Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'll bookmark it for you. He's useless.
Mike Williams is useless based on what exactly?

What occurred 3 years ago when he was 270 pounds means nothing now.

He's in shape and has been nothing short of awesome with the team this entire training camp and is entrenched as the #3 (assuming Housh is not cut or traded) WR in front of Butler and Tate.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Mike Williams is useless based on what exactly?

What occurred 3 years ago when he was 270 pounds means nothing now.

He's in shape and has been nothing short of awesome with the team this entire training camp and is entrenched as the #3 (assuming Housh is not cut or traded) WR in front of Butler and Tate.

I like that you conveniently left out how worthless he was in Detroit before he was 270 pounds.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 years ago, as a rookie - after a year off.

He's already admitted that he didn't work at all with that team, which was a complete disaster zone as well.

If you don't think someone can resurrect their career (like Cedric Benson did) then that's fine, but the fact is we're projecting "usefullness" based on what we've actually seen.

You are just commenting on someone who you last saw play football 4 years ago.

My guess is he'll contribute to the tune of 40+ catches, 600ish yards, and 3 or 4 touchdowns. If that's useless by your standards, then that's fine.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like that you conveniently left out how worthless he was in Detroit before he was 270 pounds.

He was fat when he reported to camp as a rookie. The only time he was anywhere near in shape was with the Titans, where he eventually got down to 242 after reporting to camp at 271.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 09-02-2010 at 11:32 PM.
XxXdragonXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4 years ago, as a rookie - after a year off.

He's already admitted that he didn't work at all with that team, which was a complete disaster zone as well.

If you don't think someone can resurrect their career (like Cedric Benson did) then that's fine, but the fact is we're projecting "usefullness" based on what we've actually seen.

You are just commenting on someone who you last saw play football 4 years ago.

My guess is he'll contribute to the tune of 40+ catches, 600ish yards, and 3 or 4 touchdowns. If that's useless by your standards, then that's fine.
You keep making my point for me. He's barely played for 4 years. Has accomplished absolutely nothing at the pro level. Yet he's supposed to miraculously contribute something worthwhile because he lost some weight?

The fact that your calling me out for making baseless claims is pretty hilarious being that you're basing yours on the fact that he's looked pretty good in one preseason.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In shape for the first time in his NFL career.

Trying for the first time in his NFL career.

Looking "pretty good" for the first time in his NFL career.

Like I said, we'll revisit this later in the season.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You keep making my point for me. He's barely played for 4 years. Has accomplished absolutely nothing at the pro level. Yet he's supposed to miraculously contribute something worthwhile because he lost some weight?

The fact that your calling me out for making baseless claims is pretty hilarious being that you're basing yours on the fact that he's looked pretty good in one preseason.
Accomplished nothing at the pro level means absolutely nothing. He is a new player right now. Think Cedric Benson.

He hasn't barely played for four years. He's been playing and working out extensively for the past 5 months... this is a fact.

basing yours on the fact that he's looked pretty good in one preseason. - Exactly. I'm basing my point of view on a relevant FACT, as you just said.

You on the other hand are making a claim based on facts from four years ago.

You can discount preseason, but for a player in this situation it is extremely telling for him to have some success. Beating NFL DBs and making grabs with your starting QB in live action does count for something, ESPECIALLY for someone who has NEVER shown that at the NFL level before AND is coming back from a long hiatus.

Like Dragon said, we'll re-visit this.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about Cedric Benson and his career revival is that he has actually done it. Check back with me after the season if Mike Williams produces like this all year long.

Don't get me wrong, I have alot of sympathy for the guy. He was royally screwed by the NCAA and their ******** bureaucracy, but at the same time he has accomplished NOTHING on the NFL. I'm not saying he can't, but its going to take alot more then some successful preseason games to show that he can. Like I said, check back after the regular season and we will see then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Accomplished nothing at the pro level means absolutely nothing. He is a new player right now. Think Cedric Benson.

Ugh. This is where I stop. I don't know how you just typed that first sentence without thinking "Wait. Maybe what I'm saying makes absolutely zero sense and I should just stop right here."

Why is he a new player? Because he lost some weight? Do you have any idea how many players do that every offseason with no results because they already suck? Preseason is worthless. You can try to spin that in any way you want but the fact is that it's not a worthwhile thing to look at when projecting future success.

Last edited by yo123 : 09-03-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Cedric Benson is mentioned as proof that a career revival in today's NFL is plausible.

He hasn't accomplished anything yet aside from rising up the Seahawks depth chart but that doesn't mean he can't accomplish anything this season.

We will see.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ugh. This is where I stop. I don't know how you just typed that first sentence without thinking "Wait. Maybe what I'm saying makes absolutely zero sense and I should just stop right here."
What happened in the past means nothing in terms of what he'll do right now. We are telling you he is changed, mostly based on observation (performance) and fact (weight loss).

If you don't believe he can improve after working at his craft then you must not think any player can revive their career or develop at all. If you think the weight-loss and subsequent quickness-gain doesn't mean anything then you are wrong.

If you think he's just not a good football player and never liked him out of college and feel that his talent level is something that could never be molded on the NFL level then that is an interesting opinion...
Old 09-03-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cedric Benson didn't give a damn until the Bears cut him and he ended up with the Bengals. After that, he actually worked hard and played up to his talent.
Mike Williams also has the talent to be good. So far, he has done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt, bouncing around three (?) different camps and being a massive (literally) bust for the Lions. He might be playing well in the preseason, but the real games haven't started yet. If he can play up to his talent this year, more power to him, but I'm not ready to believe it yet.
As far as Housh goes, I don't see anyone wanting to take on his contract. We all knew he was overpayed the second that signing was made.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It depends on how good you guys are arguing MW is gonna end up being. I think he can win a starting spot, and maybe play up to the level of where Reggie Williams was a few years ago, which isn't anything special but certainly a big leap for Williams. I don't know that he's gonna turn into a double digit TD guy, but anything is possible especially for a guy who scored a ridiculous amount of TD's in his short college career.

I certainly think he's gonna amount to something this year, but I really don't expect him to be that special player people thought when he was coming out. That's probably long gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

^ He said "useless". What you described is what I'd consider a useful player...

I don't think the entire receiving corps on that team can eclipse double-digit touchdowns... they have no left tackle, a weak running-game and below average QBs...
Old 09-03-2010, 02:20 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike W may finally come good, but the same positve things were said basically every offseason he's had.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Despite no apparent interest from Bengals, Houshmandzadeh wants to come back

Four teams reportedly show early interest in T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Old 09-04-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Mike W may finally come good, but the same positve things were said basically every offseason he's had.

Even though it's preseason, this is teh first year he actually looked good on the field.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a Mike Williams thread.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Pioli make a call
Old 09-04-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I'd like to see Pioli make a call
No No No.

Where would he fit?

He is no better then Chambers at this point and he is not a slot guy, plus he is 33 and a "me" player he wouldn't fit in at all.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHA. He wants back? After what he said as he left? HAHA

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Works better if your receivers aren't Matt Jones and Reggie Williams....
I think Matt jones brings more to the table than Housh, assuming he's sober.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think Matt jones brings more to the table than Housh, assuming he's sober.

Staying high worked for LT!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TJ would be perfect in Oakland. He is the vet WR we need and a go to guy for Campbell, while DHB and Murphy can stretch the field. Hue Jackson was his WR's coach with the Bengals and hopefully they can make a good connection and he signs with us

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
TJ would be perfect in Oakland. He is the vet WR we need and a go to guy for Campbell, while DHB and Murphy can stretch the field. Hue Jackson was his WR's coach with the Bengals and hopefully they can make a good connection and he signs with us
Why do you think Seattle is trying to get rid of him?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote