Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 02-07-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Walter Jones Announces Retirement

This is a really sad day for Seahawks fans. Arguably the greatest LT of all time and the best Seahawk, probably ever, is calling it a career.

http://twitter.com/BJRTH

Thanks for everything Walt.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Him and Hutch was the best left side of a line argueablly ever. Does this change your Draft ways?
Old 02-08-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Wow. Him and Hutch was the best left side of a line argueablly ever. Does this change your Draft ways?
No, it was already pretty widely accepted that we needed a new LT sooner rather than later. Now it just means that we need to find a permanent replacement, not these guys who have been plugged in for him in the last couple of years.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
No, it was already pretty widely accepted that we needed a new LT sooner rather than later. Now it just means that we need to find a permanent replacement, not these guys who have been plugged in for him in the last couple of years.
I think they knew they needed something permanent there with or without Jones' announcement (not official yet by the way). I think they have to go with a tackle either at #6 or the latest #14 barring some sort of trading down that may just well occur. All these mocks i see with Sam Bradford going #6, i feel like kicking the computer when i see that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
LT was still our second biggest need whether Walter Jones gave it a try or not. No one was expecting him to be much of a factor if he even managed to play this year.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah sad to see him go but his play had declined quite drastically the last few years. Not a bad year to need a LT though, while not quite as top end quality as last year the Seahawks could legitimately have a shot at every OT in the draft depending on what Detroit, Washington and KC do.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was one of the best tackles ive ever seen, but this probably means Seattle will take OT with there first pick, Anthony Davis probably :/, I want him on OAK
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
He was one of the best tackles ive ever seen, but this probably means Seattle will take OT with there first pick, Anthony Davis probably :/, I want him on OAK
I really don't think this has any effect on Pete Carrol's board. I doubt he was counting on getting anything out of big Walt.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great player, always been one of my favourites in the division.

Seahawks were probably targeting a tackle with one of their firsts regardless but it wouldn't have hurt to have Walt around to tutor the new recruit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Yeah sad to see him go but his play had declined quite drastically the last few years.

Tough to impress when he hasn't played a game in a year and a half.

Last edited by Stranger : 05-01-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I think if their thing is a zone blocking scheme they would target Bulaga. #6 might be high for him in a value sense so trading down with that pick makes sense. I think they would like to get another 1st in the 2011 draft.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think if their thing is a zone blocking scheme they would target Bulaga. #6 might be high for him in a value sense so trading down with that pick makes sense. I think they would like to get another 1st in the 2011 draft.
I really want to get that extra first next year...and trading down 4-5 spots and picking up a first next year would be an amazing move by the seahawks. Get right into that range for the value of LT & BPA at 14.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad. Walter Jones is one of my favorite players ever. I am from just outside Vancouver (Canada) so I got to watch a ton of Seahawks games. I loved Walter Jones. One of the great lineman of this generation. Future HOFer and one of the great LT to ever play the game.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

It became official today...damn it I'm getting all emotional...

Walter Jones is without a doubt the greatest Seahawks player of all time. I just wish he could have gone out on top...

Old 05-02-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for everything Walter. Top 3 tackle ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
jerseykl

San Diego Chargers #17 Philip Rivers 50TH Anniversary NFL Jerseys .Philip Rivers San Diego Chargers Name and Number Rugby jerseys, made by Reebok the official authentic on-field producers of NFL apparel and jerseys. Jacob Hester and 17 are printed on the back in authentic font. Officially licensed NFL National Football League.NFL Hologram Sticker Adult Sizing.NFL into AFC and NFC.