Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 07-21-2010, 09:47 AM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.

Guess I'll check back tonight to see if I'm up.
hells-satans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nooooo Brackett! :(

I'm supposed to get all the rutgers guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.hells-satans is a cocksman.

Wonder if I'll get to pick tonight...
Old 07-22-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
ironmon
Rookie

ironmon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default shane

hey shane i'lll be out of access to internet today so i emailed u my picks. feel free to make them after mayhem picks.

thanks
devon

fireballs
ironmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody shoot me a text when it's on me and i'll get around 2 picking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
DGB
Rookie

DGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

On to Satans and LLegend at the turn...
Old 07-22-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
DGB
Rookie

Satan's needs to repick or something, he drafted a player (Brohm) who isn't a free agent.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

Like who I got with those picks. Getting James Jones means I can ride Driver into the dirt and he'll step right in. And Laurent is a longshot but if he can stay healthy I think he can put up great numbers in that offense.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preciate the picks Shane, and the Longhorn pic :)

I really wanted Berry, he should produce big time like when I scooped Delmas last year; crap team and defense, play-maker, should get chances all over. Hoping for the same formula for Earl Thomas, I think it's a bit easier to find LB's to produce good consistent numbers but it's alot harder to find DB's who produce across the board.

Hoping Earl shows he can be a ballhawk and keep his nose on the ball.

Quote:
Old 07-23-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
DGB
Rookie

Sorry for the holdup this morning guys. I got pulled into some unexpected work meetings that needed my full attention.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No problem Derek. I've been a bit MIA as well.

Texted Chuck! We are getting through it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:19 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i arrived in frankfurt fine, should be around for the last few picks

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

is the clock out on current pick?
Old 07-24-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gif's time is up and is moved to the end of the round.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-25-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Leonard Leapers has asked to be skipped. Deep is OTC.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
ironmon
Rookie

ironmon hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default shane

hey shane,

i'm sending u my last picks via email, will be w/o internet rest of day

thanks

devon
fireballs
ironmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

So who is up now? And didn't Gif pick Cribbs at his alloted spot?

Also, anyone else feel like our rosters are just to shallow for a dynasty league? I've got two picks left and two starters to go and have no backups for any of my IDPs or TE. Maybe for next year we could expand the roster size a little bit?

Last edited by hells-satans : 07-26-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
DGB
Rookie

You're up now.

As for the roster size, I like it how it is. The 7 player turnover and somewhat limiting roster space are some of the aspects that make this league unique.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I could go on both sides with that. I'm in a ton of dynasty leagues, this makes my 7th, the other 6 are on flea flicker and rosters are generally 25-30 man rosters, but closer to 30 in most. I kinda like the turnaround here, makes the draft interesting as well as the FA pool each season, but I'd also be for upping it if need be.

Makes some valuable young players who haven't broken out yet be available and sometimes you have to jump on those guys ahead of time. I picked up Miles Austin before the KC game just because Roy was hurt and needed an extra WR, if it was 25 man rosters he would have been on a team already, or if I waited he would have been a huge WW pick-up.

Guys like him are picked up and dropped countless times, so I like the fact that it gives you alot more decisions regarding pick-ups and moves.

Quote:
Old 07-27-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
hells-satans
Rookie

I guess I feel like a dynasty league should be more about building depth through the draft and trades than it should be about working the WW. I'd like it if we had one backup for each starter. We currently have 15 starters and 10 bench players. I'd love to see this league expanded to 30, even if it's a taxi squad instead of active rosters.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the thing is that it is already taking me years to rebuild. Waiver is the only hope with some drafting. If u make it even deeper im gonna take ten years to get back

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
the thing is that it is already taking me years to rebuild. Waiver is the only hope with some drafting. If u make it even deeper im gonna take ten years to get back
yea, I inherited a team that was totally in the shitter. I finally have 2 starting QB's, and after a couple of year, I'm starting to get to the point where I feel I can be competitive.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We'll vote on an expansion to 30 for next year when the time comes (just remind me).

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
I don't really think it takes that long to turn around even the worse of teams. Obviously you have to hit it big on some draft picks, and you'd still be getting 1st choice of rookies, but it probably takes more trading and guessing on trying to land talent. It does take some luck though, and making some crap trades alot(which I did plenty of) hoping you hit it big a few times and turning your team around.

I'll admit I had Deangelo and MJD when I took over my team, but I also had Brodie Croyle, Jamarcus Russell, Jake Delhomme and Trend Edwards as my 4 QB's and TO was my only WR, with Greg Olsen at TE. I think the WW only got me Austin, the rest was trading and manuevering.

Good thing is at least if we know it'll maybe be up for vote at seasons end we can pay close attention to the WW this year just in case we go to deeper rosters.

Btw Shane I appreciate all the text and heads up on the picks, I know it may be a hassle. I have had classes the last few days early morning to take care of. Since I can't get my man to budge on Finley ;) had to go with my #1 TE this year in dynasty Graham, hopefully he'll develop into something great by the time Clark slows down.

Quote:
Old 07-27-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

yea. shane's been the man on texts and such, big thanks to him on that.
Quote: