Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-30-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gyrados was so overrated in RBY. Even the weakest of Electric pokemon could wipe out a high level Gyrados...Water/Flying is an awful type combination. If we are talking RBY teams, mine was always

- Arcanine
- Jolteon
- Dragonite
- Gengar
- Blastoise
- Usually some sort of tank character, Tauros and Machamp were options, as well as Hitmonlee

Just beastly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tauros wasn't in RBY. :P
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Tauros wasn't in RBY. :P
He most definitely was sir.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
He most definitely was sir.
Touche. Well played sir.

Like I said, I haven't played in a while and have forgotten some things. :( Probably because I never caught him the first time around.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 pages of pokemon and no discussion of B&W? Does anyone here actually play still or is this just a thread for nostalgiafags?

That's my bro...

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just started my new game and my pokemon are....

-Mankey
-Wartortle (I suggest anyone who plays blue version to pick charmander because good fire pokemon in pokemon blue can't be found)
-Geodude
-Clefairy (so I can do the mew glitch)
-Pidgeot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
It says there is no image on my zip file?
Hmm, not too sure, but I think this is what's happening:

Open the Zip file you downloaded, and there should be a program that's called "Pokemon Stadium 2.z64"

Drag it out of the Zip file and place it on your desktop, or wherever you are going to keep the ROMs. Then go back to Project64 and open it from the new place you have it at, not from the Zip file. It should work now.

If not, maybe upload a screenshot of what's happening or something. It would be very helpful.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
4 pages of pokemon and no discussion of B&W? Does anyone here actually play still or is this just a thread for nostalgiafags?

That's my bro...
This is the Pokemon thread, not Hello Kitty thread.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gyrados was so overrated in RBY. Even the weakest of Electric pokemon could wipe out a high level Gyrados...Water/Flying is an awful type combination. If we are talking RBY teams, mine was always

- Arcanine
- Jolteon
- Dragonite
- Gengar
- Blastoise
- Usually some sort of tank character, Tauros and Machamp were options, as well as Hitmonlee

Just beastly.
Implying that Ice Beam wouldn't do the same thing to your beloved Dragonite.

That's a good team but Gyarados can be pretty beastly (in the newer games especially).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 07-30-2010 at 05:16 PM.
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
No reason you can't combine both AND a good time.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

Open the Zip file you downloaded, and there should be a program that's called "Pokemon Stadium 2.z64"

Drag it out of the Zip file and place it on your desktop, or wherever you are going to keep the ROMs. Then go back to Project64 and open it from the new place you have it at, not from the Zip file. It should work now.

If not, maybe upload a screenshot of what's happening or something. It would be very helpful.
Yea, my limited knowledge of NES and SNES emulators mirrors what I believe you are saying. YOu have to have the emulator run from the same place as your ROMs or something like that.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

Boom! Figured it out. Thanks for the help. I don't know how to upload screen shots anyway haha

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

- Arcanine
- Jolteon
- Dragonite
- Gengar
- Blastoise

Just beastly.
Machamp is so under used. He is so ******* strong. I love Machamp. Gyarados is weak against electric, but he rapes everything else. And there aren't any electric Pokemon in the Elite Four anyway. Maybe a Dragonite with Thunder, that's it. Jolteon, Arcanine, Dragonite, Gengar, and a starter is a ****** beast team though.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I always used Aerodactyl as my flyer as well. A good one of those was required. As you can tell, Im big on speed Pokemon.
Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My lineup would always be something like this:

Dragonite
Alakazam
Charizard
Jolteon
Lapras
Pidgeot
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did no one hit me up when this thread was created?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
I always used Aerodactyl as my flyer as well. A good one of those was required. As you can tell, Im big on speed Pokemon.
Speed Pokemon are by far the best. It isn't close. That is why Aerodactyl is so underrated, he is the third fastest Pokemon in the game on the new versions, and the fastest in the old ones.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made it for you TH....

*huggles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Lapras is heavily underrated. If you dont get a Blastoise, then Lapras is probably the second best option. Starmie was awesome as well, but moreso in Gold/Silver due to the high special attack and psychic possibilities.
Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

About to start red version, gonna roll with Blastoise, Arcanine, Electrode, Raticate (hugely underrated, I once beat the game with ONLY a Rattata/Raticate), and two to be determined.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I made it for you TH....

*huggles*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My strategy in R/B was beastly. Start with Charmander since good fire types are hard to come by...even a Growlithe is ***** to catch since they almost always use Roar right away.

Then, I'd catch a Mankey and level it until I could beat Brock's rock types with a fighting move. I'd also grab a Pidgey just to have a general flying type, as well as a Caterpie to level into a Butterfree...confusion and the various status ailment powders helps out early in the game. Then, before going into Mt. Moon, catch a Nidoran (more on this later.)

Misty was always tough using this strat, but if I could poison/paralyze her Starmie early on, the fight was a lot earier.

After beating her, I'd use a Moon Stone on my Nidorino to get a Nidoking and teach him dig. Makes beating Lt. Surge a piece of cake.

But before battling Surge, I'd get the Old Rod and catch me a Magikarp. Leave it with the Day Care guy while I did the SS Anne, Diglett's cave and Surge's gym. Usually by the time I was done with all of that, it would be up to level 19. If not, I'd just ride my bike in circles around the Day Care house until it was ready...then give it a piece of Rare Candy and Boom! Gyrarados! It learns Bite right away and then I'd teach it the water move you get from Misty.

So after only the 3rd gym, I'd have two powerhouses in a Nidoking and Gyrarados, as well as Charmeleon and Pidgeotto.

The other two spots you can fill with whatever you like....A Jolteon once you get that far helps, teach it Thunderbolt you get form Surge and he's good to go, and then I'd usually get a Drowzee and level it into a Hypno...Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Psycic and another attack make him a beast.

And then late in the game you can start subbing the legendaries you catch if you want. Good old game....lots of fun times, lol
Old 07-30-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

You can only get Mankey early in Yellow version.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

top 5 non legendary pokemon:
1. Alakazam
2. Gengar
3. Blastoise
4. Charizard
5. Jolteon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
top 5 non legendary pokemon:
1. Alakazam
2. Gengar
3. Blastoise
4. Charizard
5. Jolteon
That is false, your lack of Dragonite hurts me. Sudo-legendaries (i.e. Dragonite, Tyrannitar, Garchomp, Salamance, Metagross) are all above any other Pokemon except legendaries.

Bonekrusher.

Quote: