Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 07-28-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed Mark Brunell to a 2 year deal.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:41 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
JW do you guys all feel that Scott is worth the big contract he recieved?
Given the Jets had the #1 defense in the NFL last year (and I think having Scott helped a lot with the transition to Ryan's scheme), it's tough to say it was a bad move right now. However, I'm sure he'll be viewed as overpaid and not that good in a few years, probably get cut like Faneca did. But as of right now, tough to really complain about any defensive additions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
What are you guy going to do with the FA's on the Team? Revis will get signed but what about Harris and Mangold one I think will get a Tender put on him but the other. The Jets can't afford to Lose either of them.
Well Mangold's going to be a RFA which helps a lot, Revis has 2 years left on his deal after this year, and then Harris can get franchised. As much as I absolutely love David Harris, unless Bart Scott is going to get cut soon he's probably the most expendable of the group. A new contract for him would mean a ton of money to have tied up in a pair of ILB's in a 3-4, just doesn't seem like a good use of cap space. I definitely don't want to see him go, but I could see it happening. Mangold should be here to stay, and they'd better lock up Revis. It'll be interesting to see which WR they keep around too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
We signed Mark Brunell to a 2 year deal.
I don't love this. It'll mean cutting a younger QB who could be a trade chip down the road, and I thought Cavanaugh was supposed to be the mentor. I really don't think Brunell can play much either, KC is no superstar but he knows the offense in and out, I'd rather have him be the backup. Getting excited for the season though, TC coming soon, just starting to get back into football mode.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All Time Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
J-E-T-S, JETS JETS JETS!

QB- Joe Namath, Ken O'Brien, Chad Pennington, Vinny Testaverde

RB- Curtis Martin, Freeman McNeil, Emerson Boozer
FB- Matt Snell, Richie Anderson, Tony Richardson
WR- Don Maynard, Keyshawn Johnson, Wayne Cherbet, Al Toon, Laveraneus Coles
TE- Micky Shuler, Rich Caster, Jerome Barkum

OT- Winston Hill, Marvin Powell, D'Brickashaw Ferguson
OG- Randy Rasmussen, John Schmidt, umm Brandon Moore?
C- Kevin Mawae, Joe Fields, Nick Mangold

DT- Joe Klecko, John Elliot, Marty Lyons, Jason Ferguson

DE- Mark Gastineau, John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, Gary Phibin, Marvin Washington
LB- Mo Lewis, Kyle Clifton, Marvin Jones, Larry Grantham, David Harris, Al Atkinson

CB- Darrelle Revis, Aaron Glenn, James Hasty, Marcus Coleman
S- Bill Baird, Erik McMillan, Dainard Paulson, Victor Green

K- Pat Leahy, James Hall
KR- Leon Washington
Anyone I forgot/shouldnt be on the list? I threw Brandon Moore on there because I had a tough time remembering any guards and Ive always liked the guy.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...n_company.html

My sympathy. Santonio Holmes has it. :( :( :(
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brunell will help a ton mentoring Sanchez, and will be like another QB coach.

God help you if he has to play though.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jets released Kevin Basped. I know a lot of people liked his potential but I guess there is too much of a crowd at linebacker.

I'm also hearing that Matt Slauson is looking really good and has the edge over Vlad Ducasse at LG.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-09-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Vernon Gholston had a monster day today...not something that happens all the time. Maybe the move to DE helps him a lot more than I expected?

Revis' camp also supposedly gave Tanny a proposal to show Woody on Friday, hopefully it's reasonable enough that they can work something out. At this point I think him playing this season is kind of a 50/50 proposition, don't think he's bluffing about sitting out the year which would really suck.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else going to the game tonight? im pretty excited to check out the new stadium
Old 08-17-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cro is lookin good out there. I liked what I saw out of him. With him, Kyle and Revis (eventually), that's gonna be an awfully hard secondary to throw on.

I love Rex's schemes. Absolutely love em.

Greene is running like a beast too.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Cro is lookin good out there. I liked what I saw out of him. With him, Kyle and Revis (eventually), that's gonna be an awfully hard secondary to throw on.

I love Rex's schemes. Absolutely love em.

Greene is running like a beast too.
Yeah, Cro is going to be a great fit for our D. I think he'll do fine in man to man coverage. I never realized how freakish he is athletically. He's exactaly how I would build my perfect CB.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-17-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, Cro is going to be a great fit for our D. I think he'll do fine in man to man coverage. I never realized how freakish he is athletically. He's exactaly how I would build my perfect CB.
Yeah as long as they keep it simple for him and just throw him in press man (which i'm sure Rex will do), he's gonna be a good pick up.

With so many contracts coming up, if all these Jets perform the way they're capable of, I have no idea how you guys keep all of them.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah as long as they keep it simple for him and just throw him in press man (which i'm sure Rex will do), he's gonna be a good pick up.

With so many contracts coming up, if all these Jets perform the way they're capable of, I have no idea how you guys keep all of them.
Yeah, Tanny is going to have a tough off season next year. Lots of big name players contracts are up after this year. I honestly don't have a clue what they're going to do but I do have a feeling this will be David Harris' last year as a Jet. I much rather prefer us giving contracts to Brick and Mangold than a ILB. They also have a decison to make about Holmes and Edwards.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-17-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, Tanny is going to have a tough off season next year. Lots of big name players contracts are up after this year. I honestly don't have a clue what they're going to do but I do have a feeling this will be David Harris' last year as a Jet. I much rather prefer us giving contracts to Brick and Mangold than a ILB. They also have a decison to make about Holmes and Edwards.
Well Brick's got his deal already. I believe if there's no CBA by the time FA comes along then Revis and Harris would both be RFA's because they would need 6 years of service (not sure) to be UFA's, so that helps because you can at least get some compensation. Holmes, Mangold, and Cromartie all would be at 5 years service (kind of funny, we've got 1/8 of that 2006 first round with Brick as well) so they would be restricted as well. Then at least you'l be getting something back for all of those if you tender and lose them. Edwards is the big name UFA in that case. If there's a new CBA then there could be trouble though.

