Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-07-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default PC Gaming Discussion Thread

I honestly thought we had one of these.. but in 15 min worth of searching I found nothing.

So to get the ball rolling what do you play or what are you waiting for.

Currently my time has been split between SC2 and the FFXIV Online Beta. Anyone else in the beta?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm just old school but I never got in to PC gaming to much outside of maybe a few games, I just prefer consoles.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im playing Aion nowadays, but have been playing wow ever since it came out. Giving it a break until Cataclysm comes out.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I guess I'm just old school but I never got in to PC gaming to much outside of maybe a few games, I just prefer consoles.
Most of the time i do too but certain game types just really suck on a console.

Like RTS and MMOs
Old 09-07-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite games:

Civilization
Counter Strike

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to pwn at any and all of those old Command and Conquer series games. Still play them every once and awhile too.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still play Team Fortress Classic to this day. I wish Valve made TF2 closer to what TFC was.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I still play Team Fortress Classic to this day. I wish Valve made TF2 closer to what TFC was.
TF2 is great. I loved TFC back in the day. I played in OGL back before CAL. I couldn't be happier with TF2.

I'm currently replaying Mass Effect 2. I haven't had time to play as much with school starting, but I also play Starcraft 2 and L4D2(almost to 300 hours) when I get a chance. Those are my regular games with some TF2. Taking a break from WoW until Cataclysm, or I'll be quitting depending on how The Old Republic turns out.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
TF2 is great. I loved TFC back in the day. I played in OGL back before CAL. I couldn't be happier with TF2.

I'm currently replaying Mass Effect 2. I haven't had time to play as much with school starting, but I also play Starcraft 2 and L4D2(almost to 300 hours) when I get a chance. Those are my regular games with some TF2. Taking a break from WoW until Cataclysm, or I'll be quitting depending on how The Old Republic turns out.
I like TF2 fine, but it doesn't have the craziness of TFC. TFC feels to me like i offers more variety of ways to play and doesn't force you to cuddle with teammates so much.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How are you old school by preferring consoles? That's backwards to the nth degree.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
How are you old school by preferring consoles? That's backwards to the nth degree.
I had one of these

long before I had one of these.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I honestly thought we had one of these.. but in 15 min worth of searching I found nothing.

So to get the ball rolling what do you play or what are you waiting for.

Currently my time has been split between SC2 and the FFXIV Online Beta. Anyone else in the beta?
I mostly play Nexus Wars on SC2 (don't have my Bnet # memorized).

I play CS: Source a good bit. I have Global Agenda and TF2 as well. Steam is "Jesot".

Every once in awhile I'll get suckered into WoW, but it's not really my cup of tea as far as MMO's go.

I haven't gotten my beta invite for FFXIV yet, but I've heard it's clunky as sin. Might try it on the console, but will probably pass. The Old Republic is the only other MMO that looks like it might be worth a go.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had this.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
I had one of these

long before I had one of these.

So did I, but PC gaming is far more old school than console gaming.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

(Also see avatar)
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I'm sad that CivV is coming out. I don't think I can handle it!

Also, my friend who is a big thriller game buff fell in love with Amnesia, which comes out tomorrow. He said the demo scared the **** out of him.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't really have a PC anymore so gaming is kinda outta the question but I used to play Counter Strike and DOD a lot. I also remember playing a MOH title a lot but I can't recall which one exactly. To this day I still think CS is my favorite game ever.

I need to buy a PC like meow.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I have trouble getting into other shooters, especially multiplayer, because CSS just seems so much better than anything else.

I hadn't played it in awhile, but then I found out they added achievements and now I'm hooked again.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I have trouble getting into other shooters, especially multiplayer, because CSS just seems so much better than anything else.

I hadn't played it in awhile, but then I found out they added achievements and now I'm hooked again.
I'm gonna try and see if I can get it to run on this laptop. Would you happen to know of anyway I could find that out?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-07-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Go to Steampowered.com and look up Counter-Strike Source. Check the sytem requirements and compare them to your system specs by running dxdiag. You might have to do a little research for your video card.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

looks like it would be able to run on here even though my processor is only 2.2 ghz while 3.0+ is recommended. Just need to get me a mouse.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-07-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Has anyone else stopped buying PC games at retail stores all together? I buy all my games on Steam or Direct2Drive now. I know some are afraid of not having a hard copy of a game, but I've actually had more problems with hard copies of games than downloaded ones. Downloaded games don't scratch, get lost, etc.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Has anyone else stopped buying PC games at retail stores all together? I buy all my games on Steam or Direct2Drive now. I know some are afraid of not having a hard copy of a game, but I've actually had more problems with hard copies of games than downloaded ones. Downloaded games don't scratch, get lost, etc.
I only buy my games from Steam now. Steam has awesome sales, and most retail places don't have much of a PC selection. I have 63 games on Steam, mostly from buying developer packs at a great price. Such as the Rockstar pack with all the GTAs(including the GTA4 DLCs), Max Paynes, Manhunt, and Bully for like $60, maybe $70.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Ya, I've stopped going to stores for PC games. I did pick up SC2 at Best Buy but that was only because I was there, it was there, and we both needed each other at the time.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend