Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
True but it was a fumble on the offense that cost them the game. What can constructively said about picking the browns to win the AFC North? Not exactly someone deserving of their own thread with such big misses.
Browns are gonna win the super bowl and go to cedar point instead of disney land and shortly thereafter take their talents to south beach

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Al Harris going to be okay? If not, who do they have? I don't know about the progress Patrick Lee has made, It also depends on if teams adjust to blocking Clay Matthews. The offense will be there, I'm not sure how the defense will do, now that everyone has seen it.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Browns are gonna win the super bowl and go to cedar point instead of disney land and shortly thereafter take their talents to south beach
Kings Island FTW

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj825 View Post
John Fox has gotten Carolina as far as he can take them and hasnt been able to put up back to back winning seasons yet and on top of that stuck with jake Delhomme for 3 or 4 seasons too long which is why he will hopefully be fired after this season or resigns not because of the D Line. That said i do agree the line will be a killer for the Panthers Defense and im just hoping at least one of those guys will flash because right now Tyler Brayton is probably our best D Lineman and although Brayton did fairly well the past few seasons alot of that is because of Peppers who as you stated is no longer there. All of this however was all brought on by John Foxes and Marty Hurneys refusal to really play anyone or even draft anyone worth a crap for the line followed by his sudden urge to start everyone who hasnt been playing and cut all of the veterans (Steve Smith is now the only player over 30 besides the Kicker and Punter). That urge was brought on because Fox was finally starting to feel pressure from the FO about not developing the younger talent on the team and the fact that he wasnt resigned because of his lackluster seasons and embarrassing playoff losses to the Seahawks and most recently jakes 5 turnover performance against the Cardinals so he decided to finally do a mass exodus of all the vets and is now hes hoping some of the youngers guys flash and he'll be able to save face put together a decent season and maybe get a HC job somewhere else...Fox did build this team from the ground up and took a 1-15 Team to a Superbowl 2 years later and lost barely and took them to the NFC championship game a few years later (the aforementioned embarrassing loss to the Seahawks) but as i said has been unable to even string together back to back winning seasons. I like John Fox and i appreciate what he has done for Carolina but its time to move on.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PF, I want to see some admission that you were dead wrong about the Cowboys last year. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
PF, I want to see some admission that you were dead wrong about the Cowboys last year. :D
Ward brought it up in the Cowboys Discussion Thread and I had no problem admitting I was indeed wrong

found it : http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ng#post1948165

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 07-23-2010 at 01:03 AM.
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Prince you are the most pessimistic person on this forum.
I'm just realistic. The majority of Packers fan expect Brad Jones to be this emerging player in year two or Pat Lee/Brandon Underwood will step up after proving nothing before. The fact is that there's plenty of holes throughout the defense and when we actually faced good teams last season, we saw the consequences. Did we do anything in the off-season to address those holes? Sure, we added Morgan Burnett but he was boom or bust player in college so what can we expect as a rookie. I've been right more times than not when it comes to evaluating the state of the Packers and I'm going to continue to be critical on Ted Thompson.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just not buying the Texans koolaid.

1. Their trenches are average.
2. Their defense isn't very good
3. DeMeco Ryans is one of the most overrated players in the league
4. Still don't feel comfortable with that run game
5. They play in a tough division

There's just too many reasons not to like the Texans for me to like them.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

(Gasp!) How could you say that about my team. J/K.

1. Interior of both lines are weak. One good DT would make a hell of a difference, as would a center.
2. Scheme-wise or personnel-wise? Personnel, I believe we have the talent to be top ten.
3. I disagree.
4. You're not the only one.
5. Very, very true.

Despite all the reasons you listed, the most glaring one that you missed is the head coach. He doesn't pay attention to detail, it took the second game against the Jags before he even thought of addressing a technique problem with D. Brown. Our starting LT was giving away pass/run pre-snap. Kubiaks reply was that he wanted him to play that way. What, huh, why, where, how.

Then theres his in-game decision making. It's atrocious at times. I mean C. Brown showed he couldn't get the ball in from the 1 running twice when the game was on the line, then lo and behold. Kubiak decides to let him do a half-back pass.... which resulted in an interception. I mean really? Is this a sign of a competent coach?

I wan't the Texans to win sooo bad it's not even funny. I would love to believe OP's opinion. I don't and I hope that when we miss the play-offs this yr. McNair has the nuts to do what's right and fire Kubiak.

That's not even taking into consideration that we tied for toughest schedule this season.

