Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The only way he's not our starting MIKE is if he reinjures himself, or sucks so hard that TC is forced to bench him.

Goff doesn't need anymore mentoring. He learned under Pierce for 2 years now, and he's an LB. They don't need mentoring. If he doesn't get it by now, he won't get it next year.

I like Goff, I think he should be given a chance. I don't get why we made this move. Even if it works out, what does it accomplish? We go into the next offseason still wondering if we have our future MIKE in house or if we need a replacement.
Has that been announced? If it has I guess I'm wrong, but honestly I think Goff will look better than Bulluck in TC and earn the starting spot. In which case Bulluck is just there to help him keep developing while coming on passing downs and backing up Boley. I think Goff's ready to go, we just like having a vet there to back him up/give him advice as he needs it.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
I like those transcripts. They are a good way to get to know a player. PLayers are usually honest in answering them.

Making calls in college vs the pros is a big difference. If you use that logic, then why do we have busts? Players play football in college and do well, so why cant they do it in the pros? After all the basics of the sport is the same. It's not like a 10 yard curl magically changes to a super duper curl.

I don't buy that. Quiet and mild mannered doesn't effect one's ability to make calls when the coaches want u to do it. Eli is quiet and mild mannered, do we see the WR calling the plays? No of course not, that's Eli's job.

The Mike's job is to make the calls and set the front. Being mild mannered as nothing to do with it. If it's your job you do it. If you can't do it, and do it well within seconds. Then that's a huge problem. This system is new, so if he is struggling then I can see why they have a stop gap like Bullock coming in, especially if he did it well, at a high level, in the league for years. Learn from someone like Bullock, with no huge pressure to start. And then we re-evaluate after the year and go from there. We see how much each player has progressed or regressed then.

But that's just us talking. It really is pointless if we just can't ask Fewell or Coughlin and ask what the issue was. I would be the first to ask Gilbride about Moss, and what the deal with him is.
Remember, a lot of people knocked Eli for being quiet for awhile too, it wasn't until he was given a chance to prove his way works that people started to buy into it.

Goff just needs a chance. This signing makes him rot on the bench even longer. The guy doesn't need any more tutoring. He needs playing time. If playing MIKE was THAT hard, we wouldn't have so many MIKEs transition with ease into the NFL the way we do.

RB and LB are the 2 easiest transitions to the NFL. We're way overblowing the mental aspect of the position. It's not rocket science. Rookie MIKEs step in and contribute right away all the time.

And its not like Goff is stupid. He's widely considered as a very bright young man. Picking up the defense is not an issue. He knows the defense. In fact, he knows it better than Bulluck, bc he had all of OTAs to soak it in.

I'm just not buying all the Bulluck hype. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Remember, a lot of people knocked Eli for being quiet for awhile too, it wasn't until he was given a chance to prove his way works that people started to buy into it.

Goff just needs a chance. This signing makes him rot on the bench even longer. The guy doesn't need any more tutoring. He needs playing time. If playing MIKE was THAT hard, we wouldn't have so many MIKEs transition with ease into the NFL the way we do.

RB and LB are the 2 easiest transitions to the NFL. We're way overblowing the mental aspect of the position. It's not rocket science. Rookie MIKEs step in and contribute right away all the time.

And its not like Goff is stupid. He's widely considered as a very bright young man. Picking up the defense is not an issue. He knows the defense. In fact, he knows it better than Bulluck, bc he had all of OTAs to soak it in.

I'm just not buying all the Bulluck hype. I'll believe it when I see it.
Yeah well not just stating facts that are given. I am indifferent of the signing. I don't mind playing younger players and see what we have. But this signing means that the staff might think otherwise.

LB and RB, just like any position are not easy positions. It all depends on what LB position you play and what your responsible for. Also, like anything else the people that succeed are the ones that study and attend their meetings.

RBs have it easier, that's true, but specific stuff can be tricky. It may not be rocket science for you and I, but if you are stupid, but can run a 4.3 then the concept of blitz protecting at this level may be hard to digest. Remember a lot of these guys are not smart. On top of it some may be passing classes just because they are football players. Probably happened in HS, then in college, and now in the NFL, there is no passing. It's a job, and while the coaches are there to teach you, you as a player have to take the initiative.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote