Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-29-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the end of the day their parents or the student don't have to pay for college. They get to play the game they love and they get an education for free. Paying them on top is just plain stupid. If they need the money so bad, then quit playing football, and get a job or two like everyone else in college.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
what? so once you're giving football players $500 a month, then you start giving the softball players $500 a month, then you have to give the underwater hockey team (if it's varsity) $500 a month, then you have to give the cross country team $500 a month. have you read anything in this thread yet, or did you somehow think you'd hit on an argument that hasn't already been ****-canned multiple times and doesn't come remotely close to standing up to common sense?
I'm not talking about the university doing it. I'm talking about them getting a share of the sales from merchandise the NCAA sells because they play football. I'm not advocating that schools pay these guys.

The sports you mentioned don't profit and therefore wouldn't get money. I'm just saying the NCAA should protect their athletes from more than just agents and stop using their profit as an excuse to abuse players.

edit: The NCAA can sell licenses to their sport where people who are not anyone (but oddly enough feel and look like the same player at the same university wearing that same number). I mean, we all know the QB at Washington is Jake Locker in spite of him being "QB 10" in the game.

Last edited by descendency : 07-29-2010 at 05:13 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NCAA can't pay football players and not pay other athletes. Doesn't matter if their sports aren't profitable if the NCAA overall is.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
The NCAA can't pay football players and not pay other athletes. Doesn't matter if their sports aren't profitable if the NCAA overall is.
The university can't do it because of Title IX. The NCAA isn't a federally funded organization and therefore does not have to abide by that kind of regulation.

Arguably, the recent Supreme Court case (American Needle vs the NFL) could allow institutions (which are clearly 120 competing institutions) to pursue contracts of their own. However, I doubt they do this.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes because they are force to go to college for 3 years (NFL) or 1 year (NBA).
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, they're not forced to go through college. they're forced to wait until they've been out of high school for $years.
Clearly they are being forced to get educated, live in a nice place and eat for free for 3 years.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
It's terrible.
Why has this injustice been allowed to go on!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, they're not forced to go through college. they're forced to wait until they've been out of high school for $years.
Not to mention that's the NFL's rule, not NCAA or schools. So it is incredibly illogical to say that since one business won't hire me, another has to pay me.

Jesus, the lack of any common sense or reason in these arguments gets better and better with time.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote