Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 08-31-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Josh Wilson Traded

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/

I really dont get this one, even if walter thurmond was doing well i dont think that means we get rid of our second best corner for a fifth round pick. Ive supported and put up with the new regimes ways (charlie whitehurst). But i really dont get this one, especially because kelly jennings sucks.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This one doesn't bother me as much as the Whitehurst deal. Wheras C.W. is essentially a 28-year old developmental prospect and cost us a third-rounder, trading away Josh Wilson means we gave up a guy who, in four years, was basically a nickel back and rotational starter. In Walter Thurmond we've got a guy who is already (per the coaches) a solid nickel guy and potential starter. I don't have a problem with a team trading away fairly mediocre role players and allowing young talent an opportunity to show what they can do.

On the other hand, I am still mildly annoyed about the Whitehurst trade. If he can stick around for, say, 6 years and in that span be a quality backup QB, I think there's some value in that. I think a lot of teams would gladly give up a third-rounder for a guy who can be a somewhat dependable insurance policy for the starter. But If the intention here is to take a guy who's already nearing 30 and saying, "We want to give this guy a couple years and see if he can become our starter down the line," I don't like the trade, period, because forget the draft pick- you're putting an investment of *years* into an unproven guy who might, best case, start for 6-8 years instead of drafting a 22-year who could conceivably give you 12-15.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 08-31-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely agree with you calub, as far as whitehurst being a back up fro us and to groom him to be a matt schaub in atlanta. But as far as wilson, we traded away a fairly young player at a position where injuries have seemingly hit us the past couple years. Im not saying hes the next great thing at cornerback, but its exactly what you said hes a nickel back and a rotational starter and a fairly good one at it. I just think we got rid of a good player for nothing.

Old 08-31-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh.

Think about the pass defense last year... Trufant's bad season was an aberration but pretty much anyone else who had anything to do with that secondary should not be part of the future plans...
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson was the only guy worth a damn in our secondary last year, and the year before.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

PLus we lost an explosice return guy