By the way, this is what I understand the rules to be from what I read somewhere, could be completely wrong, but as far as I know that's how things will go.

It is nice that there are multiple guys at some positions (CB, WR) where you really only NEED one back and Harris is a great player but ILB isn't super critical. Add in that these guys love playing for Rex, and at least there's some pull keeping them in NY. That could all change with a disaster season though. To me, the one MUST is Mangold, though I'd like a bunch of them back.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Well Brick's got his deal already. I believe if there's no CBA by the time FA comes along then Revis and Harris would both be RFA's because they would need 6 years of service (not sure) to be UFA's, so that helps because you can at least get some compensation. Holmes, Mangold, and Cromartie all would be at 5 years service (kind of funny, we've got 1/8 of that 2006 first round with Brick as well) so they would be restricted as well. Then at least you'l be getting something back for all of those if you tender and lose them. Edwards is the big name UFA in that case. If there's a new CBA then there could be trouble though.

By the way, this is what I understand the rules to be from what I read somewhere, could be completely wrong, but as far as I know that's how things will go.

It is nice that there are multiple guys at some positions (CB, WR) where you really only NEED one back and Harris is a great player but ILB isn't super critical. Add in that these guys love playing for Rex, and at least there's some pull keeping them in NY. That could all change with a disaster season though. To me, the one MUST is Mangold, though I'd like a bunch of them back.
Nah, you guys don't need Mangold, you should just let him go across town...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

****, I forgot Brick got his deal done.

Anyways, I was pretty happy with the way the starters played last night. The backups, well thats another story.

Positives
- Sanchez and Clemens both looked really good last night. You can tell Sanchez woked hard over the spring and it payed off.

- I'm so excited about the WR's this year. Wha a turn around from the start of last year. Holmes is going to add another dimension to our offense, Edwards is catching the ball consistently and Cotchery is being Cotchery.

- I don't think LT is done yet. The stat line wasn't good but he did show a burst and some speed.

- Cromartie looked really good as did Kyle Wilson.

- Gholston got some pressure on the QB which was reallly nice to see. He just needs to add some weight.

- With Wallace Wright gone, it was nice to see Eric Smith step up on ST with that punt block.

Negatives
- Joe McKnight looked terrible. He didn't show us anything.

- Lowery and Coleman got burned. Although I think Lowery will be fine as a dime.

- Brunell really plays old. O'Connell was terrible as well.

Other

- Ducasse and Slausen both looked ok. Neither separated themselves from one another.

- The stat line was good but I'm not comfortable with Nick Folk as our K.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-17-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think realistically, you keep 1 of the 2 WRs (Holmes or Braylon depending on who has the better year), keep Mangold for sure.

Now the question is do you keep Cro or David Harris long term? I can see the team franchising 1 of the 2 to keep both for another year, but I don't see how you can keep both long term.

I think the progress of Kyle Wilson will play a role, as will the production of Bart Scott. Scott isn't exactly young, so you have to factor that into the decision. And if Kyle Wilson lights it up, you gotta ask yourself if it's worth resigning Cro to big time money.

It's a tough decision. David Harris is a beast. I personally hope you guys do let him go, so we can sign him in FA, (or let us grab Mangold from ya), but this would be a tough decision.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
trojanbrutha
Rookie

trojanbrutha hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

TroyAthletics Just heard from Boris Lee, he has been signed by the New York Jets. Congrats!
half a minute ago via TweetDeck

"I like it when people underestimate us," Addison said. "I feel real confident in the guys we have back there. The guys we lost are no better than the guys we have now. The guys we have now are more sound. We're a faster defense, we just have to get a little more physical. I know we'll get the job done and we're going to prove we can get the job done."

Last edited by trojanbrutha : 08-18-2010 at 12:07 PM.
trojanbrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2010/...deal?ref=yahoo

Who trusts Tim Cowlishaw?

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
I don't. Once Adam Shefter or Rich Cimini report it, I'll believe it.

The Jets and Nick Mangold are close to a contract agreement. The deal is reported to make him the highest paid center in the league.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-22-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Initially i didn't believe him either. But only an absolute idiot would report something this big and be wrong about it, it would completely ruin his reputation and i don't think Cowlishaw would do that to himself

Sig by Me
Old 08-24-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

In other news, the Jets have place Ropati Pioitua on IR.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Fanhouse is also reporting that Revis and the Jets are close on a new deal.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/24/s...-there-on-deal

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-24-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In other news, the Jets have place Ropati Pioitua on IR.
That hurts a lot, he was gonna provide solid DL depth this year.

And I really believe Revis will get signed sometime this week. I feel like I'm one of the few, but I don't blame Revis for holding out as long as he did, and welcome him back completely.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
That hurts a lot, he was gonna provide solid DL depth this year.

And I really believe Revis will get signed sometime this week. I feel like I'm one of the few, but I don't blame Revis for holding out as long as he did, and welcome him back completely.
As long as he doesn't get the $160 million deal, there will be no hard feelings from me either

Sig by Me
Old 08-25-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
As long as he doesn't get the $160 million deal, there will be no hard feelings from me either
Supposedly it might be pretty damn close to it.

https://twitter.com/mortreport

Quote:
Bob Pompeani or @KDPomp of KDKA (Pittsburgh - where Revis played college ball) tweeted he "hears" deal is 10-yrs, $150m, $65m guaranteed