Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-29-2010, 01:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 Texas Longhorns thread

I didn't think this would be a big problem, seeing as how there is a USC thread and Miami thread and a ton of Longhorn fans here. If so, delete it, but I don't want to get carried away in the Big XII thread with all Longhorn post.

Just to get a random thought out there, this is one guy I'm excited about:

Mykkele Thompson

I hear Akina likes this kid alot, and sees alot of Michael Huff in him, very versatile player.

I'm still waiting on us to get our next feature back, I don't know why it's taken so long for a school that traditionally can find RB's but for some reason it's been musical chairs and we can't rely on our QB like the past few seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Living here, I get inundated with Longhorns propaganda. However, I think you guys are going to be better than most people give you credit for.

Gilbert did awesome for the situation he was put into. Obviously there will be a drop-off, but the guy has potential to be another great one for UT.

You guys need a freaking running game, however, to help him out. No idea where that is going to come from.

Still I don't see you losing many games. 1-2 tops.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<3
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

>

You heard it here first!

Quote:
Old 07-29-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dare i say Gilbert is potentially a better pro prospect than McCoy and on a totally differant subject Brantley may turn out a better prospect than Tebow. (key word is potentially)
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you on that Babylon.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Dare i say Gilbert is potentially a better pro prospect than McCoy and on a totally differant subject Brantley may turn out a better prospect than Tebow. (key word is potentially)
Agree on Gilbert. Still need to see Brantley under fire. Physically they both have better NFL toolsets. They may not end up being better college QBs, but they definitely have a better shot in the NFL.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...logs_bevo_beat

UT QB Sherrod Harris left the team to focus on academics.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SI Cover

CB Chykie Brown, CB Curtis Brown and DE Sam Acho

Just guessing here.... 2nd Round, late 1st Round and late 1st Round.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Williams vs. OU last season....

Aaron Williams vs. Colorado in Williams Freshman season....

Old 08-13-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

2 True Freshmen DE's Jackson Jeffcoat (#44) and Reggie Wilson (#92) from a recent practice...

Old 08-13-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how does their CB situation work? I've heard some say that Aaron Williams is their best CB. I've heard some say that Curtis Brown is their best CB. And I've seen a select few who say that Chykie is the best CB. I know Williams is regarded as the best prospect but how does it work as far as playing time? Who plays the nickel?
Old 08-13-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
So how does their CB situation work? I've heard some say that Aaron Williams is their best CB. I've heard some say that Curtis Brown is their best CB. And I've seen a select few who say that Chykie is the best CB. I know Williams is regarded as the best prospect but how does it work as far as playing time? Who plays the nickel?
This is just my opinion, but I'd rank them..

1) Aaron Williams (LEGIT) Guess:Top 15 pick

2) Curtis Brown (I really like him as a coverage CB) Guess: Late 1st Round pick

3) Chykie Brown (I think Chykie has really filled out this offseason, I think he looks like a FS--"Antonio Cromartie" type of frame). I think Chykie just needs to work on being more physical more consistently, but he has the size.

Guess:2nd Round pick
-----------------------------------------------------

My guess on the roster...

Last season, I think Curtis was matched up against the teams best WR.

A. Williams played in the NICKEL some because he is very physical and overall the best CB on the team (imo).

Chykie took the other side. Big, Rangy and Long....
------------------------------------------------------

Now a guess on this coming season....

A.Williams could be the NICKEL guy and that could allow Curtis Brown and Chykie Brown to man the 2 starting CB spots.

-OR-

I've heard Big-Hitting Soph. Kenny Vaccaro could end being in the NICKEL, giving Texas a "Big NICKEL" package.....I guess that would put Aaron Williams and Curtis Brown at the starting CB spots.
-----------------------------------------------------

I'm just guessing on some of this stuff so I could be off....so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but this is my opinion.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
SI Cover

CB Chykie Brown, CB Curtis Brown and DE Sam Acho

Just guessing here.... 2nd Round, late 1st Round and late 1st Round.

I'm really surprised Aaron Williams wasn't on this cover being that he could be the best prospect out of the 4.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
AW is our best CB and best NFL prospect but Curtis is really not that far behind. Chykie has all the physical tools you want in a DB but he does not play physical and has lapses which can lead to big plays.

AW played Nickel for us last season and I expect him to man that position this upcoming season. But as Homer posted, Vaccarro can also play the nickel which would give us more flexibility.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm really surprised Aaron Williams wasn't on this cover being that he could be the best prospect out of the 4.
maybe he couldn't make the shoot?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did ya'll see the ESPN Horns coverage last wk on CFB?

They predicted losses to 2 teams but I can't remember exactly who, Nebraska & somebody, either the Huskers & TAMU or the Huskers & Oklahoma. BTW they're picked behind the Sooners for the Big 12 South title, both have new QBs so maybe they think a healthy DeMarco Murray is the difference, I kind of doubt it. Oklahoma has the OL advantage but Texas has the better secondary & pass defense, Phil Steele lists the Horns secondary as best in the country.

Are you buying that? Also are they developing a ball control running game or depending on Gilbert's arm with new receivers? I can't see them keeping the same offense with those QB designed running plays they had for McCoy.

And I'm expecting great things from Sam Acho this yr, who Phil Steele's mag lists as a DT, I thought he was an OLB. Was he moved to DT?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default SI Cover Curse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Funny, I was looking at the SI CFB Preview edition yesterday & I'll swear I saw Boise St. on the cover. Must have been the West Coast edition.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post

And I'm expecting great things from Sam Acho this yr, who Phil Steele's mag lists as a DT, I thought he was an OLB. Was he moved to DT?
Texas has Acho brothers on the team.

Sam Acho (Sr.) DE had 10 sacks last season and could possibly slide inside some to play DT a little this coming season. I'm not sure.

His younger brother Emmanual Acho (Jr.) is a BEAST OLB that has speed and the Texas website has him up to weighing 240 pounds now.

I think both could have really big seasons for Texas.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Funny, I was looking at the SI CFB Preview edition yesterday & I'll swear I saw Boise St. on the cover. Must have been the West Coast edition.
I think I saw 4 different covers. I think it must be a regional thing.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
I think I saw 4 different covers. I think it must be a regional thing.
It is. Out here in Pennsylvania, they have Ohio State on the cover.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
It is. Out here in Pennsylvania, they have Ohio State on the cover.
Boise State and Alabama are the other 2
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
they have Ohio State on the cover.
eww. 10char

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
eww. 10char
******* brutal.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

So guys, should we be concerned that Georgia has been sucking ass and Richt could be outta here? What are the chances we lose Muschamp to Georgia if Mack returns? I don't know that we can make it another off-season of him getting offers.

Quote: