically have some depth to them.

That said, it's certainly had some of the all-time funniest moments in a comedy show I've ever seen. (see: Greenman and the Nightman).
Ill give you that the show has little depth, but quite frankly, there are enough cliched romantic/forced/awful comedies out there nowadays that I quite enjoy that Sunny isnt bogged down by that stuff. In fact, I think thats why its so damn rewatchable. Its just pure hilarity, all the time.

As far as the show having down episodes, the only episode I havent seen a million times is The Gang Cracks The Liberty Bell. Other then that,they are all golden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pooping the bed episode is absolutely atrocious.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Would anyone who posts in here regularly be interested in a Make-A-Show Competition similar to the way we have done the Make-A-Movie competitions in the past? Ie draft a creator/writer (s), actors, network, and a premise?
Of course.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did they change the show times on True Blood or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ill give you that the show has little depth, but quite frankly, there are enough cliched romantic/forced/awful comedies out there nowadays that I quite enjoy that Sunny isnt bogged down by that stuff. In fact, I think thats why its so damn rewatchable. Its just pure hilarity, all the time.

As far as the show having down episodes, the only episode I havent seen a million times is The Gang Cracks The Liberty Bell. Other then that,they are all golden.
I enjoy all the old episodes b/c I missed them the 1st time around. And you see the character development & the relationships (sketchy as they are) between the 5 Gang members.

Charlie Day btw still steals the show in most of those, old or new, gets the really good (by that I mean psychotic & deranged) one-liners & comes up with the most crazy-ass schemes right on up to Kitten Mittens last yr. When Charlie is the brains of your outfit, you're in serious trouble.

Kristen Olson was funnier in the older episodes too, the 4 guys dumped on her more, she was funny as a worthless Bennigan's waitress. The one last night when they started their own band was pretty awful, though I admit LMAO at Charlie as Bob Dylan reborn. Danny Devito is doing a variation IMO on his old late 70s character of Louie Dumbrowski the dispatcher from Taxi.

Is their director Fred Savage the same one who was the actor in the Wonder Yrs?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Did they change the show times on True Blood or what?
no new episode because it was July 4th

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Started season one of Angel and so far so good, I have all ready watched all of Buffy multiple times but never got around to watching Angel for whatever reason in till now.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Season one of Angel is really weak and too un-serialized in comparison to the rest of the series, which is far more consistent (at least in my opinion) than Buffy ever was.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 07-06-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: lousy wording
Old 07-06-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deadliest Catch has been intense the last few weeks.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm almost done with Arrested Development and I can't believe it took me this long to start watching this show. Tobias is one of my favorite TV characters ever.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:41 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm almost done with Arrested Development and I can't believe it took me this long to start watching this show. Tobias is one of my favorite TV characters ever.
I just blue myself.

He said some wonderful things.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...60#post2219660

Go sign up if you are interested.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For you Futurama lovers,

Old 07-07-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The pooping the bed episode is absolutely atrocious.
That episode is solid, Artemis's 'detective speech' deducing who pooped the bed is awesome.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
For you Futurama lovers,

Pure brilliance. Bender is the King!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:50 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Southland would come back on.

Re: Angel I am somewhere in season 3. However, I have not seen a single episode of Buffy. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong but oh well.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yeah, same here. I finished it in about 4-5 days. I'm just disappointed that I can't go back and support the show when it was on the air.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

The Steve Carell on Stephen Colbert interview is amazing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-07-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I have been meaning to getting around to Dexter, and I am working on Season 1 and it is pretty damn kick ass.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

http://yfrog.com/596xbuj

They're gettin the band back together (Firefly nerds).

Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
http://yfrog.com/596xbuj

They're gettin the band back together (Firefly nerds).
Massive fap commence in....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

FIREFLY! AHHHH! It should come back. Tomorrow.
Quote:
Old 07-07-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
FIREFLY! AHHHH! It should come back. Tomorrow.
It should come back yesterday.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Also guys get your asses in the create-a-show competition.