Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Giants sign OL Shawn Andrews

giantspathanlon Roster move to close camp...#NYG have signed former Eagle and 3-time Pro Bowl OL Shawn Andrews...team waived OL Cliff Louis to make room.

Not a bad move if Andrews can fight their his mental issue. This is a no risk move, which can yield big rewards if things work out.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:39 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dammit, I was just about to post this here! Damix also posted it in the team board. very interesting, I mean this guy was a pro bowler and HE WAS SO GOOD IN MADDEN!!111!!!one!! because that is ver important.

but srsly, if he gets his head on straight and became the guy he was in like 05-06...damn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow what a steal, why was he cut? Andrews is easily one of the best run blockers in the league by far. Has been a great run blocker ever since he was at Arkansas.

What a steal, he should really help the Giants run game and should be starting real soon I bet.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Wow what a steal, why was he cut? Andrews is easily one of the best run blockers in the league by far. Has been a great run blocker ever since he was at Arkansas.

What a steal, he should really help the Giants run game and should be starting real soon I bet.
I think he was battling depression or something like that. So the Eagles cut him, and then not sure where he played or went after that. But this is a no risk move. If we can't help him, and if he fails to meet expectations, we can also cut him again. Somehow if he can play up to his pro bowl level, then he and Snee really could be a great guard tandem.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What could have been...
Old 08-20-2010, 09:13 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has major back problems. I think we cut him because he was asking for more money, while contributing nothing by being on IR for possibly a second season in a row.

Good signing, and even I was still surprised he was on the market as long as he was.

Quote:
Andrews was Philadelphia's first-round pick in 2004 and made the Pro Bowl in 2005, '06 and '07. But in 2008, he started two games before hitting the injured reserve with a back injury and hasn't played since re-injuring it in training camp last year. The Eagles waived him last March when he failed a physical.
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5478978

Last edited by superman8456 : 08-20-2010 at 09:18 AM.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he gets back to his old self and becomes dominant for the next 5+ years, I swear...
Old 08-20-2010, 09:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
If he gets back to his old self and becomes dominant for the next 5+ years, I swear...
... you and I will start a Fight Club type movement, only with punching babies...

Good signing for the Giants, they don't have anything to lose signing him, but have a lot to gain, especially if he can somehow battle through his mental and physical issues. Unfortunately, I gave up on him ever regaining his '05/'06 form back in '09, and I don't think anything is really going to change much.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great sign, if he can get even close to his old form this is a steal.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Low risk, high reward pickup. I like it.

I'm concerned though of what this means. Are we cutting McKenzie? Is there a serious injury concern with Snee or Seuburt that caused this move? Do they lack faith in Beatty?

Or did they just pick up a guy who can be nice depth, possibly something more?

In a perfect world, he comes back to form and we have him at RT just plowing through guys. I personally think he's done, back injuries are very difficult to come back from, but who knows.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the plan is to take his and Kareem McKenzie's spines and fuse them into one functional spine?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 08-20-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
... you and I will start a Fight Club type movement, only with punching babies...

Good signing for the Giants, they don't have anything to lose signing him, but have a lot to gain, especially if he can somehow battle through his mental and physical issues. Unfortunately, I gave up on him ever regaining his '05/'06 form back in '09, and I don't think anything is really going to change much.
That's the thought process behind this signing. If his back can hold, and he has his mental health fixed, he can come in and contribute. If he can regain his form, then he and Snee could do something very special as our guards. It's not like we have to play him right away. We can ease in into it.

http://mobile.nj.com/advnj/pm_29222/...tguid=yVyjlluc

Quote:
ALBANY, N.Y. - On the final day of training camp, the Giants made a stunning roster move.

The team signed former Eagles first-round pick Shawn Andrews, a talented but oft-injured and somewhat troubled two-time Pro Bowl offensive lineman whose career in Philadelphia ended in March when he was waived by the franchise.

"Our personnel staff has been monitoring Shawn's progress for a while now," general manager Jerry Reese said in the team's press release. "He looks great and had a very good workout for us yesterday. He can play both guard and both tackle positions. We just have to take him slow for the rest of the preseason to get him into game shape. Shawn is very excited and grateful for this opportunity to play for the New York Giants

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 08-20-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea he could be an absolute great signing, key word being "could", as I see the chances of him amounting to anything as being really low, which really hurts, because for a while he was my favorite player. Basically, its a signing that the Giants have no risk in, he isn't getting paid much I assume, and at least offers some experienced backup. The only way this sgining backfires on them is if he would come in for an injured player and then get injured himself, but if that's the case, I think they'd be screwed a little no matter what. I hope he does well, I actually want to see him turn things around, but there is less than a one in ten chance that will happen if you ask me.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yeah, he very well could flop. If that's the case we cut him. But it's not like Reese woke up one day and said, let's sign Andrews! Apparently we been watching him closely, and even brought him in for a workout. So he had to have impressed us some way.

But the guy has immense talent. He can maul anyone in this league. But the big IFS pertain to his back and mental health. The good thing is he doesn't have to play right away. He can learn, and get some self right before playing. Plus, hopefully having time off helped him. Maybe now he can get hungry again to prove himself. If that happens then this might be a huge signing. Obviously it's a wait-and-see situation, but interesting signing none the less.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I hope he does well, I actually want to see him turn things around
I hate to say it but I can't say I feel the same way. The guy was given so many chances to turn it around for the eagles, hell they brought in his freakin brother to play next to him, and he never did. If he starts beasting now for our biggest rival, I'm going to be bitter.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I hate to say it but I can't say I feel the same way. The guy was given so many chances to turn it around for the eagles, hell they brought in his freakin brother to play next to him, and he never did. If he starts beasting now for our biggest rival, I'm going to be bitter.
Eh, it's not like the guy is a bum and was doing stupid stuff off the field to put himself in that position. He's just a guy struggling with depression who lost the will to play football.

Even if it were for another team I'd still root for the guy to come back and succeed.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best gamble of the whole offseason...even moreso than Dez to Dallas simply because that's a gamble (Dez is the truth)...I absolutely love this move, and I wish Andrews the best of luck...he's still a pre-prime OL who is absolutely dominant when he's got it going.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Best gamble of the whole offseason...even moreso than Dez to Dallas simply because that's a gamble (Dez is the truth)...I absolutely love this move, and I wish Andrews the best of luck...he's still a pre-prime OL who is absolutely dominant when he's got it going.
Meh. Backs are tough to recover from. Mix in some depression, and it's even tougher.

Plus, he's so far behind, it's gonna be hard for him to crack the starting lineup at this point in time. It's one thing if we got him in the beginning of training camp, but it's so late now, the roster has pretty much been formed at this point outside some fringe guys who won't make an impact anyway.

If he pans out, it's a bonus. But I'm not expecting it to happen. I do like the signing though, it was a good gamble.