Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd keep Ratliff over McCoy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:26 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Having a need at quarterback doesn't necessitate taking an awful one. Colt McCoy was a pure shotgun QB with a girly weak arm coming into a windy, inclement weather division like the AFC North. There are many who believe that it adds years of development coming out of a pure shotgun system such as Joe Montana and Mel Kiper.

I hope like hell we get Jake Locker. But there were a ton of players I would have much rather had with that 3rd round pick.

As for whether or not it's worth its own thread... he was supposed to be one of the marquee quarterbacks in this class and he may not even make it one year before being cut? Seems like a pretty big deal to me.
If the browns get Locker I will cry my eyes out. Im a huge UW fan and I really want him to succeed and not go to an awful place like cleaveland or kansas city.. ughhh.

Hopefully the seahawks get him
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh don't worry, Locker is going to the Buffalo Bills....

hahahahahahaha

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills seem so devoid of talent to me t hat I think I'm going to be surprised with their win total. Like, a team can't be as bad as I expect them to be.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
If the browns get Locker I will cry my eyes out. Im a huge UW fan and I really want him to succeed and not go to an awful place like cleaveland or kansas city.. ughhh.

Hopefully the seahawks get him
i think the browns and chiefs are on their way to being a lot better. Getting a stud QB would eventually put either team in contention. At least Cleveland has a good running game and offensive line built in already.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
i think the browns and chiefs are on their way to being a lot better. Getting a stud QB would eventually put either team in contention. At least Cleveland has a good running game and offensive line built in already.
I think you're right that Cleveland would be better with a stud QB(not sure about compete) but I disagree with KC. Cassell can at least be an above average QB if he is given the right coaching and has weapons to throw to, which he should have this season. KC's problem is defense, especially up the middle and with the pass rush. Until that is sorted they will struggle but both teams are improving.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:54 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
The Bills seem so devoid of talent to me t hat I think I'm going to be surprised with their win total. Like, a team can't be as bad as I expect them to be.
they have good corners, basically they have one of the better defensive backfields to be quite honest, a good stable of running backs but thats all ive got

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:54 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw is jerome harrison gonna be the browns starter at tailback?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:05 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
btw is jerome harrison gonna be the browns starter at tailback?
Technically, yes, but they've got at least 2 running backs they like to use in Harrison and Peyton Hillis and then Montario Hardesty will be back for week 1 and they really like him, so it wouldn't be surprising to see a lot of all 3.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
You say that like the Chiefs don't.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I don't know how good the Chiefs running game is, but the Browns ran for 2,000 yards last year.

My question is why the hell isn't Jamaal Charles the starter?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas Jones + Jamaal Charles = Problems! (For defenses)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well i never said the chiefs didn't have a good running game. I just elaborated on the browns b/c they have a better Oline. We won the last 4 games in 2009 with no passing game whatsoever.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know how good the Chiefs running game is, but the Browns ran for 2,000 yards last year.

My question is why the hell isn't Jamaal Charles the starter?
The Chiefs had over 1,900 rushing yards last year which put them 11th in the NFL, would have been more had LJ not been starting the first few weeks.

They are not going to have a true starting RB Charles and Jones will split the carries, and Charles had his shoulder worked on in the off season no reason to over use him in meaningless games.

Todd Haley has said a million times the hot hand will get the ball, which more times then not will be Charles.

As a Chiefs fan I don't have much to look forward to so don't take away the one good thing they do.:)

Last edited by Splat : 08-26-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
The Chiefs had over 1,900 rushing yards last year which put them 11th in the NFL, would have been more had LJ not been starting the first few weeks.

The Chiefs are not going to have a true starting RB Charles and Jones will split the carries, and Charles had his shoulder worked on in the off season no reason to over use him in meaningless games.
I'll see your Larry Johnson and raise you the rotting carcass of Jamal Lewis for a large chunk of the season
Old 08-26-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Oh don't worry, Locker is going to the Buffalo Bills....

hahahahahahaha
...Jake Locker is perfect for Chan Gaileys system
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
I'll see your Larry Johnson and raise you the rotting carcass of Jamal Lewis for a large chunk of the season
Jamal Lewis - Car 143 Yards 500 Avg 3.5 TD's 0

Larry Johnson - Car 178 Yards 581 Avg 3.3 TD's 0

The suckyness is pretty equal. :)
Old 08-26-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
...Jake Locker is perfect for Chan Gaileys system

I was making fun of his pleading that Locker not go to a crappy location.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamaal Charles is gonna beast it up this year... The Chiefs may be one of the most improved teams in the league. If I remember correctly Bowe had a bit of a down year (suspended right?) Anyways, Jamaal Charles > Harrison for sure, but I think the Browns D and special teams are much better than the Chiefs although the Chiefs have a better O.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Jamaal Charles is gonna beast it up this year... The Chiefs may be one of the most improved teams in the league. If I remember correctly Bowe had a bit of a down year (suspended right?) Anyways, Jamaal Charles > Harrison for sure, but I think the Browns D and special teams are much better than the Chiefs although the Chiefs have a better O.
Cribbs is a beast for sure but Javier Arenas is a heck of a KR in his own right, and Dustin Colquitt is one of the best punters in the league and you can't forget about Ryan Succop at K.

That said their D is pretty much a mess, I look for them to improve on D but not by a great deal, I'm in no way saying they are a playoff team because they are not.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cribbs is a beast for sure but Javier Arenas is a heck of a KR in his own right, and Dustin Colquitt is one of the best punters in the league and you can't forget about Ryan Succop at K.

That said their D is pretty much a mess, I look for them to improve on D but not by a great deal.
Ya Cribbs is the man but I'm not just talking about Cribbs. Sadly Zastudil is hurt, but Dawson and our coverage is also amazing.

I like the Chiefs offense alot and I'm looking forward to going to the game on the 19th, should be a close game and alot of fun to be at.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 08-26-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:

That said their D is pretty much a mess, I look for them to improve on D but not by a great deal.
Cribbs is the marquee special teams player as a returner obviously, but what really seperates the Browns' special teams is their coverage and Cribbs is a big part of that as a gunner. Phil Dawson is a great kicker. We lost Zastudil for the season, but Hodges hasn't been bad, but our coverage guys just don't give up. And Blake Costanzo is the grittiest S.O.B. out there and seems to come up with a ton of fumbles.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Ya Cribbs is the man but I'm not just talking about Cribbs. Sadly Zastudil is hurt, but Dawson and our coverage is also amazing.

I like the Chiefs offense alot and I'm looking forward to going to the game on the 19th, should be a close game and alot of fun to be at.
Should be alot of points in that game for both teams, but I don't think they will be kicking the ball to Cribbs this time around. :)

FYI, I was at that game last year.

Last edited by Splat : 08-26-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Should be alot of points in that game for both teams, but I don't think they will be kicking the ball to Cribbs this time around. :)

FYI, I was at that game last year.
I was getting so pissed off that game in the first half at a bar then Jerome went off... I was literally rooting for it to go to overtime so he could get the single game rushing record, that **** was insane.