Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2010 hotseat coaches

I can think of a few: Les Miles at LSU, Jeff Tedford at Cal, Hawkins at Colorado, maybe Rich Rodriguez at Michigan or Richt at UGA. I know you rabid fans can think of some more & it's never to early to post on this thread since the season starts in < a month.

I live here so I'll do Jeff Tedford, here's hoping for some precise, edgy reporting from Michiganders Xiomera & Sniper about Rich Rod & diabsoule & CJ in Louisiana about Miles :

Tedford's problem is primarily recruiting where Cal is seriously disadvantaged in the Pac 10. Cal has the worst facilities in the conference & has to lease Berkeley & Oakland HS fields for practice if their Strawberry Cyn. playing field is being renovated as it often is. Space for athletic facilities is at a premium in the crowded East Bay & Cal's athletic dept. has to compete with their elite top-ranked academic depts. for space, which has fed the ongoing student body & administration hostility toward athletics in general there. Budget cuts throughout the UC system have affected them too, & even though they've saved $ by taking buses to away games in CA & not flying, they are struggling to break even with FB. Recruiting has declined with their W-L rcds over the past few yrs, & this season Cal has only one of the ESPN Top 150 recruits, & only LB Mke Mohammed & punter Bryan Anger are 1st team Pac 10 preseason all conference. The cry from Golden Bear fans for Tedford's head got much louder last yr. but he saved his job by beating rival Stanford 34-28 in a major upset at Stanford Stadium b/c QB phenom Andrew Luck was out with an ankle injury. For a HC who put 7 QBs in the NFL in his whole career as a HC & OC the talent pool seems to have dried up at Cal & are picked to finish behind up & comers Oregon & Arizona this yr, even with all the questions hobvering over the talent-depleted USC program. The nonconfernce schedule is much easier this yr. after playing Tennessee & Michigan St. in recent yrs. with the Div. II Cal-Davis Aggies (9/4 opener), at WAC member Nevada Wolfpack (9/17) & soon to be Pac 12 addition Colorado (9/11, at home) are all on there early this yr, lose to any of those & I believe the heat on Tedford increases. Cal's alltime bowl rcd. is pretty mediocre, 10-9-1, & Tedford won 4 bowls from '05 to '08 but lost to Utah last yr. Fail to make a BCS bowl game or lose to redhot Stanford at home & I think he could be gone.

Last edited by LizardState : 08-10-2010 at 12:19 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote