Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Mr. Steeler what are your scouts saying now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Steeler
No... just say no. Woodley in the 4th I can stomach. Scouts are debating about his will and think he's intimidated. He's a day 2 player now. Possibly worth taking a gander on, but He's too small for a 4-3 DE and he's not good in coverage in a 3-4 or Michigan would have still been using the 3-4.
Quote:
How about this. Why dont you go in the draft discussion thread and set up a poll that asks everyone where they think Woodley will go. I'm starting to think that you are Lamarr Woodley or something with the way you are repping him. He didn't do well at all at the Senior bowl practices (which I watched and listened to the scouts talk about) and he didn't participate in the combine (which I again watched and listen to the scouts). This has severely hurt his draft stock. In fact, if you look at some of the websites you posted, you could see this. Go to woodleys profile and look at the latest news point. It says his stock is slipping. Get over it.
Quote:
Our second pick. well thats 15 + 32 into the next round... that would be Pick #47.. Woodley is a stretch to stay in the top 60.. thats practically round 3.. then he's being drafted on His season stats alone..

He's now rated as the 13th DE and a 2-star prospect. the only other notable DE in that category? Daniel Bazuin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow
I'm waiting to see March 16th and his pro day before I say he's not a day one pick. You are ASSUMING he is going to have a bad workout. But lets ASSUME for a second he runs a 4.7 forty, 1.6 second ten yard, with a 32 inch vert, and a 7.1 three cone. Is he still a 4th or later round pick?
4.71 that he stumbled on. 38.5 inch vertical. 29 reps. So, you still say he's intimidated and won't be better than a 4th round pick?
Old 03-16-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had a good pro day? Lets give him a crown.

Also, you do have a very good point, he has solid #'s, that means he'll be a great pro.

Scouts are saying this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouts
Positives: Has a shorter than ideal frame, but shows good upper body thickness, wide hips, good bubble, muscular arms and very good straight-line speed...Aggressive and physical edge rusher who plays with a high motor and a very competitive nature...Will go until the whistle and demonstrates the upper body power to stack, shed and press off coverage...Hard worker in practices and the training room and takes well to hard coaching (will do whatever the staff asks, evident by playing a different position in each of his years at Michigan)...Excellent edge rusher who constantly beats the blocker with his initial quickness...Has the initial step off the line and times his jumps well shooting the inside gaps...Does a good job of making adjustments on the move and has the lateral range to get to the perimeter and force the outside running game back inside...Plays more on instincts than ball recognition (needs to settle down at one position), but shows ease of movement flowing to the ball and a sudden burst to fill the rush lanes...When he stays low in his pads, he is capable of driving through blocks and also demonstrates functional ability to anchor at the point of attack...Showed improvement in 2006 in using his hands to stack and control...Was also more effective using his hands to shed...Very aggressive taking on blockers and even if he loses the battle, he will not throttle down, quit or get frustrated...Uses his hands well to defeat blocks and keep the opponent from attacking his feet...Pursues the play with vigor and has fluid lateral agility in pursuit, showing good urgency throughout the chase...Best when given a free lane to close in and flush the quarterback out of the pocket...Applies constant pressure coming off the snap and has the change of direction skills to pursue from the backside...Explosive closing on the ball in the short area and has the valid foot speed to make plays outside the box...Hits, wraps and drives through the ball carrier with good technique, doing a good job of adjusting in space and fit to finish...Generates good pop on contact and hits low, with good violence...Comes off the edge with a very effective hand slap, rocking the blockers back on their heels...Has multiple rush moves and the range to chase down the play...Can play linebacker, but is much more instinctive when he lines up with his hand down as a defensive end...Shows the leg drive to change direction in an instant...Displays impressive hip snap turning and takes good angles while keeping his hands active to defeat the block...Gets nice inside position with his hands shooting the gaps (lacks bulk to split double teams, though)....His ability to explode off the edge is due to his flexibility and counter moves in attempts to come under the tackle...Lacks size, but shows strength on his bull rush (hard to take him off his feet once he gets moving).

Negatives: Can be neutralized by double-team blocking, as he struggles to hold his ground vs. the larger blockers...Because of all the position moves, he has not had time to develop solid read/react ability and plays more on instincts...Needs more than several reps to retain plays and might struggle in a complicated system (best when freelancing)... Might have the size and experience at linebacker, but even when playing that position, he was pulled in obvious passing situations (struggles getting good depth in his drops)...Has a great motor, but will sometimes get too out of control and over-pursue...Even with his strength, he can get washed out of the play when trying to work through the trash...Lacks ideal height and bulk to play in a base defense, but has the speed to cause problems playing wide off the edge...Has good lateral range, but looks sluggish opening his hips through transition.

Compares To: DARRYL TAPP-Seattle...Some might compare him to the Colts' Dwight Freeney or Robert Mathis, but Woodley is not as fast as Freeney and has better tackling form and strength than Mathis. Like Seattle found out with Tapp later in the 2006 season, if you keep Woodley on the edge, his burst and hand strength are going to enable him to wreak havoc in the backfield. While he has experience as a linebacker, he lacks the loose hips, pass drop agility and read/react skills to play there. In a Cover-2 system out on a nine-tech rather than facing a seven-technique blocker, he could be a terror.
Hmm.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 03-16-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
He had a good pro day? Lets give him a crown.

Also, you do have a very good point, he has solid #'s, that means he'll be a great pro.

Scouts are saying this:

Hmm.
No, no, no. You said he wasn't better than a 4th round pick. So is he a 4th round pick. I said no BEFORE his Pro Day. What do you say now?

Quote:
Pros: Nice mix of size, speed, and power that has allowed him to play both LB and DE in college, at 62 270 he will be able to bull rush his way to the QB similar to Shawne Merriman and should stand strong against the run. Loves to disrupt plays in the offensive backfield.

Cons: Will need to show the athleticism and speed to be effective in coverage during his work outs or he might not be as highly sought after as an OLB in the 3-4 , may need to drop some weight in order to do so.
We can all show drat profiles. And his 4.71 forty and 4.42 short shuttle(Gaines Adams had a 4.36) shows the kind of speed to be effective n coverage.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
No, no, no. You said he wasn't better than a 4th round pick. So is he a 4th round pick. I said no BEFORE his Pro Day. What do you say now?

We can all show drat profiles. And his 4.71 forty and 4.42 short shuttle(Gaines Adams had a 4.36) shows the kind of speed to be effective n coverage.
For you? hes worth a second... me? i wouldn't touch him until round 4.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
For you? hes worth a second... me? i wouldn't touch him until round 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller
His Pro day.

He ran a 4.71 and a 4.78. He slipped up a bit on the 2nd 40' or he would have had a sub 4.7.

Woodley also weighed in at 265lbs, put up 29 reps and had an amazing 38.5 vertical.

I'm skeptical, but if he's legit, he'd be worth a 2nd/3rd round look.
Huh? Make up your mind. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ect...
Old 03-16-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
Huh? Make up your mind. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, ect...
?

Did I say take him in the 2nd or 3rd? I said he would be worth a look in the 2nd or 3rd... I personally don't like him to day two?

Why must you follow me around and try to call me on everything? Did your mom tighten the diaper too tight? I mean seriously, are you stalking me? You have nothing better to do than get on here, try to call me out.

Why don't you do some thinking, read some scouting reports and add something intelligent to the conversation?

All your currently and have been doing is wasting everyones time.