Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 01-23-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
lancer

I also like Norv. He's done a good job, maybe not great but definately good. I don't blame the teams lack of physical toughness on Norv. Remember those Dallas teams ran the ball very physically. I think the problem is that LT can no longer make the first tackler miss and he was never a physical runner that could run over people.

I get tired of hearing about how great Marty Shottenheimer was. His teams were also slow starters every year and he always played big games not to lose instead of to win. Before his last year in SD everyone wanted him gone except Spanos. One good year didn't change what I thought of Marty as a coach. Plus you don't see anybody else lining up to hire him, that should tell you something.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Norv is not the reason

Playas didn't play. Keading Choked (I still love the guy)....Rivers made a crucial mistake. Norv did not lose us that game.

We need to address the running game with a new #21 (though he would never wear that # in a bolt uniform)....I hope AJ pulls the trigger with Dwyer, he would replace Burner in the hearts of Bolts fans. Also, a RT to compete for the starting job.

Cro needs to go, him pulling up and not taking on Shonn Greene let out season slip away. We need Cason in there, the anti Cro when it comes to physicality. I wouldn't mind keeping lights out one more year to let English develop further. If Rivera stays our D will be fine, he did a heck of a job without the most important position in a 3-4 all year.

Norv gives us a chance in the playoffs, Shotty was a choker and let the pressure and his conservatism get to him.
bergo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well it's come to this. LT has decided to burn some bridges on the way out.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...medium=twitter

Unemotional summary: He didn't feel like he was part of the team, didn't get enough carries, wasn't used properly, young players entering the league do not have the same values, no sense of family, too many changes, won't take a paycut.

Sigh. It was literally two weeks ago that this was the best team he'd ever been on and he was talking about finally getting a ring. He's not 100% wrong but there's a skewed perspective here that's tough to miss. Sorry to see this happen.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:13 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey what would you guys think about this trade, if L.T. does in fact leave this offseason.

Baltimore Ravens trade Willis McGahee for Malcom Floyd.

I think it's a fair trade. Both guys were #2's behind a better player on there old team (Ray Rice & Vincent Jackson) and if they were to get traded, both would have bigger roles.

I think a duo of Sproles and McGahee would actually be pretty interesting.

And what do you guys have to say of Floyd? Can he be a #1 in this league? or is he a complimentry WR?
Old 02-08-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
hey what would you guys think about this trade, if L.T. does in fact leave this offseason.

Baltimore Ravens trade Willis McGahee for Malcom Floyd.

I think it's a fair trade. Both guys were #2's behind a better player on there old team (Ray Rice & Vincent Jackson) and if they were to get traded, both would have bigger roles.

I think a duo of Sproles and McGahee would actually be pretty interesting.

And what do you guys have to say of Floyd? Can he be a #1 in this league? or is he a complimentry WR?
Floyd's value is definitely higher than McGahee's right now, Baltimore would have to throw in a pick. I like it if the Charger FO decides to think short term but would prefer they actually just drafted a blue chip RB. Willis obviously has something left in the tank but you can't imagine it will last too much longer.

I love Floyd, I keep reading rumors about Baltimore giving up their #2 straight up for him and honestly it would be worth it. He is very polished as a route runner, with silk hands and obviously a gigantic frame/wingspan. Seems like a perfect match with Flacco if not Rivers. I do believe he can be a number 1 in this league, because he has developed into a true matchup nightmare, a 6'5 receiver who actually uses his size to win matchups and can get to any spot on the field.

I would take a 2nd rounder (just because the Bolts have a million needs and already have Jackson/Gates/Naanee) but any lower and he's flat out worth keeping.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it was a 2nd I'd do it, but I love Floyd and would rather keep him.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.bergo23 could make a wolverine purr.
Default Floyd

If Charlie Joiner says he can become #1, you betta believe dat!!!! I know he will always be overshadowed by VJ...but we need the guy, especially with a running game makeover likely in 2010.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

Since there isn't alot of discussion from you charger fans on here im guessing that some of the rumors i've been hearing about the chargers must not be true then.

Rumor #1.
The chargers trade for Marshawn Lynch and give the Bills their 2nd round pick that intyrn use to pick Toby Gerhart and use him as a support back to Fred Jackson.

Rumor #2
The Chargers have Cromartie(sp?) on the Trade block Looking to get a top end RB in return.

Like usual these are just rumors floating around but i'm hearing them all the way in Ohio and these have come from national reporters that cover the NFL.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkpba View Post
Since there isn't alot of discussion from you charger fans on here im guessing that some of the rumors i've been hearing about the chargers must not be true then.

Rumor #1.
The chargers trade for Marshawn Lynch and give the Bills their 2nd round pick that intyrn use to pick Toby Gerhart and use him as a support back to Fred Jackson.

Rumor #2
The Chargers have Cromartie(sp?) on the Trade block Looking to get a top end RB in return.

Like usual these are just rumors floating around but i'm hearing them all the way in Ohio and these have come from national reporters that cover the NFL.
Both of those rumors have floated over here. Cro is dead man walking in SD he will be gone somehow. Lynch, just one of many possibilities but I don't think AJ Smith would send over a 2nd for him.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

still need a Chargers GM for a forum mock thing:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38839

post here to join

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the Super Chargers looking at a RB in rd 1? Your thoughts please.
I like Detroit to take one @ #34 (possibly Best, Matthews or Dwyer) but San Diego is one of those teams toward the back of the draft that also might be eyeing a RB, curious which one is "the guy"?
Old 03-07-2010, 07:40 AM    (permalink
bergo23
Rookie

Default Likely RB or NT

If Dan Williams or Cody are there (unlikely because of the scarcity for the position) maybe, otherwise, its likely a RB.

I wish they would spring for a RT in Ducasse.

My best guess for their top RB available would be Matthews.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

congrats on signing marcus mason. he was a fan favorite in DC but never really given much of a shot and didnt really fit shanahans one cut running system. i hope he gets a shot at earning some playing time with you guys.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
congrats on signing marcus mason. he was a fan favorite in DC but never really given much of a shot and didnt really fit shanahans one cut running system. i hope he gets a shot at earning some playing time with you guys.
I am pretty curious about him I have to admit. He is probably going to be RB3 but who knows. His college highlights are alright but basically all I've seen of him.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious... looking at the draft, and knowing you need a RB, why wouldn't the Chargers pay their late second rounder and grab Pierre Thomas?

Not that I want them too, and the Saints would most likely match, but you could keep your first rounder and still get a terrific back, particularly for the system since he plays a lot like a poor man's Tomlinson.

He's a guy that had 100 yards receiving and rushing in the same game before!

I just see a lot of people mocking a RB to them in the first round, and I think a DL and PierreThomas would be much much better than something like Ryan Matthews and a second round DL.

Thoughts?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Just curious... looking at the draft, and knowing you need a RB, why wouldn't the Chargers pay their late second rounder and grab Pierre Thomas?

Not that I want them too, and the Saints would most likely match, but you could keep your first rounder and still get a terrific back, particularly for the system since he plays a lot like a poor man's Tomlinson.

He's a guy that had 100 yards receiving and rushing in the same game before!

I just see a lot of people mocking a RB to them in the first round, and I think a DL and PierreThomas would be much much better than something like Ryan Matthews and a second round DL.

Thoughts?

I like Thomas, but I'm certain he would look much worse running behind the Chargers' OL. If they trade another 2nd for him, lock him up, and he only ends up averaging 3.5 YPC behind a bad run-blocking OL, it will not have been worth it. Whereas a rookie RB comes more cheaply.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good point, but when the Saints line was porous, he was still running for around 4.5ish.

He's the type that will get you good production in any scheme, but will never be a superstar I think.

Look at him compared to Reggie... when we had a weak run blocking team, Reggie was right under 4 yards, and Pierre was at 4.8. When we got it fixed, Pierre was at 5.4, with a long of 34 yards, because he does all his damage in the 5-15 yard runs... Reggie with good blocking shot up to 5.6, because he was more dangerous once he was in the second level.

Pierre is an excellent receiver, though he's lacking as a blocker(not on ability or effort, he just seems lost). I just thought if I were a GM, a proven runner that is a great receiver as well would be worth it for a late second.

Even still, he's young, with extremely low mileage, and even if the line isn't fully fixed this year, he can definitely be the back of the future, or certainly part of a dominant tandem.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

I wouldn't object to signing Pierre Thomas that much, but there are a couple other things in play:

1. Money: the SD FO is notoriously unspendy/will be saving its cash to extend our numerous RFA, instead of paying Pierre franchise back caliber dough. In that same vein, rookie salaries are subjugated and cheaper in general.

2. AJ Smith just believes in his own drafting skills. I would bet dollars to dimes that the man believes he can snag a quality NT and RB in the draft and not have to deal with any other team. And if not...

3. Trades are more likely, with guys like Lynch and (in my dreams and the occasional rumor) Deangelo Williams out there and already under contract.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on Vincent Jackson's suspension?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers sign Cam Thomas
Old 07-28-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Boogie down
Old 07-28-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Boogie down
Don't tell me what to do!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get Out Of Here Vidae You Dont Even Go Here!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

So Ryan Mathews has been pretty goddam sexy so far.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's too bad that the Chiefs D is going to have to put that rookie in his place!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote