Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 08-25-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
Supposedly it might be pretty damn close to it.

https://twitter.com/mortreport
The thing with these contracts is that the way Tannenbaum structures them the players must not be getting nearly all of that money...think about the big contracts he's dished out. Faneca for example is gone what, two years after he signed it? He's got the cap under control IMO. It bothers me a little that he's being so greedy, that kind of contract going past his prime is nowhere near the short term deal Aso signed, but I'm not really that concerned about the cap with Tannenbaum in charge (which would typically be my concern after a mega deal like this).

Also, hooray for Mangold getting a new deal! The OL should be pretty nice long-term.

Completely off-topic, thoughts on the whole Slauson-Ducasse situation? Part of me wanted Slauson to win the job and Ducasse to start getting work at RT to be a successor to Woody, but as the situation continues it looks like they want to keep him at guard which is kind of disappointing. I'd really like a draftee to come in and replace Woody soon, he's rough to watch in pass pro out there sometimes.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Completely off-topic, thoughts on the whole Slauson-Ducasse situation? Part of me wanted Slauson to win the job and Ducasse to start getting work at RT to be a successor to Woody, but as the situation continues it looks like they want to keep him at guard which is kind of disappointing. I'd really like a draftee to come in and replace Woody soon, he's rough to watch in pass pro out there sometimes.
I pretty much agree. I really don't like Ducasse inside at G at all. I want Slauson to start at G and start grooming Ducasee to take over for Woddy. If Slauson doesn't work out, we could draft more of a true G next year, not a tweener like Ducasse.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty disheartening game so far. I've been up and down about how this team is going to be this year, but right now definitely feeling more negative than positive.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a pathetic performance. I don't even want to get in depth on the game.

3 positives.

A) LT still has something left in the tank.
B) McKnight may never make it as a RB but he sure can return punts.
C) Gholston is looking better each and every week.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-28-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
That was a pathetic performance. I don't even want to get in depth on the game.

3 positives.

A) LT still has something left in the tank.
B) McKnight may never make it as a RB but he sure can return punts.
C) Gholston is looking better each and every week.
If only that could make up for the fact that the offense can't put points up on the board and drops the ball on the ground like it's greased up...lot of work to be done on that side of the ball. I'm concerned this is a take a step back to (hopefully) take a couple steps forward season.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Someone needs to light a fire under Sanchez' ass. Rex and company baby him and it will come back and bite him and the rest of the team in the ass. Sanchez will be the reason why we are a 10-11 win team or a 6-7 win team.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-29-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Pace out 4-6 weeks. Right now we'd open the season without our best pass rusher and receiver, plus in all likelihood our best corner by a long shot.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Well the Pace injury sucks but I do think Thomas and Westerman can fill in and do a good job. That doesn't concern me too much.

There are rumors that we're talking to Adalius Thomas. It would be an interesting pick up but I don't know how much he has left.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Coles contemplates retirement

I find it interesting that he would be interested at becoming a scout for our organization.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-30-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

So apparently T-Rich and Conner are both sticking around, and four tight ends (Keller and Hartsock aren't surprises but I wasn't sure either of Mulligan and Cumberland would make the team - let alone both) will be on the roster. Hope that doesn't cause any problems with depth in other areas. I do love both fullbacks though and Cumberland's upside is very intriguing.

Side note, I kind of want a John Conner jersey. I feel like it would be pretty badass and really different from your standard Revis/Sanchez stuff.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have a feeling Holmes will be good this year, but i may be wrong. does he have any fantasy value in a 8 man league?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
i have a feeling Holmes will be good this year, but i may be wrong. does he have any fantasy value in a 8 man league?
Well he gets 12 games, a lot of players on the offense to get touches, and young QB who doesn't look good right now. On the flip side he's the team's most explosive offensive player and by far the best WR. I wouldn't expect much this year, though I could certainly be wrong.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

The Bears cut Jarron Gilbert. Hopefully we give him a look because I remember all of us liking him as a prospect last year. He's a tweener in the 43 but I think he could become a solid DE in the 34.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-05-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
The Bears cut Jarron Gilbert. Hopefully we give him a look because I remember all of us liking him as a prospect last year. He's a tweener in the 43 but I think he could become a solid DE in the 34.
Apparently we picked up Patrick Turner from the 'Phins and DE Marcus Dixon from the Cowboys and dropped Clowney and Chauncey Washington (who I liked) to make room. Turner should be able to tell us some about Miami and have nice chemistry with Sanchez and hopefully Dixon can be productive on the DL. Also would be nice to keep Washington on the PS.

EDIT: Also picked up a OT from the Panthers who played for the Vikes last year as a UDFA and cut T-Rich to do it, not a huge fan of the move.

Apparently Leon's wife posted something on Twitter about Jets fans being happy soon, Revis' manager has an early morning meeting, and Ryan was just in So-Fla meeting with Revis at his house. Something brewing perhaps?

EDIT AGAIN: He's baaaaaaaack. Clutch.

Last edited by derza222 : 09-06-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting Revis is so huge. I was really starting to think it wasn't going to happen. Getting Revis back is such a big deal because the team now gets to stop worrying. Even if the offense struggles, the defense now goes back to being potentially the best in the league and maybe even better than last year.

With watching Hard Knocks and all I was really worried about Sanchez and the offense in general, but now I think that offense should be able to perform enough. With Revis and the additions, this defense should be able to compensate for any offensive shortcomings.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Well, I feel a whole lot better today.

As for cutting T-Rich, that's a mistake imo. We're already lacking leadership on the offense and getting rid of our best leader is just adding fuel to the fire.

Edit: He may be coming back today. (T-Rich)

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-06-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, I feel a whole lot better today.

As for cutting T-Rich, that's a mistake imo. We're already lacking leadership on the offense and getting rid of our best leader is just adding fuel to the fire.
Isn't he back already?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Isn't he back already?
T-Rich? Not yet. I'm hearing sometime today.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-06-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Isn't he back already?
I haven't seen anything to that effect, but I hope so. Conner's the future at FB, but Richardson should be kept as long as he want to play.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I haven't seen anything to that effect, but I hope so. Conner's the future at FB, but Richardson should be kept as long as he want to play.
There's some speculation about it on some Jets blogs, and PFT is saying it'll happen. Apparently rationale for it was that if they dropped a younger player yesterday they would've gone on waivers, T-Rich became a free agent. Presumably one of the corners is gone once T-Rich comes back and they probably want to stash them on the PS. I'd guess Brian Jackson.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Signed him to the practice squad, if he plays well I could definitely see him ending up on the roster and being a steal.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Signed him to the practice squad, if he plays well I could definitely see him ending up on the roster and being a steal.
Yesssssss. I dunno if anything will come of him, but I wanted him SO BAD last draft. Think he COULD be a great 3-4 DE.

Obviously he is lacking now seeing as the Bears flat out cut him, but, fingers crossed...
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

There are conflicting reports whether or not we signed Gilbert.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-07-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
There are conflicting reports whether or not we signed Gilbert.
Apparently that's official now. Patrick Turner was just released as well I guess to fit Revis on the roster after that exemption ran out.

Other practice squad stuff: officially signed Chauncey Washington and Cody Brown (2009 2nd round pick by Arizona) to the PS as well as Gilbert and released Don Warren and Ricky Foley (CFL guy).

So one spot left on the practice squad that now consists of Martin Tevaseu, Robby Felix, Larry Taylor, Josh Mauga, and those three. Pretty sure we'll get a good indication as to whether or not we stole Brown or Gilbert, if either of them is any good I'd guess they've got a good shot to move up to the active roster so nobody steals them - particularly Gilbert since he could just take Dixon's spot.

EDIT:

Word is Turner may end up on the PS as well.

Last edited by derza222 : 09-07-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Here is the latest on the PS.

Cody Brown (LB)
Robby Felix (C)
Jarron Gilbert (DL)
Josh Mauga (LB)
Larry Taylor (WR)
Martin Tevaseu (DL)
Chauncey Washington (RB)

I'm so pumped that we have Cody Brown. This could be a huge steal.

Sig by BoneKrusher