Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-14-2010, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I've seen every episode of Friends at least six times, and all episodes from seasons 1-8 about 35 times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The committee has decided to revoke your Man Card.
There is nothing wrong with liking Friends because it was awesome.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
There is nothing wrong with liking Friends because it was awesome, if you like to have sex with men.
You forgot that qualifier at the end.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Would you let Jayne watch?
Hell, I would let him join.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Does anyone watch Memphis Beat? Any good?
I happen to enjoy the show. Jason Lee portrays the character magnificently and the supporting characters gel superbly.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I happen to enjoy the show. Jason Lee portrays the character magnificently and the supporting characters gel superbly.
I've been waiting to hear about this. I was a fan of Earl (though Randy reminded me a lot of Jon Runyan) and I don't really watch TV shows anymore (sans The Office) so I was curious to see if Memphis Beat was worth watching.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gina Torres gets no love in the Firefly chick pantheon.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Thats cause shes like the 4th hottest chick to ever be on the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
If I had a million dollars I would do Jewel Staite and Morena Baccarin at the same time.
Quote:
Firefly gets 5 gold stars ***** for chick eye candy. Gina Torres too. Josh Whedon is a bigtime *** Rights supporter, lost his family in an famous expensive divorce over Buffy's long run of success but he has phenomenal, excellent taste in the ladies. I really wonder about the sexual gender preferences of Seth McFarlane from Family Guy though, but that's another story. Also wondered if Eliza Dushku was humping Whedon for her career, she was the only chick hotter than the star in Buffy & starred in Dollhouse, she's at least joined with Josh at the hip.

And about the chick eye candy on Friends, not too shabby, Jennifer Aniston was like the Most Attractive Girl in America per People mag or whoever a decade ago, a real only hotter Girl Next Door complete with freckles, but Courteney Cox was so smokin' hot she seared your eyeballs. She is one of those Southern girls (from my own gene pool btw, from Birmingham) who fixes those burning blue eyes on you & you just melt. Chk. her out in the very underrated film 3,000 Miles to Graceland, obviously too hot for a trailer park single mom, but still she's just stunning.....As laughtrack comedy series go Friends is very ***, just not as *** as Frasier : )

Last edited by LizardState : 07-14-2010 at 02:13 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Josh Whedon is a bigtime *** Rights supporter, lost his family in an famous expensive divorce over Buffy's long run of success but he has phenomenal, excellent taste in the ladies.
no **** amirite

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
.As laughtrack comedy series go Friends is very ***, just not as *** as Frasier : )
I'm pretty sure I have the same television and musical tastes as a middle-aged woman. I was watching Roseanne last night for an hour or so and then I realized.....what happened to me?

Old 07-14-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roseanne was the worst show. Ugh. Just awful.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least the *** shows I watch have fap material in them. But Rosanne?
And on the topic of *** shows that are guilty pleasures....
The Nanny. Fran Drescher is smokin in that show. And the butler dude is hilarious.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Roseanne was the worst show. Ugh. Just awful.
Past Season 2 Roseanne sucked balls -- on paper it should have been great with that cast (John Goodman, Sarah Chalke got all the good lines, both unknown then but they all had to start somewhere) but Roseanne kept firing writers & always kept the spotlight on herself, pretty big ego for a former trailer park hooker & drug addict. IMO she was just altogether successful standup comic who had enough material from her stage comedy to provide 1-2 season max of a laughtrack sitcom & no more.

For primetime laughtrack sitcoms you can only avoid the gayness so long, then it's overwhelmed by *** references, in-jokes, & the *** agenda. Look at Roseanne with Sandra Bernhard introduced later yrs. Gayness trumped the lower middle class poverty Rosy & Dan were trying to escape as the hook in the series & even longtime fans like me thought it was being produced for an exclusively *** audience.

Quote:
And on the topic of *** shows that are guilty pleasures....
The Nanny. Fran Drescher is smokin in that show.
I agree 100%, Fran's hotness was the only reason to watch the Nanny. I wanted to hit the mute switch though with her horrible nasal Bronx NYC accent, living proof New Yorkers have no room to make fun of other peoples' accents.

