Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-09-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
A Yankee fan thinking a trade was bad because a team dare turn down the Yanks? Color me shocked......
I'm just trying to look at it logically. I think both deals were really good. Not that the Rangers blew the Yankees out of the water. It really doesn't matter. We'll probably beat the Rangers in the playoffs, sign Lee in the offseason, and the Rangers will use those draft picks to draft two guys who they'll trade in the future to not help them win a World Series.

In the end if he didn't go to the Twins or Rays, I'm happy.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Check your PMs good sir.
Sexy pictures of Beaven?
Old 07-09-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm just trying to look at it logically. I think both deals were really good. Not that the Rangers blew the Yankees out of the water. It really doesn't matter. We'll probably beat the Rangers in the playoffs, sign Lee in the offseason, and the Rangers will use those draft picks to draft two guys who they'll trade in the future to not help them win a World Series.

In the end if he didn't go to the Twins or Rays, I'm happy.
Wasn't actually taking a shot at you, being that you're one of good Yankee fans who's opinion I actually value, but its more of the mindset of the Yankee fans. No other offer could be better then ours. The Adams kid has injury concerns and Smoak is a much better prospect in a position of need for Seattle. This trade could very well be a threat to the Yanks in that Lee has shown how valuable in a series he can be and with that Texas pop............

Thats it I'm hopping on the Rangers' bandwagon

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Yankees are apparently PISSED at the Mariners for the way they handled the situation.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
The Yankees are apparently PISSED at the Mariners for the way they handled the situation.
They got used by Seattle to get a better deal. Frankly I love it!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Should be mad at Adams for failing a physical.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wasn't actually taking a shot at you, being that you're one of good Yankee fans who's opinion I actually value, but its more of the mindset of the Yankee fans. No other offer could be better then ours. The Adams kid has injury concerns and Smoak is a much better prospect in a position of need for Seattle. This trade could very well be a threat to the Yanks in that Lee has shown how valuable in a series he can be and with that Texas pop............

Thats it I'm hopping on the Ranger bandwagon
The Adams injury is an ankle thing. I didn't think it was too serious. He might not play for a few more weeks, but in the long term I don't think it's a real issue. Smoak is a much better prospect than Montero? Montero isn't having a good year in AAA but Smoak isn't really tearing up the big leagues. Montero is also 3 years younger and most services ranked his long term value better than Smoak's before the season.

Lee is more valuable in a 5 game series. Yanks are likely to play the central winner in the division series. Lee beat us twice last WS and we still won, against probably a better team than Texas will field now.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The Adams injury is an ankle thing. I didn't think it was too serious. He might not play for a few more weeks, but in the long term I don't think it's a real issue. Smoak is a much better prospect than Montero? Montero isn't having a good year in AAA but Smoak isn't really tearing up the big leagues. Montero is also 3 years younger and most services ranked his long term value better than Smoak's before the season.

Lee is more valuable in a 5 game series. Yanks are likely to play the central winner in the division series. Lee beat us twice last WS and we still won, against probably a better team than Texas will field now.
Seattle is need of a 1B of the future, Montero is a C so my assessment stands.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-09-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seattle is need of a 1B of the future, [b[Montero is a C[/b] so my assessment stands.
Is he? He might be a DH.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Seattle is need of a 1B of the future, Montero is a C so my assessment stands.
I look at him as a 1B/DH. Even if they look at him as a C, that would make him even more valuable because apparently thats what they wanted all along.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Love My Rangers!!!!! :d
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Is he? He might be a DH.
I'm going off what position he's playing right now, I'm not speculating what he will project too. Frankly I don't believe Seattle was as "into" the Yankees' package as thought, they merely used the media and internet to drum up more interest.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-09-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They got used by Seattle to get a better deal. Frankly I love it!
It's genius, any time the Y word and trade talks are used in the same sentance, teams start to pick up the phone and offer their entire farm system.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll miss the potential of Smoak. Won't miss his current contributions though. The pitchers we lost were expendable. I didn't see Blake living up to his draft spot. He's a big name because he was a first round pick, but his game is weak. Perez, Scheppers, Main, Font or Kiker would've been bigger damage. Haven't even heard of the other prospects.

Hello Cliff Lee!!!! ...and welcome back Chris Davis!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, you traded Main to San Fran.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
D, you traded Main to San Fran.
Oh. I've been out of it. Molina for Main? Fair deal.

If Lee doesn't resign, then this will be a nightmare trade.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excited to see Strasburg pitch today against the hot Giants. Posey has been on fire. Probably the best young pitcher and catcher in the game right now

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you think a realistic package is for Dan Haren to Minnesota?
Old 07-09-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oh. I've been out of it. Molina for Main? Fair deal.
You and I have very different views of fair.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good god, this team is so frustrating to watch right now. Can't believe we let these two teams back into the race. We need someone to come in and charge some life into the Twins in the very worst way. Body language from everyone is just miserable.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
What do you think a realistic package is for Dan Haren to Minnesota?

You lay off Haren, I want him on the Mets. But I haven't heard anything new since the first rumors of him being shopped though.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to sex Cliff Lee over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is amazing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Francisco Liriano got lit up today !
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I want to sex Cliff Lee over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again
I remember when I said that :'(

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote