Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
First I wasn't saying you were being a "homer", I was merely stating that Steeler fans need to channel any negative feelings onto Ben so he realizes he needs to grow up.

Secondly, Goodell can't be consist in these suspensions because he is taking every infraction on a case by case basis. That being being said, Ben's file has more paper so naturally he's not going to get a slap on the wrist with this being his 2nd time.
I know you didn't call me a homer, but I know some people will start claiming me to be a homer because I think the suspension is ********.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* hate Goodell. If Roethlisberger had a darker skin tone he'd be out for the season.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I know you didn't call me a homer, but I know some people will start claiming me to be a homer because I think the suspension is ********.

Well of course, he's on your team and this frankly could ruin your teams whole season.

Just as my being in favor of the suspension could be used against me seeing as its a star player on my team's biggest rival.

Frankly I feel Roger, while being a bit heavy handed at times, is cleaning up the image of the league and not letting the players run rampant with indiscretions. They need to realize that while they're fame and popularity can keep them from the letter of the legal system, its not going to slide in their own house.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason ben got suspended was cause of the massive media coverage. If all the other guys would have gotten near the attention they'd be suspended too.

Sex sells, and ESPN sold Goodell on a suspension.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
I ******* hate Goodell. If Roethlisberger had a darker skin tone he'd be out for the season.
I'm actually shocked it took to the 2nd page before racism was brought up. Its a sad state of affairs that this train is never late.....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As predicted by anyone and everyone even remotely associated with Football.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Well of course, he's on your team and this frankly could ruin your teams whole season.

Just as my being in favor of the suspension could be used against me seeing as its a star player on my team's biggest rival.

Frankly I feel Roger, while being a bit heavy handed at times, is cleaning up the image of the league and not letting the players run rampant with indiscretions. They need to realize that while they're fame and popularity can keep them from the letter of the legal system, its not going to slide in their own house.
Cleaning up the league would punish all the convicted crimes other players come up with. Yeah rape>>>>DUI, carrying gun in airport, assulting in a club, but they're still crimes that should get punished for. It don't matter if they aren't really as well known as Big Ben, it's just showing kids it's ok to get charged with a crime, and not do anything about it. That's just my opinion. But I do agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
The only reason ben got suspended was cause of the massive media coverage. If all the other guys would have gotten near the attention they'd be suspended too.

Sex sells, and ESPN sold Goodell on a suspension.

I agree with this a lot.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Goodell's punishments have nothing to do with the crime itself.

It has everything to do with how much publicity your crime or accusation receives. He's a politician of sorts.

You could do nothing, but get a ton of bad media for it, and he'll lay the hammer down on ya. You could actually commit a crime, and no one will broadcast it much, and he'll sweep it under the rug.

Goodell is all about public perception.
He's the son of a Senator from NY, many say about Commissioner Goodell that he's a son of something else :-). But maybe the a-hole didnt fall too far from the tree.

This is just me but b/c it was his 2nd offense in 2 offseasons he should have been suspended for the yr. And I think Federal criminal Vick should never have been allowed back in the NFL.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-03-2010 at 03:54 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seattle LB Leroy Hill, who was black the last time i looked, got one game for admitting to punching his live-in girlfriend. Had he been a high profile QB it looks like he would have gotten much more.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The evidence was "damning," oh wow, then why wasn't he charged? Seriously that is a really stupid thing to say. He may have done it, he may not have, but they have next to zero evidence so he didn't even get charged with a crime. Basically Roethlisberger got suspended on innuendo. It's like the poor Duke Lacrosse team, only they were actually charged.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Which explains perfectly why Cedric Benson and Vince Young got no suspensions handed out to them. Let's think before we speak.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 games per rape=bargain
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The evidence was "damning," oh wow, then why wasn't he charged? Seriously that is a really stupid thing to say. He may have done it, he may not have, but they have next to zero evidence so he didn't even get charged with a crime. Basically Roethlisberger got suspended on innuendo. It's like the poor Duke Lacrosse team, only they were actually charged.
Ben's case is actually similar to all the accusations against Lance Armstrong. Both have no concrete evidence according to the law, but if you read between the lines, the evidence is there and its obvious.

Ben and his pose went through great lengths to cover up what happened that night. An innocent man doesn't need to cover up anything.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was against the suspension.

just put him in a big boy jail for a couple of nights. boom lesson learned.

this doesnt even everything out though, he doesnt have to listen to his rapist's half hearted apology while he smiles and walks back to his millions of dollars.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrz
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
2 games per rape=bargain
LMAO. I think he'll be back for more at these rates.

^Thanks BK!
Bengalsrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to wonder though...he must really be a giant ******* douchebag to not be able to get laid as an NFL QB. I mean, he can practically walk into a bar and take home 90% of the girls in there...but he resorts to rape? The guy must have no game whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
You have to wonder though...he must really be a giant ******* douchebag to not be able to get laid as an NFL QB. I mean, he can practically walk into a bar and take home 90% of the girls in there...but he resorts to rape? The guy must have no game whatsoever.
Though he is a stupidly rich professional quarterback, he is pretty damn ugly to be fair.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Which explains perfectly why Cedric Benson and Vince Young got no suspensions handed out to them. Let's think before we speak.
This isn't really anything to get all uppity about but, let's think about it for a second, then. Cedric Benson and Vince Young got into fights at a bar and nightclub, respectively. Ben Roethlisberger raped some ***** at a nightclub.

Who the hell hasn't gotten into an altercation of some sort at a bar? Damn near everybody. Nobody deserves to be suspended for getting into a fight at a bar or club. Goodell probably just saw it as two black dudes getting crazy at a function, and didn't think twice about it. If this one John Henderson's big ass sexually assaulting some girl at a club, he'd damn sure be suspended for more than 4 games.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote