Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-26-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All these no-hitters are ridiculous. There have also been quite a few pitchers who have taken no-hitters into the 8th and 9th innings.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Albert Pujols is on David Letterman tonight.....sweet!
Old 07-26-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
All these no-hitters are ridiculous. There have also been quite a few pitchers who have taken no-hitters into the 8th and 9th innings.
Didn't the Tigers have a pitcher that took one into the 9th...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
You mean pitched a perfect game.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
yous going get it

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edwin Jackson > Armando Galarraga

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Edwin Jackson > Armando Galarraga
Max Scherzer > Edwin Jackson
Old 07-27-2010, 08:28 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QUICK OFF-TOPIC MLB QUESTION

How many teams are in the AMERICAN LEAGUE?
How many teams are in the NATIONAL LEAGUE?

Don't look, don't google it, who knows?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For fantasy (sorry for posting here, but nobody ever check the fantasy advice thread and I gotta decide quickly): would you trade Jon Lester and Carlos Santana or David Ortiz for Mark Texiera and Johnny Cueto?

I would be getting Tex and Cueto.

Current Team:

C- Buster Posey
1B- Adrian Gonzalez
2B- Howie Kendrick
SS- Hanley Ramirez
3B- Alex Rodriguez
OF- Adam Jones
OF- Nick Swisher
OF- Jason Bay
UTIL- David Wright
UTIL- David Ortiz
BN- Carlos Santana
BN- Matt LaPorta
BN- Carlos Beltran
BN- Pedro Alvarez
DL- Chase Utley
DL- Jacoby Ellsbury

SP- Jon Lester
SP- Mat Latos
SP- Steven Strasburg
SP- Josh Beckett
SP- Dan Haren
SP- Javier Vasquez
SP- Max Scherzer
SP- Clay Bucholz

* I just concede saves
Old 07-27-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
QUICK OFF-TOPIC MLB QUESTION

How many teams are in the AMERICAN LEAGUE?
How many teams are in the NATIONAL LEAGUE?

Don't look, don't google it, who knows?
I know that there are two more teams in the NL than AL, so 16 in the NL and 14 in the AL.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Rob S, I would definitely not make that trade. Keep Sanatana even if you have Posey. Lester is your best SP, and you have no need for another 1B with Gonzo on the team.

If this is a keeper, why not trade Posey or Santana for a top closer?
Old 07-27-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Rob S, I would definitely not make that trade. Keep Sanatana even if you have Posey. Lester is your best SP, and you have no need for another 1B with Gonzo on the team.

If this is a keeper, why not trade Posey or Santana for a top closer?
It isnt a keeper. Santana almost never plays for me and def. wont once Ellsbury and Utley come off the DL. I also just picked up Wandy Rodriguez and dropped Matt LaPorta.

Here is my rationale, my SP will be good enough without Lester and Cueto is solid (at the very least he will get W). While my hitting looks elite on paper, my totals actually are pretty average......I think getting Tex would set me up with an explosive offense for the playoffs with good enough pitching to win IP, K, and W almost every week while sacricing L, SV, R, and a battle for ERA.

Do you really think Lester is more valuable than Tex or is it just the fact that I have Gonzo? I have 2 UTIL spots, so Tex and Gonzo will both play.

If having a backup for Posey is an issue, Wieters is on the waiver wire and I think he is a good 2nd half option.

Last edited by Rob S : 07-27-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Rob, I'm assuming you play in either a points only or head to head format?

I'm a real big believer in Lester. And not so much in Tex. I own both guys in leagues. I would sooner trade Lester for Tex straight up than unnecessarily throw in Santana. Despite them being rookies, Santana and Posey are both unquestionably top 10 at their position for the remainder of the year. You can get better value. Cueto is nothing to get excited about, IMO.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Another fantasy trade:

Current Team:

C- Buster Posey
1B- Adrian Gonzalez
2B- Howie Kendrick
SS- Hanley Ramirez
3B- Alex Rodriguez
OF- Adam Jones
OF- Nick Swisher
OF- Jason Bay
UTIL- David Wright
UTIL- David Ortiz
BN- Carlos Santana
BN- Carlos Beltran
DL- Chase Utley
DL- Jacoby Ellsbury

SP- Jon Lester
SP- Mat Latos
SP- Steven Strasburg
SP- Josh Beckett
SP- Dan Haren
SP- Javier Vasquez
SP- Max Scherzer
SP- Clay Bucholz
SP- Gavin Floyd
SP- Wandy Rodriguez

Stat Categories, H2H:
R
H
HR
RBI
SB
E
AVG
OBP

IP
W
L
CG
SHO
SV
R
K
ERA

David Wright and Dan Haren for Mark Texiera and Johnny Cueto ( I may ask fro Romero instead of Cueto). Would you do either?

Last edited by Rob S : 07-29-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I like Romero and maybe Zito better than Cueto, who just looks like an injury waiting to happen for the indefinite future to me.

If you want offense for pitching, they Lester for Tex works. I guess it's the giving away of a top catcher that I object to.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Upton just killed his leg.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I think Upton just killed his leg.
Ankle if we're lucky. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I like Romero and maybe Zito better than Cueto, who just looks like an injury waiting to happen for the indefinite future to me.

If you want offense for pitching, they Lester for Tex works. I guess it's the giving away of a top catcher that I object to.
People in my league are stupid tho and dont realize that the position a player is at is half the battle. Getting Santana's power production at C is huge, the idiots I play with will compare him to 1B and OF....ugh.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strasburg scratched from start. Shoulder MRI tomorrow.

Last edited by Tampa 2 4 life : 07-27-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Tampa 2 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think of this trade? Should it be vetoed?

Team A receives:
-SP Max Scherzer
-RP Brian Fuentes
-SP Livan Hernandez

Team B receives:
-C Miguel Olivo
-RP John Axford
-RP Michael Gonzalez
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
What do you guys think of this trade? Should it be vetoed?

Team A receives:
-SP Max Scherzer
-RP Brian Fuentes
-SP Livan Hernandez

Team B receives:
-C Miguel Olivo
-RP John Axford
-RP Michael Gonzalez
Don't veto how stupid team B is.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Scherzer is the man, I was so pissed when he gave up that GS yesterday.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cubs best trade Ted Lilly and/or Derrek Lee.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
The Cubs best trade Ted Lilly and/or Derrek Lee.
I would expect Lilly to get moved soon. Not sure about Lee. His at-bats have been a wreck this season. What would be a good return for Lilly? I'm guessing a B starting pitcher prospect and a C reliever.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mets doing well as soon as we return to Citi. Shocker.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote