Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Armstead below Julian Peterson and tony ******* siragusa actually angers me. that's such garbage
How are you not offended by the horrendous action of forgetting a certain #40....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
How are you not offended by the horrendous action of forgetting a certain #40....
i didn't even make it that far. my work computer is so slow it took ages to get from 81 to 98. But I don't want to even view that travesty
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#63 Willie Lanier

Quote:
Lanier, an All-Pro every year from 1968 through 1977, was the first African-American star at middle linebacker. He played his entire 11-year career for the Chiefs
Beast.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
And making an argument for Aikman over Young? Really?

Ah, Cowboys fans. Gotta love 'em.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew Ray Lewis had 52 on lock
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No offense to either of their great careers but anyone picking Aikman over Steve Young in a vacuum has probably never seen either of them play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Otto Graham was so good he won #14 and #60.

Wait, really? Instead of giving 14 to Fouts? What a crock.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Ah, Cowboys fans. Gotta love 'em.
They'll be telling us Emmitt was better than Barry next.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Emmitt is not even in my top five.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live in Tampa so I am absolutely biased but do ya'll really believe Seau is better than D. Brooks at 55? The year the Bucs won the SBXXXVII, Brooks was the Defensive player off the year hands down, played like a DPOY throughout the playoffs and even was mentioned in the NFL MVP discussion. I donít think he should have been the NFL MVP but just to be mentioned as a LBer is saying something. He had a few other good years as well, just curious what you guys think.

The disputed champ
J. Seau...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_Seau

The Challenger
D. Brooks...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Brooks
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why exactly is Torry Holt listed as 88 and not 81...his better year were clearly after he switched...

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
Why exactly is Torry Holt listed as 88 and not 81...his better year were clearly after he switched...
Because Randy Moss.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donovan McNabb is #5 over 2 Hall of Famers, when he is not a Hall of Famer, yet the article says it's the Best NFL Player by Jersey Number?
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Troy Aikman over Steve Young WTF!?
That is ******* ********!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy Aikman was no better than Brad Johnson statistically. The only difference is Aikman was on much better teams. And Randy Moss needs to be on this.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Troy Aikman was no better than Brad Johnson statistically. The only difference is Aikman was on much better teams. And Randy Moss needs to be on this.
I can appreciate the argument that Steve Young is better than Troy Aikman, but this is ridiculous. He's criminally underrated.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
I can appreciate the argument that Steve Young is better than Troy Aikman, but this is ridiculous. He's criminally underrated.
Troy Aikman? Explain.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-29-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Troy Aikman? Explain.
Most people look at his passing stats and the running game and assume he didn't do very much, but when people ask the other Cowboys players who was the most important element on that team, to a man they say it is Troy Aikman, especially Michael Irvin.

The Cowboys were probably the most successful example in history of the patients running the asylum because they respected Troy Aikman so much as a leader. This is largely the reason Barry Switzer was basically just going along for the ride when he got his Superbowl ring.

As for his statistics... were they out of this world? Certainly not, but he was a 6 time Pro Bowler for some reason and an All Pro in 1993 when he completed 69.1% of his passes.

Winning 3 Superbowls is an incredibly difficult feat for anyone. Look at Peyton Manning. The Colts have a juggeranught offense and he's only been able to win 1 ring thus far. Aikman has 3.

He was a great quarterback. Certainly better than Brad freaking Johnson
Old 08-29-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Most people look at his passing stats and the running game and assume he didn't do very much, but when people ask the other Cowboys players who was the most important element on that team, to a man they say it is Troy Aikman, especially Michael Irvin.
A wide receiver saying the quarterback is the most important part of the team? How strange!

Quote:
The Cowboys were probably the most successful example in history of the patients running the asylum because they respected Troy Aikman so much as a leader. This is largely the reason Barry Switzer was basically just going along for the ride when he got his Superbowl ring.
He was a great leader. Sweet. How does this make him underrated?

Quote:
As for his statistics... were they out of this world? Certainly not, but he was a 6 time Pro Bowler for some reason and an All Pro in 1993 when he completed 69.1% of his passes.
6 Pro Bowls because he was a decent quarterback for the Cowboys. He threw for a very high percentage in one year. ONE single year.

Quote:
Winning 3 Superbowls is an incredibly difficult feat for anyone. Look at Peyton Manning. The Colts have a juggeranught offense and he's only been able to win 1 ring thus far. Aikman has 3.
The Colts juggernaut offense IS Peyton Manning, whereas the Cowboys juggernaut offense included Aikman. But by your logic Aikman > Manning. Keep living in your fantasy world.

Quote:
He was a great quarterback. Certainly better than Brad freaking Johnson
In the leadership department, yeah. As a passer? Don't buy it.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 08-29-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

I love it. You are either disregarding what was said, putting your own spin on what was said, or coming up with ridiculous ******** like saying Peyton Manning IS the Colts offense.

Continuing this argument would be an unbelievable waste of effort.

You win. Brad Johnson is just as good as Troy Aikman. Aikman just lucked out by being on those Cowboys teams