Thanx man, now I need to go inebriate myself.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Thank god, I thought I was the only one.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
THAT is the most hilarious post I have ever seen here, so far.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'm just realistic. The majority of Packers fan expect Brad Jones to be this emerging player in year two or Pat Lee/Brandon Underwood will step up after proving nothing before. The fact is that there's plenty of holes throughout the defense and when we actually faced good teams last season, we saw the consequences.

Did we do anything in the off-season to address those holes? Sure, we added Morgan Burnett but he was boom or bust player in college so what can we expect as a rookie. I've been right more times than not when it comes to evaluating the state of the Packers and I'm going to continue to be critical on Ted Thompson.
I agree on the young talent, especially the CB position.
Our CB's are crappy outside of Woodson and Harris. Tramon is a decent nickelback, and a below-average starter.
Ted's never once drafted us a CB who's actually helped on the field. Never. Packer fans buy into the flowery words in the spring and summertime, as they did last year with the Barbre & Giacomini, and they punting mess the year before. We need to see it with our own eyes first.

Who here can vauge for Pat Lee and Brandon Underwood being able to cover a good NFL WR? They will have to.

If Jarrett Bush still plays, there's our scary answer. You think Farve will find #24 out there?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Bad Boy
Rookie

Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy Bad Boy

The Chargers will not loose out to the ******* raiders. Dez Bryant will take the OROTY and The cowboys will not loose to the ravens at home. Those are my predictions be-auch!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

be-auch? Really?
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:17 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see you have the Jets winning the AFC East. I have a massive rant about this which I will be posting in a few days. So as not to completely take away from your Truths I'll just say I think the Jets will struggle for playoffs

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
(Gasp!) How could you say that about my team. J/K.

1. Interior of both lines are weak. One good DT would make a hell of a difference, as would a center.
2. Scheme-wise or personnel-wise? Personnel, I believe we have the talent to be top ten.
3. I disagree.
4. You're not the only one.
5. Very, very true.

Despite all the reasons you listed, the most glaring one that you missed is the head coach. He doesn't pay attention to detail, it took the second game against the Jags before he even thought of addressing a technique problem with D. Brown. Our starting LT was giving away pass/run pre-snap. Kubiaks reply was that he wanted him to play that way. What, huh, why, where, how.

Then theres his in-game decision making. It's atrocious at times. I mean C. Brown showed he couldn't get the ball in from the 1 running twice when the game was on the line, then lo and behold. Kubiak decides to let him do a half-back pass.... which resulted in an interception. I mean really? Is this a sign of a competent coach?

I wan't the Texans to win sooo bad it's not even funny. I would love to believe OP's opinion. I don't and I hope that when we miss the play-offs this yr. McNair has the nuts to do what's right and fire Kubiak.

That's not even taking into consideration that we tied for toughest schedule this season.

Thanx man, now I need to go inebriate myself.
Kubiak's offensive scheme is perfect for your team though. It's a tough call, in a perfect world you'd want him as an OC, but that's not happening.

I'd look at Brian Schottenheimer of the Jets as a possible HC candidate there if you guys fire Kubiak. He'd do well with those players on offense, and bring some fresh air in that lockerroom.

1. That's the thing, you guys don't have interior linemen at all, and so far, no proven pass rusher opposite Mario. You got Mario and a bunch of scrubs.

On offense, I don't particularly like your LT that much, your Guards are ok but not great, your center stinks, and Winston is a stud. But again, mediocre line play.

2. I don't think your defense is very talented. You have Mario Williams, Cushing, and an overrated Ryans. Oh, and Im a big Kareem Jackson fan.

But overall the secondary is weak, I know Pollard is good but he's a box safety, you need a ballhawk, you need another CB, you need dline help. I don't see top 10 talent on that defense.

3. DeMeco Ryans lives of tackle statistics. He makes all his tackles 5 yards behind the line, he can't stack and shed, he's good but not great in coverage, he's simply an overrated player. Cushing came in and made plays, Cush was a playmaker. Ryans is just kind of there. He's not an impact player. He doesn't make impact plays, he just racks up tackles, and rarely does he make them at the LOS. He's not a thumper who can shut down the run, and he's not a coverage guy who can take out a TE either. He's just kind of there.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, but I don't view him as an elite MIKE either. There are a lot of MIKEs in the league I'd take over him.

4. Yup.

5. Yuppers

Overall, I think the offense is fine. The oline isn't great, but Kubiak makes it work with his system. But I think you need an overhaul of talent on defense. Ryans, Cushing, Mario, Pollard and Jackson are all good building blocks, but the rest of that defense needs an overhaul. We'll see what Connor Barwin brings to the table this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Thank god, I thought I was the only one.
We tend to agree on almost everything.