Last edited by LizardState : 07-14-2010 at 02:47 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been watching Memphis Beat and so far it is pretty good. Just a notch below The Good Guys. Rookie Blue, on the other hand, was God awful. Who ever approved that show for ABC needs to be fired.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lizard: There is also the non-stop Jew jokes which gives it a watered down Mel Brooks feel. But yeah, main reason: Fran lookin sexy.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-14-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Past Season 2 Roseanne sucked balls -- on paper it should have been great with that cast (John Goodman, Sarah Chalke got all the good lines, both unknown then but they all had to start somewhere) but Roseanne kept firing writers & always kept the spotlight on herself, pretty big ego for a former trailer park hooker & drug addict. IMO she was just altogether successful standup comic who had enough material from her stage comedy to provide 1-2 season max of a laughtrack sitcom & no more.

For primetime laughtrack sitcoms you can only avoid the gayness so long, then it's overwhelmed by *** references, in-jokes, & the *** agenda. Look at Roseanne with Sandra Bernhard introduced later yrs. Gayness trumped the lower middle class poverty Rosy & Dan were trying to escape as the hook in the series & even longtime fans like me thought it was being produced for an exclusively *** audience.

I agree 100%, Fran's hotness was the only reason to watch the Nanny. I wanted to hit the mute switch though with her horrible nasal Bronx NYC accent, living proof New Yorkers have no room to make fun of other peoples' accents.
When Mark went from "rebellious idiot" to just "idiot" that's when the series took it's downturn. I can understand having *** characters, just because it would be interesting given how Lanford is perceived as a red/conservative type of area but it did become predominantly geared towards that audience. Leon and Scott (Fred Willard always makes me laugh though), Sandra, Roseanne's mom, Jackie to be revealed as a lesbian in the worst series finale ever, Roseanne going to a *** club, etc.

I have no quarrels about the cause at all, but the show did take a turn from the point where Mark became just "loveably" dumb and Fred was written into the series.

Fred Thompson and George Clooney being involved in the series makes me laugh though every once in a while.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care what anyone says Roseanne was a great show, it's sad that peoples hatred of Roseanne Barr has taking away from the show.

I don't like her away from the show either but thought she was great on the show and had a great supporting cast.

That said the last season was a complete joke and has really taking away from how good the rest of it was.

But I'm used to people hating on it rant over...

Last edited by Splat : 07-14-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I just finished the Sopranos....Can anyone try to explain this ending to me? I knew since before I started watching the series the whole ending, with the fading to black. I loved the show, but I am confused and dont know what to say about the ending. I dont know if I love it or hate it? Did he die? Did the show just end? Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care what anyone says Roseanne was a great show, it's sad that peoples hatred of Roseanne Barr has taking away from the show.

I don't like her away from the show either but thought she was great on the show and had a great supporting cast.

That said the last season was a complete joke and has really taking away from how good the rest of it was.

What's with the has taking?
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:

It's always on on TVLand so I pretty much catch it each night before bed (the issue is, I'm at around the 8th cycle of watching it). It was a good show, I have no gripes with Roseanne Barr (though I hate Tom Arnold) but you can tell when the series started going downhill.

The Drew Carey Show was similar but it stopped when it wrote out Craig Ferguson.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
So, I just finished the Sopranos....Can anyone try to explain this ending to me? I knew since before I started watching the series the whole ending, with the fading to black. I loved the show, but I am confused and dont know what to say about the ending. I dont know if I love it or hate it? Did he die? Did the show just end? Any help is appreciated.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Thats cause shes like the 4th hottest chick to ever be on the show.
I'd take her over Morena, mainly because I don't care for her in the least.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
In terms of bad endings, just finished season 4 Dexter and that was the worst ending to a show's season that wasnt the end of a series.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-14-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
In terms of bad endings, just finished season 4 Dexter and that was the worst ending to a show's season that wasnt the end of a series.
Are you serious? That ending was amazing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Are you serious? That ending was amazing.
All it means is that we are back to square one in terms of Dexter evolving. I always thought the more the show focused on others interpersonal relationships, it got very drawn out.
Seasons 1-3 were fantastic. But the end of 4 was very unsatisfying and I am not looking forward to season 5 at all now.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack