Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-10-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Its only like 100 pages so whatever ill just read it. Why dont you like it?
I thought it was boring. And just because it's his worst, doesnt mean it's necessarily bad.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noooooooo my post was the last one damn you Brent :(

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a $95 late fee at TOSU library...

I don't intend on paying that until I graduate...so they can suck it 'til then, then I will suck it before I graduate.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite book.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post

And I currently am reading...

Think Buddhism combined with science. This book is awesome.
I couldn't get through this. The Tao of Physics, on the other hand, it pretty awesome.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure it has been posted before, but you can't contain the awesomeness that is:

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

malaka, read some David Hume

Old 07-10-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm sure it has been posted before, but you can't contain the awesomeness that is:

**** yeah. Speaker for the Dead is also awesome.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Go away please.
Twilight is better than the books you listed.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is one of the few required reading books I read in high school that I actually enjoyed.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Twilight is better than the books you listed.
I know you're just baiting me, but I still feel like my brain is trying to escape through my ears when I consider your statement.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a huge Bret Easton Ellis fan so I went out and bought his new book Imperial Bedrooms on the day of its release and meh. Not good. The thing I love about BEE is the humor he can somehow find in all of his books, I find them genuinely laugh out loud funny while having some of the best social satire commentary weaved in these crazy story lines, but with Imperial...did not even crack a smile once.

Also seemed to be absolutely pointless to call it a sequel to his first book, Less Than Zero. Only thing that was the same were the names. Literally the only part I enjoyed were the first 5 pages and the last few sentences, it was so bad in between I almost had the impression that they used a ghost writer. Hopefully my favorite current author gets back to form with his next book...if he makes a next.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Also seemed to be absolutely pointless to call it a sequel to his first book, Less Than Zero.
I need to read that again.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I am a huge Bret Easton Ellis fan so I went out and bought his new book Imperial Bedrooms on the day of its release and meh. Not good. The thing I love about BEE is the humor he can somehow find in all of his books, I find them genuinely laugh out loud funny while having some of the best social satire commentary weaved in these crazy story lines, but with Imperial...did not even crack a smile once.

Also seemed to be absolutely pointless to call it a sequel to his first book, Less Than Zero. Only thing that was the same were the names. Literally the only part I enjoyed were the first 5 pages and the last few sentences, it was so bad in between I almost had the impression that they used a ghost writer. Hopefully my favorite current author gets back to form with his next book...if he makes a next.
Im a huge fan of BEE as well, but recently hes become a bit of a parody of his former self. Hes very involved in the Hollywood/socialite scene and such, which is something he used to critisize deeply in his novels. Hes lost alot of his bite, and his last few books havent been the same. That said, his early novels are still magnificent. I just bought a copy of Less Then Zero not long ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Im a huge fan of BEE as well, but recently hes become a bit of a parody of his former self. Hes very involved in the Hollywood/socialite scene and such, which is something he used to critisize deeply in his novels. Hes lost alot of his bite, and his last few books havent been the same. That said, his early novels are still magnificent. I just bought a copy of Less Then Zero not long ago.
I loved Lunar Park, and think it worked so well because of the first part of what you said...he literally was satirizing himself. Great book.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hardcover vs paperback?!
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Hardcover vs paperback?!
paperback. it's cheaper.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm currently reading On The Road by Kerouac for the first time. Finding it difficult to put down, read over 100 pages the day I got it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am part way through it and it is a fascinating read. The idea behind the book is consciousness is THE reason the universe exists and the book attempts to prove that point through experimentation, and math among many things. It actually does a damn good job and after all the books on quantum theory I have recently read this book was a really interesting change of pace. I look forward to finishing it and I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone interested in science.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quantum's reasoning goes way beyond mathematics and experiments that rely on human consciousness are kinda pointless when they're trying to test something about consciousness.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Quantum's reasoning goes way beyond mathematics and experiments that rely on human consciousness are kinda pointless when they're trying to test something about consciousness.
I was skeptical that the author could sway me in any way just because it is impossible to prove Biocentrism as a theory right now but he does a damn good job. The book is very is depth and it is hard to argue the logic. He makes some very good points and he touches on many aspects of quantum theory that seemingly defy logic (I just finished up a chapter on quantum entanglement and 'spooky action at a distance).
Old 07-11-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The movie is good but the book is ******* amazing if you are in to this kind of stuff
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finishing this up.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post

Just finishing this up.
Brilliant ******* novel.